Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:19:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 [6440] 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:07:29 AM

Not to mention slow transaction times, bloated blockchain, almost non existant official releases, not very many full nodes on the network, and of course the opaque blockchain in which you have to trust there is no bad actor stealthily minting coins they shouldn't. But apart from that. Hey at least Monero has a graphical UI these days. It took a while.

Whoah hold on there buddy that is pure disinformation.

From what I researched Monero has over 1k nodes, well geographically dispersed, pretty decent for a project of it's size, while Dash's Masternode allegations still stand, due to it's costly nature we don't know whether it's the orignal devs setup the Masternodes or not, I personally highly doubt that many people have that much money to throw out on a node so, at the very least people should be vigilant about the Masternodes. So a sybil attack is more probable on Dash.

And you also seem to confuse Monero with Zcash. It's Zcash that has a totally non-transparent blockchain with "trusted" initialization. Monero is decentralized and trustless.

Now I don't know about "bloated blockchain", that's such a redundant term, almost everyone uses it to criticize a competitor. And the last time I sent a Monero TX (wasn't that long ago), the TX confirmed pretty quickly with decent fees.

So I think you are just trying to discredit Monero here from a competitor's point of view.

You are right on the GUI part though, I really had to learn the console commands just to make a wallet, pretty gruesome nerdy work, but I think it was worth it. A better GUI and possible mobile apps and such should be put out in the future though.

here is a brief timeline with of how masternodes came out to be..DASH Masternodes - the perfect motive for the instamine

spoiler alert!...

crickets!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:28:02 AM

Oh that's so cute!!  Look, Dash was only $25 at the time of that little thread of yours  Grin  Perhaps we should all be thanking you for the part you played in Dash's meteoric rise (currently $340).  Your linking to that thread again now seems like a very bullish indicator.  Thanks Arielbit, things are about to get very exciting for Dash!!
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:32:57 AM

Oh that's so cute!!  Look, Dash was only $25 at the time of that little thread of yours  Grin  Perhaps we should all be thanking you for the part you played in Dash's meteoric rise (currently $340).  Your linking to that thread again now seems like a very bullish indicator.  Thanks Arielbit, things are about to get very exciting for Dash!!

you are very welcome..

just to remind you all, it wasn't just dash that boomed...pointing to dash price increase just to say that it was better than other crypto assets is just ridiculous.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:38:02 AM

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?  Grin Grin Grin

That's a great question.  "...and still crickets" indeed!

it was a long time ago since I have informed myself about the current dev status. does anybody know it? when is the evolution release?

Current Dash status = InstantSend has been broken for weeks and no concrete plan (much less working code) has been released to fix the problem of evil Masternode collusion.

That's what happens when you trust 3rd parties like Masternodes.  Your shit gets broken and the world laughs at you.  Every. Grin  Single. Grin Time. Grin

Dash is used to being a laughingstock (often literally the punchline in Core devs' jokes) because of its InstaMine, IPv6, ATM, debit, and privacy/honesty/decentralization failures.

But this time is different.  Leaving InstantSend broken removes all warrants to claim Dash is digital cash, as does the atrocious lack of fungibility created by the giveaway to Coinalytics.

More acutely, Dash is based on an ancient, creaky, dilapidated version of Bitcoin that is full of exploitable 0-day bugs, such as recently disclosed at the Breaking Bitcoin conference.

Worst of all for bagholders, Dash's Evolution is languishing in The Land Of Vaporware while an emerging LTC/DCR/VIA alliance of altcoins are successfully initiating cross-chain atomic swaps.

Dash can't do atomic swaps and can't support Lightning because of Evan The Incompetent Instaminer's idiotic refusal to use segwit for fixing transaction malleability, etc.

Decred and Lightning today showed the world what happens when you prioritize technology over marketing.

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/910224860625780736

Meanwhile, Dash still hasn't blinded the Masternodes and thus cannot solve its tiny little problem with InstanSend being completely phuX0R'd and unfixable within the self-imposed 2-week deadline.

Apparently the point of Dash is to fund scams like MaxCoin Keiser's Russian vacation, a butt-ugly rented plane, and subsidize an obese self-loathing man-hating racist virtue-signalling blue-hair SJW who shops for problem glasses and generally attention whores under color of TrumpHate. Roll Eyes

The problem is they cannot use.block hash.because they do not keep track of masternodes at a per block level.. its a p2p list thats sent prior to.syncing.. in order.to solve.the problem you have to  come up with a deterministic quorum that involves the hash of the block along with input and collateral output.. just using collateral output and tx input gives offchain analysis attack.vectors that make the odds that evam posted in the whitepaper far less convincing for having a quorum you own with minimal number of masternodes.

I saw this attack was possible before it was posted but didnt really know it can cause double spends so i kept.it between myself and a few others as we just chuckled about it.. but turns out more serious than I had thought..correct me if im wrong.but in order to fix it i think the entire masternode system would need to be reworked as a coloured coin type of implementation.

I also saw a recent push on reworking instantx and not sure if that actually solved the problem more than just patching it by allowing a 15 second window for instantx to complete.. im not sure how that actually prevents any attack here.

Ouch.  Dash's poor design decisions and resultant bad architecture reliant on trusted 3rd party Masternodes are not fixable problems.

Evan is like the sweaty stressed meme guy deciding which red button to press:
1. Leave InstantSend broken and abandon claim to be digital cash, or,
2. fork Decred and move the entire Dash coin distribution to a new blockchain via 1:1 airdrop.

But option 1 isn't viable because Dash's code was copy/pasted from an ancient Bitcoin release, full of exploitable zero-day bugs and thousands of commits behind Core 0.15.

If your friends want to test their theories I'd be happy to fund such research.  Let's see how many bad apples it takes to spoil the entire bunch.

Since exchanges are at risk of being drained using double-spent Dash, we need to put on our white hats and secure the vulnerable funds before the black hats get them first.

Another way to prevent loss would be to use Chris Jeffery's oomkiller attack to brick Masternodes until the network is paralyzed or at least segmented into uselessness.

I'll give 1 BTC to the first person who publishes modified weaponized Masternode code capable of carrying out this experiment.

The sooner we shut this scam down the better.  The pictures of poor desperate Venezuelans and retarded Iowan children being OneCoined trigger my sheepdog instincts.  Embarrassed
Give me 10 btc and a month and u got a deal
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:02:08 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 04:32:38 AM by noobtrader

Ouch.  Dash's poor design decisions and resultant bad architecture reliant on trusted 3rd party Masternodes are not fixable problems.

Evan is like the sweaty stressed meme guy deciding which red button to press:
1. Leave InstantSend broken and abandon claim to be digital cash, or,
2. fork Decred and move the entire Dash coin distribution to a new blockchain via 1:1 airdrop.

But option 1 isn't viable because Dash's code was copy/pasted from an ancient Bitcoin release, full of exploitable zero-day bugs and thousands of commits behind Core 0.15.

If your friends want to test their theories I'd be happy to fund such research.  Let's see how many bad apples it takes to spoil the entire bunch.

Since exchanges are at risk of being drained using double-spent Dash, we need to put on our white hats and secure the vulnerable funds before the black hats get them first.

Another way to prevent loss would be to use Chris Jeffery's oomkiller attack to brick Masternodes until the network is paralyzed or at least segmented into uselessness.

I'll give 1 BTC to the first person who publishes modified weaponized Masternode code capable of carrying out this experiment.

The sooner we shut this scam down the better.  The pictures of poor desperate Venezuelans and retarded Iowan children being OneCoined trigger my sheepdog instincts.  Embarrassed
Give me 10 btc and a month and u got a deal

did you guys just announce to the world of your criminal intent ?  Shocked EDIT :  again ? like the last time icetrollero promises to exposes Dash's weakness ? LOL

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:32:11 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 06:53:33 AM by qwizzie

Network Strength Comparison with regards to Sybil-Attack

Monero : 1000 full nodes
Cost to setup a full node : $5 per node
Cost of Sybil Attack : $5 x 1000 = $5000
Network Strength on itself : Weak
Network Strength against Sybil Attack : Very Weak

Dash : 4552 masternodes
Cost to setup a masternode : $346,010 per masternode
Cost of Sybil Attack : $346,010 x 4552 = $1,575,037,520
Network Strength on itself : Strong
Network Strength against Sybil Attack : Very Strong

Note : There is currently not enough Dash circulating around to even try a Sybil Attack

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:28:32 AM

Dash price outbreak in progress : stay tuned...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:31:40 AM

Huge buys on bithump. Koreans definetly liked Dash. I'll aim for ATH in btc. Than I might short it.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

wepobid

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:04:05 AM

everyone, I want to buy antminer d3 15gh/s dash miner .. from nodecrypto.com... anyone pre order this??
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:09:24 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 08:49:31 AM by kointrend

Huge buys on bithump. Koreans definetly liked Dash. I'll aim for ATH in btc. Than I might short it.

Impressive, 58% of the market   Cheesy

Come on, eat just five millions to pass litecoin  Roll Eyes

edit: Done!  Cool
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:54:08 AM

Lol, I mined 24 darkcoins in the beginning of 2014 with the GPU of my desktop PC.
It's good that I not sold it off in that time  Grin.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 09:02:32 AM

Not to mention slow transaction times, bloated blockchain, almost non existant official releases, not very many full nodes on the network, and of course the opaque blockchain in which you have to trust there is no bad actor stealthily minting coins they shouldn't. But apart from that. Hey at least Monero has a graphical UI these days. It took a while.

Whoah hold on there buddy that is pure disinformation.

From what I researched Monero has over 1k nodes, well geographically dispersed, pretty decent for a project of it's size, while Dash's Masternode allegations still stand, due to it's costly nature we don't know whether it's the orignal devs setup the Masternodes or not, I personally highly doubt that many people have that much money to throw out on a node so, at the very least people should be vigilant about the Masternodes. So a sybil attack is more probable on Dash.

And you also seem to confuse Monero with Zcash. It's Zcash that has a totally non-transparent blockchain with "trusted" initialization. Monero is decentralized and trustless.

Now I don't know about "bloated blockchain", that's such a redundant term, almost everyone uses it to criticize a competitor. And the last time I sent a Monero TX (wasn't that long ago), the TX confirmed pretty quickly with decent fees.

So I think you are just trying to discredit Monero here from a competitor's point of view.

You are right on the GUI part though, I really had to learn the console commands just to make a wallet, pretty gruesome nerdy work, but I think it was worth it. A better GUI and possible mobile apps and such should be put out in the future though.

These are my actual first hand experiences when I tried using Monero. Admittedly from a while back, more than a year ago. But the experience was aweful. Maybe things have improved. I didn't know the number of nodes had crept up, last time I looked it was less than one thousand. I am not confused about Monero and Zcash. Both have opaque blockchains. You don't seem to get it, despite toknormals posts on the subject. Ah well. You can take a horse to water but not make it drink. By the way the ONLY reason I am even mentioning Monero is because you popped up on here going on about Monero versus Dash like its some kind of competition. 
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:28:29 AM

It's only Monero people who ever bring up Monero in this thread, and then claim there's some kind of competition.  Comparing Dash and Monero nowadays is like comparing an iPhone and a paperclip.  Sure, if you want to hold documents together you're better choosing the paperclip, but then declaring the iPhone inferior because your papers fell on the floor just makes you look stupid.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 09:30:28 AM

It's only Monero people who ever bring up Monero in this thread, and then claim there's some kind of competition.  Comparing Dash and Monero nowadays is like comparing an iPhone and a paperclip.  Sure, if you want to hold documents together you're better choosing the paperclip, but then declaring the iPhone inferior because your papers fell on the floor just makes you look stupid.

Grin

Coin market cap looks nice just now, only Dash in green. And currently sitting above Litecoin

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:47:06 AM

It's only Monero people who ever bring up Monero in this thread, and then claim there's some kind of competition.  Comparing Dash and Monero nowadays is like comparing an iPhone and a paperclip.  Sure, if you want to hold documents together you're better choosing the paperclip, but then declaring the iPhone inferior because your papers fell on the floor just makes you look stupid.

Quote of the month haha gold!
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:49:18 AM

Monero has Fluffypony ... with a guy like that in your team, your coin is supposed to fail hard.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 11:52:52 AM

It's only Monero people who ever bring up Monero in this thread, and then claim there's some kind of competition. 

There is some kind of competition.  More than one kind, but let's just focus on ring signatures vs DarkSend (now RingCT vs PrivateSend).

Do you know that although Evan is a smart, dedicated Dev, his solution to anonymity is NOT the best solution out there?

Google 'ring signiture,' google 'monero,' google 'darkwallet,' and you will find that you have put your trust a good solution, but NOT the best solution.

You dark loyalist's have a wierd saviour complex about your dev. He is alright, but he has nothing on the dev's of ring signature coins. They are hackers. They are genuine cryptographers. Evan Duffield is an everyday software designer who wanted to have a go at solving the anonymity problem.

Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2. I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.

I work on this full time.

That was three years ago.  Now it's 2017 and Dash's PrivateSend is still expensive, slow and ineffectual compared to Monero's RingCT.

IIRC gmax calld it "harmful garbage."  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:58:18 AM

It's only Monero people who ever bring up Monero in this thread, and then claim there's some kind of competition.  

There is some kind of competition.  More than one kind, but let's just focus on ring signatures vs DarkSend (now RingCT vs PrivateSend).

As far as I remember Monero people have always claimed their coin was special but then I got shocked when I heard that Monero had a flaw that could allow people to create Monero out of thin air. I know they supposedly fixed it recently but the question is if we can trust this modification  Roll Eyes. And then they have this idiot in their team called Fluffypony that doesn't help the team's credibility.  Roll Eyes
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:15:35 PM

The higher the price of DASH the more these Monero losers hijack the DASH thread.  

They must absolutely hate the fact they backed the wrong horse!!

Keep the shit talk coming mofos, if anything it just discredits Monero even more and pushes people to DASH!!  You sure as hell dont see DASH supporters crashing the Monero thread every day badmouthing it, even though it probably deserves it.  DASH supporters are a little better than that.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:31:21 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 12:50:44 PM by qwizzie

Interesting pull request : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pulls

Cool, it got integrated into 12.2

Also it looks like we get more details about Instantsend and its security concerns in 3 days :

Pages: « 1 ... 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 [6440] 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: