Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 [6794] 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722490 times)
Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 12:10:37 PM

Just like banks, exchanges do not have the right amount of BTC or DASH.
If all owners withdraw their cryptocurrency into their wallet, the exchanges will burst, go bankrupt!
Exchanges are manipulated, put up walls. Exchanges are pushing DASH out of the market because DASH is the strongest competitor.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 12:17:20 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 01:07:04 PM by qwizzie

It seems that Dash Labs has finally closed and will not contribute anything promised to the Dash infrastructure about advances in hardware for masternodes.

Evan had all my respects, but if this news is confirmed, it has been published in:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/dtsmdw/dash_labs_is_closed/

He will have become a developer who has run away with his coins promising to use them for great things that have not happened.

I don't think I'm the only one disappointed towards Evan, but at least he should have offered Dash lovers an explanation for the closing of Dash Labs.

I hope that Dash Core will be able to clarify something about it, even if it is only an opinion of its members and what Dash Labs was for them.

Thank you all and wish the best for Dash.

Well, there is still time to put this into a question for the Dash Core Group Q3 Summary Call that starts 14th of november 2019.
Link : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q3-2019-summary-call-thursday-14-november-2019.48704/

I'm not sure though if Dash Core Group has detailed information about this as Dash Labs and Dash Core Group are separate groups,
and are operating independently from each other. But maybe Ryan can share what he knows.

Also i think it is a bit premature to call him 'a developer who has run away with his coins promising to use them for great things that have not happened',
Dash Labs did create the Dash Labs Data Collection Protocol. Maybe the bear market hit him hard too, who knows.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
prologas

Activity: 219
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 12:22:10 PM
Merited by UdjinM6 (10)

Thanks! Can you clarify why "Developer Fee: yes"? There is no such thing in Dash. Also, there are two great block explorers https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ and https://blockchair.com/dash/, would be nice to see them as additional options in "Explores" (I personally prefer the former over the "official" ones tbh).

Fixed.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 01:22:33 PM

Dash Podcast 129 Feat. Hytham Abdel-Karim Dash Investment Foundation Supervisor

Video re-post of the Dash News Podcast episode 129. This week we had special guest Hytham Abdel-Karim, Dash Investment Foundation Supervisor, on the podcast to discuss the current state of Dash plus Dash Investment Foundation updates and developments.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 01:29:36 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 01:54:12 PM by qwizzie

Thanks! Can you clarify why "Developer Fee: yes"? There is no such thing in Dash. Also, there are two great block explorers https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ and https://blockchair.com/dash/, would be nice to see them as additional options in "Explores" (I personally prefer the former over the "official" ones tbh).

Fixed.

Active wallets overview seem stuck on 24 July 2014 ?

By the way, how is the sorting arranged in the Coins tab ? The (Alt)coins seem to fluctuate with each other a lot there...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 02:46:55 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 03:13:45 PM by tbct_mt2

I don't know the median fees (USD) is per coin, per USD transacted or per $1000, something like that but at least from this site https://messari.io/screener, I can see DASH is ranked in the top of cheapest transaction fees. I've still not found details on that indicator but at least by now it looks very good for DASH (in median fees and its rank).

That site uses data from coinmetrics.io, from which I saw this detail.
https://coinmetrics.io/community-data-dictionary/

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 05:52:01 PM

This Week in Dash: November 4th – November 9th

This week has been another successful week for Dash with new developments, integrations, and general news. Keep reading to get a summary of the week.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 08:26:00 PM

Tao & Amanda LIVE! - Wednesdays at 5PM UTC on Cash Alternative TV.

Please join me in welcoming Amanda B. Johnson to the Cash Alternative TV team! She will be co-hosting a new show with Christopher called "Tao & Amanda Live!" tentatively scheduled for Wednesdays afternoons UTC. Those of you who miss the Billyrock in the public eye giving us her thoughts on Dash and other cryptocurrencies should not hesitate to subscribe to the channel so they don't miss an episode! Finalized details to come.

Name of show: Tao & Amanda LIVE!

Weekly time: Wednesday afternoons at 5PM UTC.

Subscribe to Cash Alternative TV to receive notice: https://youtube.com/c/CashAlternativeTV

Cheers, Tao.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 02:53:07 AM

I know some were saying it but I never belied them. How is possible that such catastrophe happened? Why is CEO not doing anything. I urged for intervention few months ago when price was higher then now. Why no one gets sacked for poor job done? With this tempo DASH will be out of top30 by end of year.

Thank you for warning the community that the price slide will continue.

Update: #22 now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 04:21:46 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2019, 04:35:53 AM by qwizzie

Are you part of the Dash community infofront ? If not, is it not  a bit strange to post in here and participate in this trolling campaign against Dash ?

Maybe you and your nice Bitcoin Maximalist hat should return to the Bitcoin Wall Observer thread, where you seem so much more at home. Also I seem to recall you really only like Monero as altcoin, is that correct ? (I'm too lazy to check your posting history right now).

Good Lord, bear markets sure bring out the worst in people online.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 05:02:25 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2019, 06:23:00 AM by qwizzie

I don't know the median fees (USD) is per coin, per USD transacted or per $1000, something like that but at least from this site https://messari.io/screener, I can see DASH is ranked in the top of cheapest transaction fees. I've still not found details on that indicator but at least by now it looks very good for DASH (in median fees and its rank).

I use messario.io a lot too, i just filter out the stable coins and exchange tokens by activating "Show Watched Only' and i normally include '% Down from ATH' in my selection, so i can monitor how Dash is doing in comparison with other crypto projects. You get an overview like this then :

There are also other indicators i sometime use (ROI per year in USD, Active Addresses, Transactions, Payments). I have noticed the Median Fee there too, but i'm not familiar with the details of this indicator either.

To track the Dash price on a long term chart, i use Tradingview.com and select Dash on exchange Poloniex. This is one of the older exchanges trading Dash and has a nice long Dash price history, handy when looking at this with a long term eye. I like to put Dash on a 1W interval, which gets you an overview like this :

Price

As you can see there is a clear 'bottoming out' happening here for Dash in btc price and we are now basicly waiting for the MA cross to occur. If it breaks upward (red crosses green / golden cross) it will be a bullish signal, if it breaks downward (green crosses red / death cross) it will be a bearish signal.

RSI : Relative Strength Index

This (customized) RSI shows overbought condition (70 or above) and oversold condition (30 or below).

MACD : Moving Average Convergence/Divergence  

Signals possible new trends, their strength and also their duration. This customized MACD indicator use red lines for downside momentum and green lines for upside momentum. Current upside momentum started mid september 2019. Previous upside momentum took place between 10 september 2018 and 15 april 2019 (7 months). It will be interesting to see how long this new upside momentum lasts and if it can manage to push price up. Another way of looking at these red and green lines is negative and positive MACD.
MACD is known as a lagging indicator.

These TA's (technical analyse) are not as accurate as their usage in stock markets and should not be overly relied on. But they can provide on long term charts a signal for new forming trends or a strengthening in trends. Which is why i look at them from time to time, to get a feeling for the market (i'm not a trader and this should not be used for making trading decisions).

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 06:58:22 AM

Are you part of the Dash community infofront ? If not, is it not  a bit strange to post in here and participate in this trolling campaign against Dash ?

Maybe you and your nice Bitcoin Maximalist hat should return to the Bitcoin Wall Observer thread, where you seem so much more at home. Also I seem to recall you really only like Monero as altcoin, is that correct ? (I'm too lazy to check your posting history right now).

I'm just trying to look our for you guys. And to be fair, there are some other depraved altcoin lovers on the Wall Observer thread.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 07:11:16 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2019, 07:51:29 AM by qwizzie

I'm just trying to look our for you guys. And to be fair, there are some other depraved altcoin lovers on the Wall Observer thread.

So you are looking out for us by backing up Febo ? A Monero fanatic who is trying to pass off as a Dash investor on this Dash ANN forum
(which is a hilariously dumb move on itself). A very strange way of looking out for us.

Maybe you should try to find other ways to look out for us guys, maybe wear one of these in your Bitcoin Wall Observer thread ?

That would be a clear visible sign of you looking out for us  Roll Eyes

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 06:50:20 PM

Dash is Looking Forward for Cryptocurrency Adoption in Latin America
Link : https://cryptomoonpress.com/dash-is-looking-forward-for-cryptocurrency-adoption-in-latin-america/

I just found this: Dash Latin America Adoption Leader Leaves in Favor of Bitcoin Cash, Focuses on 1,160 Merchants https://coinspice.io/news/george-donnelly-dash-bch/

This plus https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/dtsmdw/dash_labs_is_closed/

No more development?  I understand that in times like this when DASH is losing value every day we save founds, but to save at the development?

Look what George Donnelly said:

This is so sad. I cant believe it really. Merchants are what makes coin alive.

Can someone that know how please start CEO impeachment. He cancelled all development and now merchants are leaving for BCH.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 07:05:14 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2019, 08:14:42 PM by qwizzie

Dash LatAm fights to stay alive despite funding woes

source picture : from article itself

Dash LatAm’s CEO said last week that the group was shutting down across 8 countries, 20 cities. Now, group members say they’re not going anywhere.

Dash LatAm CEO George Donnelly might have called it quits last week, but the group refuses to die.

In an official statement, written by Dash Los Teques head Richard Jerez and signed by representatives of Dash LatAm, the group has said that it plans to continue operations
throughout Latin America—even if it’s without Donnelly and under a different group name.

Read more here : https://decrypt.co/11325/dash-latam-fights-to-stay-alive-despite-funding-woes

Good to see them continue the work and good of Dash Core Group clarifying that Latin America (Venezuela especially), remain vital markets.
There is also a Reddit Dash thread where this is being discussed : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/duf2d4/dash_latin_america_adoption_leader_leaves_in/
To conclude i also found this post : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/announcement-regarding-the-closure-of-dash-latam-and-the-status-of-dash-in-latin-america.48796/#post-217645

Edit : i see Weaselly-Febo is back. I hope he is not still pretending to be a Dash supporter, who is just here to ask the tough questions ?
A bit difficult to present to us when he has such a strong Monero background and such a recorded hatred for Dash (posting history can be such a bitch).  

Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 08:51:07 PM

Dash LatAm fights to stay alive despite funding woes

source picture : from article itself

Dash LatAm’s CEO said last week that the group was shutting down across 8 countries, 20 cities. Now, group members say they’re not going anywhere.

Dash LatAm CEO George Donnelly might have called it quits last week, but the group refuses to die.

In an official statement, written by Dash Los Teques head Richard Jerez and signed by representatives of Dash LatAm, the group has said that it plans to continue operations
throughout Latin America—even if it’s without Donnelly and under a different group name.

Read more here : https://decrypt.co/11325/dash-latam-fights-to-stay-alive-despite-funding-woes

Good to see them continue the work and good of Dash Core Group clarifying that Latin America (Venezuela especially), remain vital markets.
There is also a Reddit Dash thread where this is being discussed : https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/duf2d4/dash_latin_america_adoption_leader_leaves_in/
To conclude i also found this post : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/announcement-regarding-the-closure-of-dash-latam-and-the-status-of-dash-in-latin-america.48796/#post-217645

Edit : i see Weaselly-Febo is back. I hope he is not still pretending to be a Dash supporter, who is just here to ask the tough questions ?
A bit difficult to present to us when he has such a strong Monero background and such a recorded hatred for Dash (posting history can be such a bitch).  

I have friends in Venezuela and I have sent them funds in a few moments using Dash, and I ask them firsthand about the use of these currencies (BTC, Dash, BCH ...)

They answer that people only want these coins to exchange them for dollars as soon as possible. They don't see value cryptocurrencies in a social way, they only see it as a bridge to access the dollar.

To force the use of something through Dash treasure funds is to artificially maintain an illusion that will disappear as soon as the funds disappear.

It is necessary to look for the use in countries of the first world and then without need of promotion they will spread themselves all over the globe.

Social advertising is the oldest and most effective method. People drink Coke because their idols drink it, watch it on TV, on posters ... not because they give it away ... in fact, usually when something is given, they usually lose interest and value.

With everything spent on minor promotions, advertising spots could be made in national chains to promote the use of Dash, without the need for meetings, conventions and a thousand stories.

It is worth more a spot in maximum audience than 100 meetings focused on different cities

When people watch something on TV they look for information themselves.

Making a thousand talks or YouTube channels is fine, but only for those who want that information.

No one far from cryptocurrencies will approach one of those talks, however a 20-second spot will create uncertainty in people's minds.

How much was spent on creating the new Dash image?

Only a small makeup cost tens of thousands of dollars.

How much has been spent in Latin America?

Other coins without forced use grow in the same way without spending hardly anything.

I can give $ 100,000 in Dash to 100,000 addresses and say that Dash has grown by 100,000 users, and that is an absurd fallacy.

The way is to create a good product and promote it using the best means of communication.

Was it worth giving Max Keyser what he gave?

How many advertising spots in maximum audience offering Dash could have been made?

Either a 180 degree turn is made or nobody will stop to watch Dash.

What is the use of launching evolution if no one will stop to see it and try it?

It's my view, and I say it from the best of my wishes to the whole set of dash followers

There are people doing their work in Dash core badly, and I talk about the promoters of the coin, who should be showing their faces almost daily, and only make small comments from time to time.

They will see what they do, it is their job and part of their life, if the Dash ship sinks they will take them to the bottom, and they will lose their jobs ... I will lose some money invested and my life will remain the same, but for they do not.

If evolution is not released on schedule, and is promoted to the level it deserves, I assure you as a person who has been working with companies for decades that Dash will disappear within a period of no more than 2 years.

Thanks to qwizzie for his work informing who needs it on a daily basis, personally if this were in my hand I would give him the command of Dash core without hesitation ... he carries it in his blood, not like many others who live on the funds of Dash and it doesn't seem the least important what happens out here.
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 01:25:14 AM

DashNext & Dash DCG partner with IndoDax
(InstandSend incl ; )
https://twitter.com/dashinthailand/status/1193691397632618497?s=21

Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 02:46:21 AM
Merited by qwizzie (1)

Several Latam teams that work on the Dash ecosystem celebrated a conference this week to talk about the ongoing projects and the bright -and hyperactive- future ahead.
If you speak Spanish, you should set aside a few minutes and watch the video. If you don't, there is a short Sunday read for you too.
Video: https://youtu.be/Qea7fz_qUi8
Article: https://dashnews.org/dash-latin-american-teams-chart-path-forward-for-cryptocurrency-adoption/
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 04:01:24 PM

Survey: 13.5% of Americans Own or Plan to Buy Bitcoin, Equal to Entire Population of Argentina

A new survey by Crypto Radar, a top blog for crypto-related news and press releases, reveals that cryptocurrency ownership is relatively prominent in the United States with 13.5% of Americans either claiming to own or planning to buy Bitcoin, more than the entire population of Argentina.

Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 07:12:29 PM

Any information about it?

https://twitter.com/Techcenterr/status/1193939487753199617

Could be a great new for Dash.
Pages: « 1 ... 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 [6794] 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: