Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:02:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 [6797] 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722490 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 05:52:57 PM

Willy Woo: Most Cryptocurrencies Severely Lack Market Liquidity

According to new data posted by cryptocurrency analyst Willy Woo on Twitter, most cryptocurrency projects severely lack market liquidity, which keeps many serious investors away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 08:28:52 PM

I like to use 7zip and right click the file to verify the hash checksum when using windows. Looks like a bunch of coins are getting infected wallets switched in lately. That hash file should be posted in multiple places, as this happened on Linux Mint at some point and the hashes were also compromised on the website.

I agree that hash files should be stored on a separate server, and not on the normal download server (to avoid getting compromised too in case of a hack).
Also I like to point out that Dash also offer both it's binaries and the SHA256SUMS.asc (hash file) on Github .

Link : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases (see assets)

I understand there are also ways to verify hash files themselves, by checking who pgp signed them and compare that with developers that have signature rights.
Maybe someone from Dash Core Group can comment on the above ?

I guess we have to wait and see how Monero's official site got compromised in the first place and then check if our own security measurements are still sufficient.
Good to hear that 7zip also has a hash verification tool inside.

Each binary file has a corresponding signature (.asc) file, SHA256SUMS.asc is a signed list of hashes for all files. Corresponding dev keys to check these signatures can be found on github (the easiest way to verify keys - check the modification/commit date to make sure they were not altered recently) and on keybase. Keys on both resources should match (it's highly unlikely that they would be compromised in both places).

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:06:21 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2019, 10:53:21 PM by qwizzie

I like to use 7zip and right click the file to verify the hash checksum when using windows. Looks like a bunch of coins are getting infected wallets switched in lately. That hash file should be posted in multiple places, as this happened on Linux Mint at some point and the hashes were also compromised on the website.

I agree that hash files should be stored on a separate server, and not on the normal download server (to avoid getting compromised too in case of a hack).
Also I like to point out that Dash also offer both it's binaries and the SHA256SUMS.asc (hash file) on Github .

Link : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases (see assets)

I understand there are also ways to verify hash files themselves, by checking who pgp signed them and compare that with developers that have signature rights.
Maybe someone from Dash Core Group can comment on the above ?

I guess we have to wait and see how Monero's official site got compromised in the first place and then check if our own security measurements are still sufficient.
Good to hear that 7zip also has a hash verification tool inside.

Each binary file has a corresponding signature (.asc) file, SHA256SUMS.asc is a signed list of hashes for all files. Corresponding dev keys to check these signatures can be found on github (the easiest way to verify keys - check the modification/commit date to make sure they were not altered recently) and on keybase. Keys on both resources should match (it's highly unlikely that they would be compromised in both places).

Thank you UdjinM6.

I found the following so far :

Verification of SHA256SUMS.asc --> Just copy and paste all of the text of this hash file into : https://keybase.io/verify --> this will provide a name
Verification of Github binaries --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/tags (press green verified signature button next to v0.14.0.3) --> this will also provide a name

Both names match and point to a specific Dash Core Developer.

Which means we have three points of verification :

- verify the downloaded binaries hash (downloaded either from Dash.org or from Github) with the Hash File (also available on 2 locations), to see if they match with regards to the hash --> Hash Verification
- verify who issued the SHA256SUMS.asc / Hash File through Keybase --> Dev ID verification
- verify who issued the binaries on Github --> Dev ID verification

To UdjinM6 :

Each binary file has a corresponding signature (.asc) file, SHA256SUMS.asc is a signed list of hashes for all files.
it looks like most Hash Files are SHA256SUMS.asc files, i'm not seeing any individual .asc files for individual binaries. I guess it saves time this way.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
UdjinM6
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 01:01:04 AM
Merited by qwizzie (10)

---snip---

To UdjinM6 :

Each binary file has a corresponding signature (.asc) file, SHA256SUMS.asc is a signed list of hashes for all files.
it looks like most Hash Files are SHA256SUMS.asc files, i'm not seeing any individual .asc files for individual binaries. I guess it saves time this way.

There you go: GPG verification results I get by clicking on dashcore-0.14.0.3-osx.dmg.asc (assuming you have GPG Tools installed and codablock's key imported into it already) on top of Downloads with the binary itself and this signature file on top of Github releases page with both these files lilsted Smiley

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 07:48:57 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2019, 08:31:56 AM by qwizzie
Merited by tbct_mt2 (1)

I think it could be useful if someone from Dash Core Group makes an official guide into verifying both the hash and GPG key of the Dash binaries and link to it on the download page.
In my previous post i just looked at the dash.org/downloads site (specifically the Hash File there) and overlooked the Github binaries (which indeed have individual .asc files for each binary).

To get GPG verification working in Windows, people can mostly follow this guide for now : https://src.getmonero.org/resources/user-guides/verification-windows-beginner.html
Current version of Gpg4win is v3.1.10 and is free to download when you click 0 donation. GPG Tools seems to come with a price (€ 23.80), so that is the main reason i'm using Gpg4win.

Only instead of importing Monero's Signing Key, we will be importing Dash's Signing Key
Dash Signing Key can be found here : https://keybase.io/codablock

You need to click on the key symbol and then copy and paste all the text in grey, starting with

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

and ending with

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Put this in a text file and then rename the file from .txt to .asc (this was not clear in above guide) and just follow the rest of the guide.

Through Kleopatra we can then verify both individual .asc files of each binary and the SHA256SUMS.asc file.
You should be getting the following result :

You can then connect .asc files directly to Kleopatra by using 'open with' on a .asc file, selecting Kleopatra and clicking 'always use this app'.   

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 08:02:31 AM

Not sure how many people of this days still know how to operate with console commands.

if you drag the file onto www.virustotal.com you will see the SHA256.
Also 7zip shows it as somewone has pointed out.

The problem however really is that if the Main-Webpage is compromised so the links and the SHA256 file itself in the download will be compromised.
That means you have to check from the Github and that is then already a step too much for the lazzy user. Wink
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 08:03:44 AM

I think it could be useful if someone from Dash Core Group makes an official guide into verifying both the hash and GPG key of the Dash binaries and link to it on the download page.
What happened with Monero and the hack is terrible but it is just another lesson for crypto enthusiasts who store crypto in wallets they have full control of about the importance of verify, not trust. Even official websites of projects, exchanges can be hacked and compromised.

I totally agree with your suggestion and hope that it will hit Dash developers to release their official guides very soon. It is good for DASH project, for DASH investors and yes very good for building up higher position and reputation in crypto for DASH.

I have my guide thread for newbies, target at Bitcoin, not DASH, but they can read and learn key steps, then apply what you guided in your posts.
Electrum wallet - Update safely and avoid phishing wallets?

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 08:44:06 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2019, 12:55:56 PM by qwizzie

Not sure how many people of this days still know how to operate with console commands.

if you drag the file onto www.virustotal.com you will see the SHA256.
Also 7zip shows it as somewone has pointed out.

The problem however really is that if the Main-Webpage is compromised so the links and the SHA256 file itself in the download will be compromised.
That means you have to check from the Github and that is then already a step too much for the lazzy user. Wink

Hash verification topic :

I agree that using 7zip is much easier then using Windows PowerShell and since i already had 7zip installed, i actually switched to using that.
But i can also imagine people being reluctant with using third party software or uploading files to certain sites, so for those people Windows PowerShell is still an option
as its build inside Windows.

GPG verification topic :

Unfortunetely GPG verification will depend solely on third party software, as it does not seem to be supported directly in Windows to be used on Dash binaries.
tbct_mt2 windows guide* describes the GPG verification as well, also points to Gpg4win and how to verify that program itself.
Which is good information, gives us a second source pointing to the same program and is also a handy guide (thank you).  

*  https://bitzuma.com/posts/how-to-verify-an-electrum-download-on-windows/

Additional Information as at some point people may come across both GPG and PGP : http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/software-technology/difference-between-pgp-and-gpg/

I have one remaining question though, our last Dash update included this in the release notes :

Signed binaries for Windows

This release is the first one to include signed binaries for Windows.

I assume this is different from above described hash / GPG verification and is more like a digital signature in Windows 10 ?
I tried rightclicking on the dash-qt.exe and checking properties, but i'm not seeing any digital signatures tab there. Where do we find that digital signature ? Or how does this work in Windows 10 ?

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 06:27:05 PM

Dash’s Ryan Taylor Believes Instant Cryptocurrency Confirmations Can Solve Volatility

Ryan Taylor, CEO of the Dash Core team, believes that instant cryptocurrency confirmations, such as those provided by Dash’s InstantSend and ChainLocks, can help solve the persistent issue of market volatility as expressed on a recent episode of the Abra Money 3.0 podcast.

Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 08:49:09 PM

Dash’s Ryan Taylor Believes Instant Cryptocurrency Confirmations Can Solve Volatility

Ryan Taylor, CEO of the Dash Core team, believes that instant cryptocurrency confirmations, such as those provided by Dash’s InstantSend and ChainLocks, can help solve the persistent issue of market volatility as expressed on a recent episode of the Abra Money 3.0 podcast.

Pretending to solve volatility through speed will only make merchants who accept crypto send them to the exchange in seconds, to ensure their fiat and avoid losing pennies on the transaction.

I have been immersed in the precious metals market for years, and nobody cares about the volatility of gold or silver, nor does anyone worry about taking those assets into fiat, since they have value in themselves.

If we pretend that Dash has its own value we have to give it to him, and the way is not to invite everyone to change it quickly for fiat.

We need the value of gold, but applied to an investment that has Dash's future perspective, with its innovations and its use in the market.

BTC is digital gold, no matter what 4TPS does, or that your fees go up, people trust BTC, and create alternatives to stabilize their volatility through stablecoins for those who want to use them.

If we intend that Dash be used only as an exchange and not as an end product, we will have lost the opportunity we have. We only have to make USDT for example fast and secure, merchants will accept it, and USDT USD parity will give them peace of mind.

Why Dash if there is already USDT?

Maybe if you look for that, it is better to create a stable coin based on Dash, and leaving the Dash token as a payment platform.

We would have a VISA or Master Card (Dash) ... and a stable coin (USD) ... because it seems that this is what we are looking for, and I don't know if it will be a good solution, because that's what these platforms are already for.

a greeting
UdjinM6
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 01:25:10 AM

---snip---

I have one remaining question though, our last Dash update included this in the release notes :

Signed binaries for Windows

This release is the first one to include signed binaries for Windows.

I assume this is different from above described hash / GPG verification and is more like a digital signature in Windows 10 ?
I tried rightclicking on the dash-qt.exe and checking properties, but i'm not seeing any digital signatures tab there. Where do we find that digital signature ? Or how does this work in Windows 10 ?

It's the setup files that are signed, so that you know you are installing a legit software (the one that is signed by the verified software publisher i.e. DCG in this case).

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 02:46:34 PM

Crypto Currency Adoption Strategies with Dash Thailand

A fascinating chat with Sascha Jochum and Felix Mago, co-founders of Dash Thailand and Dash Next. Christopher (Tao) and the guys talk about their projects, their experiences with Dash's Decentralized Autonomous Organization, and most importantly their crypto currency adoption ideas and strategies.

Apologies for my wonky video towards the end, audio remains intact.

Thanks for watching!

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 05:49:28 PM

Dash Seasonality Data Shows Winter and Spring Among Best-Performing Seasons

New data from cryptocurrency asset manager and researcher Demelza Hays shows that Dash has clear market cycles in its trading patterns and price performance.

Net-chain
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

NTX developer

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 09:46:24 PM

Dash has been listed at https://masternodes.watch/dash.php (masternode statistics + monitoring)

Check masternode rewards, stats, ROI. Masternode earning calculator.

Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 06:45:16 AM

This week (11/22) at Dash Core Group!
- Preparing DashCore v0.14.0.4 for release with several improvements to InstantSend stability
- Made some small UI tweaks to DashQT
- Launched http://dash.org website in Traditional Chinese

https://blog.dash.org/product-update-november-22-2019-1dc02575ce58

Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 06:48:55 AM

Dash Core v0.14.0.4 — Upgrade Recommended for All Network Nodes

https://blog.dash.org/dash-core-v0-14-0-4-upgrade-recommended-for-all-network-nodes-1908b08e645e

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 08:08:18 PM

Dash Podcast 131 Feat. Heidi Chakos aka Crypto Tips

Video re-post of the Dash News Podcast episode 131. This week we had special guest Heidi Chakos aka Crypto Tips on the podcast to discuss all things crypto.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 11:41:21 PM

This Week In Dash: November 18th – November 23rd

This week has been another eventful week for Dash, despite lackluster price performance. Keep reading to get a summary of the week.

Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 02:38:12 AM

Crypto Currency Adoption Strategies with Dash Thailand

A fascinating chat with Sascha Jochum and Felix Mago, co-founders of Dash Thailand and Dash Next. Christopher (Tao) and the guys talk about their projects, their experiences with Dash's Decentralized Autonomous Organization, and most importantly their crypto currency adoption ideas and strategies.

Apologies for my wonky video towards the end, audio remains intact.

Thanks for watching!

Tell me honestly, what kind of nonsense are you talking about? If after your performances DASH always falls.
In Russian as something can be listen to the? I need to know why when you open your mouth, I get poorer
Dahaa

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:42:05 PM

These scammers go for 5$
Pages: « 1 ... 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 [6797] 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: