Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722456 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:55:52 PM

Dash Core Group Developer, Codablock, Explains Quorums Role Within Dash

Alexander Block, a.k.a. codablock and a Dash Core Group developer, has written a Dash.org blog post about what quorums are and how they play a significant role in the Dash network and give it an advantage.

Codablock started off by discussing how “a quorum is a collection of entities that are able to vote on something” where each member generally gets to vote once, and once 51% or more is voted on the same topic then a majority decision is reached. He then explained how this is important if the “likelihood of disagreement is too high, which for example is the case when it comes to propagation of transactions and handling of conflicts if they arise”, such as double spend transactions. He then expanded on how the problem can create “one part of the network seeing one of the transactions first, and the other part of the network seeing the other transaction first”, and it becomes “impossible to tell which of both transactions is going to be mined and confirmed on-chain”.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
Merited by splawik21 (5), qwizzie (1)

People moaning about price decrease and blaming dash alone for the decrease should look a bit more critical to them self. Yes its really tough to witness you wealth decrease when you are still hodling but thats what a bear market does and have done every time. Maybe its because lots of people are experiencing a bear market for the first time but bear markets are brutal and irrational just like the bull fase is irrational. Dash went from $10 to $1500 last year which is totally insane so what do people expect when you have a much longer bear market then most expected. Some coins performed better than other during this bear that doesnt mean that those who performed less are total shit coins. Even Eth also has fallen from $1400 and that is the second largest crypto and it hasnt done that much better. Coins that have risen a lot last year have a tough time in a bear market.

Its true that the team missed some deadlines but everyone that knows a little bit of software development knows that sometime things take longer than expected. Especially when you are developing something new that has never been done before. Its extremely difficult to set a time line for something that hasn't been invented and coded yet in other projects since you are pioneering the technology.

People complaining only have to blame them self you could have sold any time during 2018 its not like dash havent had enough volume to sell into its a choice you made so you should bear with it.

Evolution is a big project and I think its good that they try to differentiate them self with it. It was not a easy choice to make I assume and the consequence of that is that you don't have a flashy feature every few months to add which during a bear market could have held prices a bit higher. But its not about adding some small features (from other projects) that will help mitigate the pain during a bear market, its about adding real value to a project with a clear goal. Dash does that with its successful adoption in third world countries and evolution fits perfectly in that vision of being a real payment solution its just takes a bit longer than expected.
SCAMcoinTalk

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:08:24 PM

Lol dash is by far the worst shitcoin of all time. Have fun losing all your money on this complete shit-show of a coin. Anyone still supporting this bullshit is hopeless and should be ashamed of themselves. What an embarrassment

Dash Sad
Losing all, what did you mean?
In addition, what did you also mean by saying "the worst shitcoin of all time"?
Can you give me more explanations on your negative judgements on DASH, please.
I would like to hear your voice with more detailed, more foundations from which you drawn such extremely bad words on DASH.

Dash is an instamine shitcoin with a degenerate leadership and community. What more do you need to know?

Half of the current circulation was created in the 1st four months:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/block.dws?000000000013629708e60a0a20c2161a1195f8ba4871eaf408baf847bca84f71.htm

But they say, it was due to some error in the mining algorithm. Why shouldn't we trust them?
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:51:55 PM
Merited by splawik21 (3), qwizzie (1)

It doesn't matter anymore if you believe them or not bc even if there where people involved that used that moment to obtain large amounts of dash they have had so many moment to sell already.

When you have large amounts and don't believe in a projects you will sell in volume. Dash is a old crypto which had many peak moments with volume before the 2017 bubble occurred and before people could even have imagined a rally like we have seen last year. There where plenty of moments for them to sell long before the 2017 bubble.

The wales that stayed obviously saw something in dash otherwise you wont hold for years if there where plenty of moments where you could have sold with big profits. You dont hold a coin you dont believe in with uncertainty that your bag becomes worthless.

There are plenty of coins who have large whales due buying large amounts with discounts in icos which we seen last year or due to large mining power or some other reason. Even in btc there a major whales and they are doing fine besides some market manipulation where you still cant get around of in crypto.

The people that are still involved with dash after all these years have the best interest for dash otherwise you wont spend so much time and energy in it if there have been plenty of moments where you could have sold and moved on already.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:14:27 PM

Dash Core Group Developer, Codablock, Explains Quorums Role Within Dash

[

Kudos to Codablock, I appreciated the insight.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:18:58 AM
Merited by splawik21 (1), JGCMiner (1)

So i've been around crypto since 2013 and started mining Darkcoin when it was launched.

I also remember buying DASH at it's ATH back in 2014 at 0.027.  SHortly after it plummeted back to 0.005 for a time.

I didnt lose a minute of sleep because I knew the ath of 0.027 would come and be blown away.  And it did of course.

I sold some DASH during the 2017 bull run and i also bought more DASH at around 0.06.  And once again, I didn't/haven't lost a minute of sleep over it.

0.06 will come again, 0.1 will come again.  DASH is here for the long run, it's in the 1% of crypto that will last.

Things happening in Venezuela just confirm this.  DASH is proving itself to be fast, safe, easy and useful and the 'evolution' components haven't even kicked in yet.  Evolution or no evolution, DASH works.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:32:57 AM

So i've been around crypto since 2013 and started mining Darkcoin when it was launched.

I also remember buying DASH at it's ATH back in 2014 at 0.027.  SHortly after it plummeted back to 0.005 for a time.

I didnt lose a minute of sleep because I knew the ath of 0.027 would come and be blown away.  And it did of course.

I sold some DASH during the 2017 bull run and i also bought more DASH at around 0.06.  And once again, I didn't/haven't lost a minute of sleep over it.

0.06 will come again, 0.1 will come again.  DASH is here for the long run, it's in the 1% of crypto that will last.

Things happening in Venezuela just confirm this.  DASH is proving itself to be fast, safe, easy and useful and the 'evolution' components haven't even kicked in yet.  Evolution or no evolution, DASH works.
Yeah, you made a point, mate.
Investors will never lose their money if they don't sell their coins at lows, at bottoms.
All losses will only become real losses if they make actual sell orders at cheap price.
Give DASH a bit more time, might be months, then the coin will recover to around 0.05 BTC, then reaching new all time high later this year or 2019.
I have no doubts about the scenario in which DASH hit its new all time high.
I don't worry about the current price of DASH, and of course don't lose my sleep due to current low price.

Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:38:12 AM

Ждaть нeт cил! DASH Too the Moon ↑↑♥↑↑
demo16

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:10:48 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 08:54:29 AM by demo16

There is a usefull functionality in the dashtalk forum, where people can rate the posts.

Instead of having TaoOfDictator and the rest moderators / dictators, we could let all proven individuals rate all posts whether they are "speculation as fact", and then let every forum user free to filter/show/ignore all these "speculations" according the ratings they received.

Futhermore the dashtalk forum needs threaded discussions (for example look at how reddit implements threads in discussions). The threaded discussions are usefull because if a post has been rated as speculation (by the majority of the proven individuals who are allowed to vote) then the forum reader who wishes to filter that kind of post he should be able also to hide all the following replies. This is the advantage of the threaded discussions compared to flat discussions (like this one). Having threads you can spot the replies of a discussion and hide/reveal the thread from its root.

The above solution lets everyone free from the Dictatorship of TaoOfSatoshi and from his ambiguous (and non voted) rules.

Sometimes I wonder, what is the real goal of the Dash censors and of the minority which supports them.
Is it to control the Dash community, or is it to destroy it?
I also wonder how many individuals and how many dash forums these censors plan to attack?

Who's next on your list, you filthy censor TaoOfDictator?
Qui est le prochain?
Wake up Dash community!
Spit the cancer of censorship out of dashtalk.org NOW!!!!

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:13:07 PM

Demo1to1000 sure is turning into a little drama queen.
A very hard working drama queen if i may add.

Now I think about it, this could be a contest of sorts
between demo and icey about who can bump the Dash ANN
thread the most, with in their minds provocative posts but in reality
nothing more then shallow silly trolling posts.

I wonder who is winning this contest  Undecided

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:02:03 PM

Dash Featured on Arizona 3TV Segment Showcasing Alt Thirty Six and Abee Rideshare

Dash was featured in a recent segment of Arizona-based 3TV/CBS 5 news, highlighting recent achievements in adoption in the developing world as well as upcoming business initiatives.

During the short segment, the host speaks with Dash Core’s CEO Ryan Taylor about Dash’s basic value proposition versus other cryptocurrencies. The segment highlights the need for Dash in countries such as Zimbabwe and Venezuela, using footage from the latter’s Dash Help Desk. The host also interviews Ken Ramirez and Lauren Murphy of Alt Thirty Six, outlining how the business plans on simplifying financial transactions in the cannabis business. Finally, the nascent Abee ridesharing company is featured, which plans on launching later this year leveraging Dash payments to save on transaction fees and maximize driver income.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

Dash Masternodes Three-Hour Segment on IBF.LV Latvian Business Community Channel

This week Mark Mason and I had the pleasure once again of appearing on an edition of IBF.LV, a network dedicated to the Latvian business community, to cover Dash. Specifically, we were invited on to give a crash course in masternodes: what they are, how are they different from regular nodes, how they help run Dash’s special features. Over the course of the three-hour discussion we also covered trusted masternode share services, use cases for multisignature wallets, privacy and anonymity features, and more. We also fielded questions from the audience and provided several helpful links to understanding more on the subject.

demo16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:07:50 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 09:15:52 AM by demo16

Demo1to1000 sure is turning into a little drama queen.
A very hard working drama queen if i may add.

Now I think about it, this could be a contest of sorts
between demo and icey about who can bump the Dash ANN
thread the most, with in their minds provocative posts but in reality
nothing more then shallow silly trolling posts.

I wonder who is winning this contest  Undecided

There is a usefull functionality in the dashtalk forum, where people can rate the posts.

Instead of having TaoOfDictator and the rest moderators / dictators, we could let all proven individuals rate all posts whether they are "speculation as fact" or "spam" or anything, and then let every forum user free to filter/show/ignore all these "speculations","spams" e.t.c according the ratings they received.

Futhermore the dashtalk forum needs threaded discussions (for example look at how reddit implements threads in discussions). The threaded discussions are usefull because if a post has been rated as speculation (by the majority of the proven individuals who are allowed to vote) then the forum reader who wishes to filter that kind of post he should be able also to hide all the following replies. This is the advantage of the threaded discussions compared to flat discussions (like this one). Having threads you can spot the replies of a discussion and hide/reveal the thread from its root.

The above solution sets everyone free from the Dictatorship of TaoOfSatoshi and from his ambiguous (and non voted) rules.

Sometimes I wonder, what is the real goal of the Dash censors and of the minority which supports them.
Is it to control the Dash community, or is it to destroy it?
I also wonder how many individuals and how many dash forums these censors plan to attack?
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

Inflation Creates Unique Opportunity for Dash Growth

Dash’s success in Venezuela was recently highlighted by a Business Insider article that discussed how Dash is supplanting other currency options in the country.

The article started off by mentioning how Venezuela is set to see one million percent inflation this year and how there is confusion around the government’s attempted solution. The article then proceeds to talk with Ryan Taylor, CEO of Dash Core Group, about how Dash is “seeing tens of thousands of wallet downloads from the country each month”. The article then went on to talk about how Dash is able to offer its fast transaction speeds, low fees, security, ease of use, and DAO to provide services to consumers and merchants to improve their lives, which includes being a relatively better store of value when compared to the Bolivar.

demo16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:16:51 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 05:29:40 PM by demo16

Report from DashUncensored.
Dash doesn't make the cut...Because Evolution is Vaporware!
Read more:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DashUncensored/comments/98pow7/dash_doesnt_make_the_cutbecause_evolution_is/

http://thefanzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/trash.jpg

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:38:11 PM

demo seems to be taking the lead in this thrilling contest between icey and himself about who makes the most shallow, silly and trollish posts. Not only by sheer number of posts lately, but also by degrading himself from just criticising censorship on the dash forum to now directly attacking Dash Evolution.

Congratz demo, finally we see your inner icey troll emerging... please feed it, it looks hungry.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
demo16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:55:28 PM

demo seems to be taking the lead in this thrilling contest between icey and himself about who makes the most shallow, silly and trollish posts. Not only by sheer number of posts lately, but also by degrading himself from just criticising censorship on the dash forum to now directly attacking Dash Evolution.

Congratz demo, finally we see your inner icey troll emerging... please feed it, it looks hungry.
I am just a reporter.
Whatever I report may be important, or usefull, or controversial.
Whenever I report something, this doesnt necessarily mean that I agree with it.

I am just a reporter.
I will report here whatever is censored in dashtalk due to the "speculation as fact" moderation rule (or due to any other TaoOfSatoshi's silly rule)
I will report not only here, but all over the internet, wherever I could find a dash related discussion.
Finally I will try to automate my reports, by using scripts.

I will keep doing this, until the censorship in dashtalk ends and until you set all the dashtalk readers FREE.
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

Casually looked here and was surprised that the Dash platform is so popular. About Vinesuela - it's strong. But, I heard that Bolivar has the wealth of the country, and Dash?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:34:14 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 07:55:25 PM by qwizzie

Casually looked here and was surprised that the Dash platform is so popular. About Vinesuela - it's strong. But, I heard that Bolivar has the wealth of the country, and Dash?

Its not just Venezuela : https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-is-experiencing-rapid-adoption-and-use-in-colombia/

The usage is the same though : both in Venezuela and Colombia the cryptocurrency Dash is getting adopted by more and more
merchants, so their customers can make their daily purchases without getting hit by heavy inflation (hyperinflation) from their
own local currency. This does not necessarily mean the wealthy upper class of those countries will switch to Dash, but for people
trying to just survive the hyperinflation, Dash is providing an invaluable service.

With regards to the popularity of this Dash platform, yeah Dash is the most viewed & replied ANN thread in the Altcoins section
for several years now. It shows that Dash has a strong and active community.

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:39:55 PM

Its not just Venezuela : https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-is-experiencing-rapid-adoption-and-use-in-colombia/

The usage is the same though : both in Venezuela and Colombia the cryptocurrency Dash is getting adopted by more and more
merchants, so their customers can make their daily purchases without getting hit by heavy inflation (hyperinflation) from their
own local currency. This does not necessarily mean the wealthy upper class of those countries will switch to Dash, but for people
trying to just survive the hyperinflation, Dash is providing an invaluable service.

With regards to the popularity of this Dash platform, yeah Dash is the most viewed & replied ANN thread in the Altcoins section
for several years now. It shows that Dash has a strong and active community.

and...
"...In a review conducted by the firm on the world’s 17 largest crypto merchant processing services such as BitPay and Coinfy, they found a reduction in Bitcoin Cash payments from $10.5 million in March 2018 to $3.7 million in May. Bitcoin payments also slumped from a peak of $412 million in September 2017 to $60 million in May 2018."

DASH going opposite way: it can be seen how hard work behind DASH community gives results.

No wonder they show hate and jealousy here and everywhere.
 So ppl go work, don't sit  and FUD here
Pages: « 1 ... 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: