Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 [6454] 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722366 times)
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:31:24 AM

Dash price is in a slow but steady downtrend, with relative weakness, and not just against BTC. That is never a good sign : usually means there are a few issues behind the scenes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:38:54 AM

A common lament in the Dash community is that, compared to some other cryptocurrency communities, it appears to be underrepresented in many online outlets such as Reddit and the Bitcointalk forums. For example, recently there was what appeared to be a coordinated effort in the /r/cryptocurrency subreddit to attack Dash, which garnered many updates and anti-Dash comments. The number of anti-Dash folks (mostly Monero supporters) appeared to far outnumber the Dash supporters. Further, Twitter polls asking for a vote on which cryptocurrency to support next usually show Dash significantly outvoted by other cryptos.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/trolls-vs-users-limited-importance-online-communities/

Trolls are an essential part of a healthy community.

They stimulate properly informative argument because : Either the replies are usually very cogent and well reasoned, or the Trolls are correct.

Either way, the truth is brought to the surface.

Fanboy threads and communities provide no useful truths.

It is important to remember that Trolls are by definition, all talk. The people getting on with the actual work are often too busy to engage regularly in online arguments.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:16:40 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:00:32 PM by mprep

Uphold – Up-To-Date Money Services – Review

Uphold.com bills itself as: the world’s fastest growing platform for moving​ and holding any form of money or commodity, instantly and securely.

They offer the ability to store and transfer between many different government currencies, a number of crypto currencies and even things like gold and silver.  At this time they do not directly support Dash but do accept Bitcoin (1&2), ETH and LTC.

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:20:44 PM

Nothing can go up forever. Dash is having a healthy correction. Not worried at all.

Dash still has some great tech. Fast and cheap transactions is what I care about. Paypal 2 not so much. More people taking Dash as payment is great

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:41:02 PM

Quote from: Stealth923 on October 05, 2017
So, here we are in October with silence from the Core team. The roadmap was only just updated with dates, which I was holding the team to and thought to be accurate...why is communication and holding to a timeline so difficult for the core team? I am not just talking about this instance, I have been around since 2014.....

Anyone have any updates to where each of the deliverable's below are, there was no information from the conference about any of the below?? did I miss some delay communication?? Should I just reset my expectations that this will be delivered sometime 2018?

Edit: And before people start with the "I would rather have it done properly and wait longer" message, we are paying the Core team to run a multi billion dollar organisation...if you release dates stick to them or communicate accordingly with your board(MNs)/investors.

Quote from: GrandMasterDash
I am okay with delays but I am not okay with the lack of updates / feedback. I get the whole secrecy / first-mover-advantage thing, but the prolonged absence of news is very disconcerting. In fact, I was thinking, maybe we should designate a day in October where we de-fund Core for 24 hours, just to send them a message.

Quote from: Stealth923
I agree with @GrandMasterDash - a classic example, the wording of the conference was "major integrations announcements"....there wasn't a single announcement, rather vague and ambiguous talk for literally 15 seconds about whats in the pipeline which is signed, but could finish implementation in 6+ months time/be cancelled for all we know. I get the lack of hype, but there needs to be a happy medium rather than just silence and acting like you work for the CIA....

I really hope that a communication coordinator is hired and or Ogilvy sorts their shit out with brand communication, messaging and learning how to professionally SET EXPECTATIONS, because after 3 years it hasnt gotten any better, despite multiple promises from @Ryan Taylor and team. Learn to under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Based on this delay as @UdjinM6 has stated, has this also delayed the remainder of the roadmap?Huh because if so, I am going to write off Evolution V1 until 2020+ in which we will most likely be surpassed by another competitor.

Tell us something whe didn't know yet.

I pay for sexual intercourse with donkeys.

Good for you, pity for the donkey.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:02:47 PM

Craig Wright: Dash and Bitcoin Cash Compete for the Same Vision

Craig Wright indicated a friendly competition between Dash and Bitcoin Cash as both seek to replace Bitcoin’s vacant throne as king of digital cash payments.

In a debate on Twitter over scaling Bitcoin for fast and cheap everyday commerce transactions, Wright, the chief scientist at nChain, maintained the need for instant and cheap transactions in order for it to be useful for point-of-sale transactions:

The method for this result preferred by Wright was reliable zero-confirmation transactions, which may not settle on the blockchain immediately, but still are reliable to be trusted when broadcast for smaller amounts. Dash can be used in this manner as well, except has an added benefit of the InstantSend functionality, which uses masternodes to lock in a transaction until it has been confirmed by miners, ensuring that the transaction will definitely settle.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/craig-wright-dash-bitcoin-cash-compete-vision/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
limaphii

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Founder of CoExistCoin

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 04:58:40 AM

Hey hey everyone. CoExistCoin will be sharing tidbits about Dash on our social medias. Dash is a pillar in the crypto world as we all know. I am also happy to announce that CoExistCoin accepts Dash for charitable causes. I thank Dash and am happy to spread the word around.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:31:40 AM

Bitcoin, Dash Can Now Be Spent at 40 Million Stores Worldwide, Thanks to Wirex Debit Card
 Attempts to integrate Dash
While many digital currencies focus on more arcane areas such as smart contracts, tokenization, or the like, the digital currency Dash has always focused on payments. The name Dash is itself a portmanteau of the words “digital cash.” Founded by Evan Duffield in 2014, Dash aims to promote faster transactions with its InstantSend technology.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-dash-can-now-be-spent-at-40-million-stores-worldwide-thanks-to-wirex-debit-card
The focus is key of success for dashcoin Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:36:02 AM

Hey hey everyone. CoExistCoin will be sharing tidbits about Dash on our social medias. Dash is a pillar in the crypto world as we all know. I am also happy to announce that CoExistCoin accepts Dash for charitable causes. I thank Dash and am happy to spread the word around.

Thank you, i'm glad that we can coexist and that you are willing to spread the word around about Dash.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:04:50 AM

Looks like Dash has started its price recovery mode  Grin

1 Dash is currently :

$307

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
nameless555

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:48:04 AM

https://i.imgur.com/TKYScB5.gif

https://i.imgur.com/V37NLJfl.jpg

Craig Wright indicated a friendly competition between Dash and Bitcoin Cash as both seek to replace Bitcoin’s vacant throne as king of digital cash payments.

In a debate on Twitter over scaling Bitcoin for fast and cheap everyday commerce transactions, Wright, the chief scientist at nChain, maintained the need for instant and cheap transactions in order for it to be useful for point-of-sale transactions:

The method for this result preferred by Wright was reliable zero-confirmation transactions, which may not settle on the blockchain immediately, but still are reliable to be trusted when broadcast for smaller amounts. Dash can be used in this manner as well, except has an added benefit of the InstantSend functionality, which uses masternodes to lock in a transaction until it has been confirmed by miners, ensuring that the transaction will definitely settle.

https://i.imgur.com/TKYScB5.gif

https://i.imgur.com/V37NLJfl.jpg

PLEASE NOT THAT GUY
I feel sick now thanks
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 09:58:55 AM

Looks like Dash has started its price recovery mode  Grin

1 Dash is currently :

$307

Looks like a blip.    Now down to 0.0532 : still falling.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:07:55 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:00:25 PM by mprep

BitCart to Limit Orders Amid Overwhelming Demand

BitCart has decided to limit the amount of orders it takes on in an effort to improve its service.

The online service allows users to purchase Amazon.com gift cards with Dash at a 15% discount, providing a solution for Dash users to use their funds for a wide variety of purchases. BitCart’s service, however, has experienced issues recently, with delays fulfilling orders and difficulties establishing solid communication channels. Customer complaints built up on private channels and eventually spilled over publicly to forums like Reddit:

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:15:18 PM

Despite Setbacks, Dash Morocco Team Pushes on With Dash Education in Arabic

Dash has funded a promotional team in Morocco to educate the Arabic-speaking world, which will continue on despite an early setback.

The Dash Morocco team, run by members Ilyass and Osama, was created with treasury funding to spread awareness and adoption of Dash in the Arabic world, starting with Morocco. This is to be achieved through hosting meetups and swag giveaways, as well as creating an Arabic-language video series similar to Dash School created by Amanda B. Johnson. According to Ilyass, Arabic countries have a high interest in cryptocurrencies, though most remain only aware of Bitcoin:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/despite-setbacks-dash-morocco-team-pushes-on-with-dash-education-in-arabic/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:19:52 PM

[low quality, zero information price speculation]

This thread is for discussions related to the Dash protocol, network, community, Instamine, ATM/debit card fiascos, Howey-test triggering centralization, Evan's secret transaction-reversing "spork" backdoor, InstandSend failure/coverup, etc. but it is explicitly *not* for worthless, generic Price Update and Moon/Doom posts that would get you Banhammered from the Polo trollbox.

Per the mods,

Quote from: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
Altcoin Discussion - "Discussion of cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. Note that discussion of how these currencies *relate to* Bitcoin may fit in other categories. ". Generic coin discussion threads or discussion about altcoin prices do not belong here.

Quote from: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
Speculation (Altcoins) - Discussion about altcoin prices. This includes discussion about portfolios ("what altcoins are you holding?"), price predictions ("is coin X going to reach 10$ next week?" or "why is this coin's price so low?") and general speculation ("are the altcoin markets crashing?").

Please post about price speculation in an appropriate Speculation (Altcoins) sub-forum.

There are already at least two threads about Dash there, and you may make another if neither of these is to your liking.

[DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread [MODERATED BY A DASHHOLE]- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.0

[DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread [UNMODERATED] - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1736249.0

Thank you for respecting the community and mods by helping keep [ANN] threads free from the annoying clutter of incessant price chatter and TA charts. Cool

Looks like the Dash price is about to make a new longterm uptrend at last, specially when you compare it with previous longterm downtrends and uptrends :

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4Movp7W.jpg/img]

Next couple of weeks should be very interesting...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I've already asked you to keep price speculation in the proper sub.

Do you understand that this [ANN] thread and the wider Announcement sub are *NOT* for price speculation and troll box chatter?

Looks like Dash has started its price recovery mode  Grin

1 Dash is currently :

$307

Just STFU about what the price is RIGHT MEOW.  Your idiotic opinion and pumping belong in the Price Speculation sub, OK?

If you don't stop spamming the thread with off-topic price update/speculation you may be reported to the mods.

Last warning.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:19:31 PM

What's this Icey?  Poacher turned gamekeeper?  Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:25:54 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 09:05:23 PM by qwizzie

What's this Icey?  Poacher turned gamekeeper?  Cheesy

yeah, he seems a bit upset... i just hope its not about something i said Undecided

Also to those interested : i decided to lock my Dash price and discussion thread in the speculation section of the bitcointalk forum indefinetely,
as Dash channels exist now that do the job far better (Slack / Reddit).

So in a way i give the torch over to those channels, keep that torch burning guys  Grin

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 01:50:24 AM

....hoping to test a DASH based POS based system soon. 
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:59:53 AM

Dash Conference London 2017 - Video Collection

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-conference-london-2017-video-collection.17350/
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:49:05 PM

Thanks for sharing tungfa, a good way to recap on what took place during the Dash conference and, like myself, a chance to see the talks and what was presented.  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 [6454] 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: