Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 [6464] 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722361 times)
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

Whats up Dashers?

Did you know Icey isn't as loyal as we thought? Shockingly he also trolls the bitcoin cash thread. He's been two timing us!

Shouldn't be a surprise. A real professional: Icey is expressing his opinion, trying to warn others about what he feels are poorly constructed projects.

The blockchain environment is evolved by just that sort of opinion, and the path ahead is by no means certain.

IMO criticisms of Dash are not all justified, but I do think that the governance system and the use of funds makes Dash flabby and unfit to fight against it's competition .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:33:57 PM

Whats up Dashers?

Did you know Icey isn't as loyal as we thought? Shockingly he also trolls the bitcoin cash thread. He's been two timing us!

Shouldn't be a surprise. A real professional: Icey is expressing his opinion, trying to warn others about what he feels are poorly constructed projects.

The blockchain environment is evolved by just that sort of opinion, and the path ahead is by no means certain.

IMO criticisms of Dash are not all justified, but I do think that the governance system and the use of funds makes Dash flabby and unfit to fight against it's competition .

A real professional. I find that a bit of a stretch.. Unless you mean he gets paid for the trolling, maybe? He's  a professional troll? Whos to know. He comes across to me as a pure bitcoin core shill.

Btw Icey if you read this, no I don't get paid instamined shekels or in fact dash for commenting on here. So as usual wrong again.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 10:37:27 PM

Professional : engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation

So yes, paid. Not implying any particular level of competence.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 11:13:24 PM

Whats up Dashers?

Oh look, the Dash Troll Patrol guy is here to earn his Instamined Shill Shekels.

'member when Dash Force announced that I would no longer be allowed to control the narrative w/r/t Dash's Instamine, centralization, HYIP, etc?

That was over a year ago, but I'm now more firmly in control of the narrative than ever before.  Just check /r/cryptocurrency and search for Dash... Wink

Why is afbitcoins always buzzing around shitcoins like a fly waiting for the opportunity land on a pile of poop?  Bcash and Dcash aren't even especially well executed scams.

afbitcoins' idiotic denial that there exists a problem with Bcash addresses being confused with real Bitcoin resembles his likewise idiotic refusals to admit Dash's InstandSend is broken, Dash's "Spork" master key creates centralization, and Dash's attempt to create a bounty for PrivateSend bugs failed.

In afbitcoins' make-believe world of wishful thinking and pure imagination, Bcash is the real Bitcoin and Dash isn't an instamined centralized bug-prone shitcoin scam. Cheesy

Oh yes and he controls the narrative  Roll Eyes

You must be new here.  Otherwise you would have seen me mercilessly trolling the XT/Classic/Unlimited/Bcash/B2X forkers over the last several years.  Sorry snowflake, you're not that special. Kiss

Here's a topical history lesson in the phase you brought up. 

Here is a technical blog post by DJB which talks about different approaches to cryptographic security.

It appears that Dash uses the "attacker economist" approach.

I believe this is a very relevant technical discussion that applies to crypto currency and in particular for this thread: DASH

Here is the link to the post: http://blog.cr.yp.to/20151120-batchattacks.html

No way in hell you're getting me to waste my time reading that. I'll never get those 10 minutes back... Roll Eyes

Don't read it.

But that's okay as I'm already a "troll" right?

Others may read it some may not...doesn't bother me. I'm just posting facts and my own take on those facts.

Good sir... No we will not put you on ignore.  You and your abusive thugs/trolls will not control the narrative on our DASH communities.   Your thinly masked contempt for our superior currency and community will in the end be your undoing.   DASH talk is the forum to get real information.   Everyone knows it.   In fact I'm seriously thinking of paying for a bunch of banner ads on all of bitcointalk to point that out.  Wink

It seems BigR's chest-pounding declarations, assertions, and promises were just so much lulzy, frothy braggadocio.  He couldn't even keep his BCT account safe!  Grin

Control the Narrative: What I Learned Working Dash Force’s “Troll Patrol”

I do this thing colloquially called the “troll patrol.”

Not everyone understands the value of the troll patrol. That’s understandable, since from the outside it all looks like a bunch of petty fighting and arguing with people who won’t change their minds. Having been in the trenches for some time, however, I can assure you that there’s a lot more going on beneath the surface than meets the eye. To that effect I’m going to write a series of articles on what I’ve learned from countering trolls for a living, starting with narrative control....

https://www.dashforcnews.com/control-narrative-learned-working-dash-forces-troll-patrol/

Quote from: 6 Things I Learned From Working Dash Force’s “Troll Patrol”
4: Control the narrative

Trolling establishes narrative control by repeatedly shouting one message over and over, in absence of a competing viewpoint. If people only hear one story they will be forced to accept it, while introducing a second opinion makes them undecided pending further research. If the truth is on your side, this is always a win, as onlookers will either remain indifferent or look closely into the claims of each side, which is a death blow to the trolls.

Setting aside the fact that most of the Dash trolls are the ones attacking others (hi /u/Basilpop) to deflect attention away from the Instamine, Joel makes a good point or two here.

Having the facts on my anti-InstamineScam side does make it much easier to win over onlookers.  The best example of that is when we "trolled" Tone Vays by explaining the Instamine was intentional, causing him to dump his Dash and warn the world about it being a scam.

'member?  https://twitter.com/ToneVays/status/717822927908024320

Upon discovering Dash's Instamine was provably intentional, he experienced what is called 'narrative collapse' when his false beliefs (learned from Dash propaganda) could not explain actual reality.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 11:49:19 PM

You must be new here.  Otherwise you would have seen me mercilessly trolling the XT/Classic/Unlimited/Bcash/B2X forkers over the last several years.  Sorry snowflake, you're not that special. Kiss

As I thought, bitcoin core shill, from the horses mouth. The way you openly admit trolling and revel in it. Hats off.

Bringing up instamine is a bit old and compared to ICOs is not really same ball park. In any case I think the more accurate term is fast mine.

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:40:42 AM

So Icey, where are others from your Trollero patrol? I mean Smooth, Smoothie, Volyova, Ponny etc?
 Only you here lately?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:30:29 AM

Hey everyone, please VOTE!  Bitcart finally got their proposal updated, and Bit to Byte could really use your consideration.  With only ONE DAY left to go, please check them out Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:05:10 AM

You must be new here.  Otherwise you would have seen me mercilessly trolling the XT/Classic/Unlimited/Bcash/B2X forkers over the last several years.  Sorry snowflake, you're not that special. Kiss

As I thought, bitcoin core shill, from the horses mouth. The way you openly admit trolling and revel in it. Hats off.

Bringing up instamine is a bit old and compared to ICOs is not really same ball park. In any case I think the more accurate term is fast mine.

And I tip my UASF hat to thee, Sir. Cool

But the labels "shill" and "troll" have become so misused and overused as to mean nothing beyond 'anyone on the Internet I disagree with.'

Dash's Troll Patrol went too far in labeling as "trolling" all criticism of massive Evolution delays, suspicious Instamine, coins wasted on Scam Proposals, centralization, etc. and now their credibility is shredded beyond repair.

Here is the last word on using such a victimological frame, where Poor Innocent Dash is bullied by Toxic Monero Shills (or is it Toxic Core Shills today?).

What you are actually doing, WhalePanda calls "crying troll."

What exactly is trolling?

Ask 10 people and you’ll get 10 different answers so it might be best to just go with the urban dictionary definitions.

I think it’s important to understand this. It seems we are now at a point that when people don’t agree with each other they just call the other person a troll and it ends there.

It’s very easy to do, make a statement, call the other person who disagrees a troll, claim moral high ground and say how sad it is that the other person is trolling you and that it clearly shows that you are right, without ever providing any real evidence about your own statement. (from now on this will be called “cry troll” based on the existing “cry wolf”)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
beru42

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:50:26 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/amandab_johnson/status/924788577568985088

Dear DASH Network:

I'm forming a proposal that I hope & believe you'll find dashing. Will pitch you in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
Amanda

Grin
tiaozhanziwo

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:05:14 AM

Why is this coin up so crazy compared to last year? Is it just because of an anonymous concept?
tema

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:44:07 AM

who knows the reason?  What the problem with this good coins on BTC38?  http://www.btc38.com/news/2017/10/15741.html

✔ Freedom ✔ Reliability ✔ Global accessibility BITCOIN ✔ Trust and Integrity ✔ Independence
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:06:35 AM

Dear DASH Network:

I'm forming a proposal that I hope & believe you'll find dashing. Will pitch you in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
Amanda

Grin

Yessss, she is backk  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:35:24 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 01:19:55 PM by qwizzie

who knows the reason?  What the problem with this good coins on BTC38?  http://www.btc38.com/news/2017/10/15741.html

The link you provided is from an article dated 12-oct-2017 and mentions SYS-XPM-BLK-EMC-DASH-XZC to be delisted 13-oct-2017

However so far i can tell Dash is still normally traded on BTC38 through DASH/CNY and BTC38 website also shows several Dash related articles
all the way up to today.

Edit 1 : to be totally sure (because i dont see the DASH/CNY pair traded on BTC38 anymore), i will check on dash.org/forum
-> https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/btc38-dash-delisted.17632/#post-144332

Edit 2 : answer i got back from tungfa :
supposedly all exchanges will be out of China by the end of this month. they are delisting trade pairs step by step

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:18:29 AM

And I tip my UASF hat to thee, Sir. Cool

But the labels "shill" and "troll" have become so misused and overused as to mean nothing beyond 'anyone on the Internet I disagree with.'

Dash's Troll Patrol went too far in labeling as "trolling" all criticism of massive Evolution delays, suspicious Instamine, coins wasted on Scam Proposals, centralization, etc. and now their credibility is shredded beyond repair.

Here is the last word on using such a victimological frame, where Poor Innocent Dash is bullied by Toxic Monero Shills (or is it Toxic Core Shills today?).

What you are actually doing, WhalePanda calls "crying troll."

What exactly is trolling?

Ask 10 people and you’ll get 10 different answers so it might be best to just go with the urban dictionary definitions.

I think it’s important to understand this. It seems we are now at a point that when people don’t agree with each other they just call the other person a troll and it ends there.

It’s very easy to do, make a statement, call the other person who disagrees a troll, claim moral high ground and say how sad it is that the other person is trolling you and that it clearly shows that you are right, without ever providing any real evidence about your own statement. (from now on this will be called “cry troll” based on the existing “cry wolf”)

Haha good one. A troll is just someone who you disagree with. Hmm perhaps but I dont think that would work as a definition. Its much too broad, and vague .
But Urban Dictionary says

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Sounds very close to the mark, both a) and b). In your case, convincing your victims that Dash is a scam and attempting turning them away from one of the most original crypto out there and solid top 10 coin. While appearing to portray it as 'helping'.. Although you do spam and flame too. If you have turned people away you have turned them away from a great investment, not something I would thank you for. Dash was first of new breed of coin with built in decentralised governance, treasury, privacy and instasend and thats only the beginning.

By the way I didn't call you a troll, you did that yourself.

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:43:29 PM

Joel Valenzuela @ The Texas Bitcoin Conference Presenting DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=S4mE0MDGtP8

#dash_force
catcat2017

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:18:12 PM

When was the block halved?
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:32:04 PM

When was the block halved?

Dash has a more gradual reduction on rate of new coins being minted. Don't remember exactly how it is done but its something like 7% decrease approx once a year rather than 50% as in case of bitcoin.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:26:29 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:57:39 PM by mprep

Review of Dash Budget Proposals from November 2016

Continuing with my goal of reviewing all Dash Treasury proposals in the past year we will now look at proposals that were funded on November 4th of 2016.  Looking at this months list of proposals there are many that rolled over from my review of October 2016 done last week.  Development projects received 2/3 of the funding with marketing getting the rest.

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:55:39 PM

I am waiting impatiently to receive my first Antminer D3 miner Cheesy
I would like to ask you what are the best dash mininig pools

@NibiruHybrid  good job! I have small sugestion.. It will be maybe more clear if presented in table form.
Link to previous months at the bottom will be good too

Dear DASH Network:

Sincerely,
Amanda

Grin
another quite good news xD Thanks!

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:52:23 PM

cryptowat.ch is getting rather creepy lately : https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/4hr

Pages: « 1 ... 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 [6464] 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: