Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:51:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 [6953] 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722460 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:19:06 PM

So dash is as anonymous as coinjoin?

Is coinjoin anonymous or not?

Not really, CoinJoin on Bitcoin's network runs on a few centralized servers and has only a few rounds of mixing. It is what i call low level anonymity.
Also CoinJoin has limitations that few users realize exists.

There is a difference in how Dash uses CoinJoin and how Bitcoin uses CoinJoin.
Dash provides a higher level of anonymity through more rounds of mixing and having a decentralized network of servers then Bitcoin, if users take into account the limitations of CoinJoin.

So dash has a better version of coinjoin..is this better version of coinjoin anonymous or not?

Now, "level of anonymity" means nothing, either you are anonymous or not..if anonymous, then delist.

Both Dash and Bitcoin can optional have anonymity on their transactions.
Bitcoin is stuck with low level anonymity when users want anonymity on their transactions.
Dash provides options : low anonymity - mid level anonymity - high level anonymity (by having users set number of rounds to mix anywhere between 1-16 rounds).

According to your logic both Bitcoin and Dash should be delisted from exchanges for having optional anonymity on their transactions.
You do see the problem there, right ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:22:54 PM

Not really, CoinJoin on Bitcoin's network runs on a few centralized servers and has only a few rounds of mixing. It is what i call low level anonymity.

Dash provides a higher level of anonymity through more rounds of mixing and having a decentralized network of servers then Bitcoin, if users take into account the limitations of CoinJoin.

So dash has a better version of coinjoin..is this better version of coinjoin anonymous or not?

Now, "level of anonymity" means nothing, either you are anonymous or not..if anonymous, then delist.

Bitcoin is stuck with low level anonymity when users want anonymity on their transactions.
Dash provides options : low anonymity - mid level anonymity - high level anonymity (by having users set number of rounds to mix anywhere between 1-16 rounds).

According to your logic both Bitcoin and Dash should be delisted from exchanges for having optional anonymity on their transactions.
You do see the problem there, right ?

We all know bitcoin low level anonymity is not anonymous.

Let me rephrase, the high level of anonymity feature of dash is anonymous or not?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:31:17 PM

We all know bitcoin low level anonymity is not anonymous..

Let me rephrase, the high level of anonymity feature of dash is anonymous or not?

low level anonymity or high level anonymity = low level anonymous or high level anonymous
Both Bitcoin and Dash therefore have optional anonymous transactions / optional anonymity on transactions available to them

The difference is in the level of anonymity / anonymous
This is different with privacy coins like Monero that provide private transactions on default, through a closed blockchain.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:33:43 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2021, 11:54:25 PM by toknormal

- cant give 50% of coins with 0 cost and expect to be store of value.

Nobody outside of masternode holders has any difficulty with understanding this and it has therefore exposed a major flaw in the governance system. Turkeys & Christmas.

Its technological advances were ruined by disastrous economic decisions.

Indeed. Since there's no point in being a means of exchange without being a store of value first.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:40:34 PM

We all know bitcoin low level anonymity is not anonymous..

low level anonymity or high level anonymity = low level anonymous or high level anonymous
Both Bitcoin and Dash therefore have optional anonymous transactions / optional anonymity on transactions available to them

The difference is in the level of anonymity / anonymous
This is different with privacy coins like Monero that provide private transactions on default, through a closed blockchain.

Before coinjoin existed, bitcoin was considered anonymous until it isn't anymore.

Now..coinjoin is not anonymous anymore too, therefore bitcoin is not anonymous...so back to dash.

So..dash mid to high level anonymity option..is it anonymous or not?

This is about regulators wanting things to be transparent 'all the time', this is not about optional(dash) or not (monero)
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:47:47 PM

Before coinjoin existed, bitcoin was considered anonymous until it isn't anymore.

Now..coinjoin is not anonymous, therefore bitcoin is not anonymous...so back to dash.

Bitcoin open blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced on the blockchain)
Dash open blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced on the blockchain)

Bitcoin users can choose to use Bitcoin CoinJoin mixers to further anonymize their transactions --> anonymous transactions
Dash users can choose to use PrivateSend (a form of CoinJoin) to further anonymize their transactions from 1-16 rounds --> anonymous transactions

The more mixing, the higher the level of anonymous.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:54:24 PM

Now..coinjoin is not anonymous, therefore bitcoin is not anonymous...so back to dash.

Bitcoin blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced)
Dash blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced)

Bitcoin users can choose to use Bitcoin CoinJoin mixers to further anonymize their transactions --> anonymous transactions
Dash users can choose to use PrivateSend (a form of CoinJoin) to further anonymize their transactions from 1-16 rounds --> anonymous transactions

I'll use 'trace' instead of anonymous since you are slippery hehe

Coinjoin can be traced.

Can dash mid-high level privatesend be traced?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:00:38 AM

Bitcoin blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced)
Dash blockchain has pseudo anonymous per default (transactions can be fully traced)

Coinjoin can be traced.

Can dash mid-high level be traced?

Less likely, but the anonymity can be undermined by users not understanding the limitations of CoinJoin itself :

* don't use a fixed address before mixing sessions and after mixing sessions
* don't send the exact same amount before mixing and after mixing
* don't include a lot of input amounts (>10) in transactions
* lowering the rounds of mixing affects the anonymity, particularly on smaller networks

Even i have difficulty with number 3, sometimes (most of the times) skipping it.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:10:36 AM

Coinjoin can be traced.

Can dash mid-high level be traced?

Less likely, but it can be undermined by users not understanding the limitations of CoinJoin :

* don't use a fixed address before mixing sessions and after mixing sessions
* don't send the exact same amount before mixing and after mixing
* don't include a lot of input amounts (>10) in transactions
* lowering the rounds of mixing affects the anonymity

"Less likely it can be traced" is anonymous enough for delisting in my eyes.

Since coinjoin can be fully traced, we can say bitcoin is not anonymous.

Case closed. Thank you for your cooperation.  Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:14:26 AM

Case closed. Thank you for you cooperation.  Cheesy

Lets re-open the case.

Bitcoin open blockchain is pseudo-anonymous by default --> fully traced
Bitcoin users chosing Bitcoin Mixers to mix their transactions --> anonymous (just lower level then Dash)

Only if Bitcoin Mixers get compromised can Bitcoin transactions be fully traced.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:17:04 AM

Case closed. Thank you for you cooperation.  Cheesy

Lets re-open the case.

Bitcoin users chosing Bitcoin Mixers to mix their transactions --> anonymous

Nope, they are not anonymous--those bitcoin mixers.

Overruled.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:18:22 AM

Lets re-open the case.

Overruled.

Tell that to all the Bitcoin users still using those mixers.
As long as the Bitcoin mixers don't get compromised, Bitcoin transactions can't be traced very easily. Maybe with a lot of effort by companies specialized in tracing transactions, maybe.
But not by you or me.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:29:39 AM

Lets re-open the case.

Overruled.

As long as the Bitcoin mixers don't get compromised, Bitcoin transactions can't be traced very easily. Maybe with a lot of effort by companies specialized in tracing transactions, maybe.
But not by you or me.

Yup. Told them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktkORjPHZvE

The prosecutor of the DEA and FBI agents didn't say how she was able to trace the transactions, but did mention that they were able to follow the coins as it bounced from one address to another until it ended up in the agent's personal exchange accounts, and they kept withdrawing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now, that's called something else. They did not do any mixing at all, and they used their own personal exchange accounts, and they were withdrawing hundreds of thousands of dollars every month.

So yeah, they must have missed a brain cell or something. (Maybe a lot more ...)

“the perfect criminals” — being federal agents, “they knew how to cover their tracks,” ---all of them should just ask dabs how to cover their tracks

it bounced from one address to another

sounds like mixing to me LOL

she said "tumblers and mixers were early tech and technically they are not great" and they were able to unscramble.

she also said TOR was created by the government BTW

so there goes chipmixer signature of yours..hehe  Tongue

what I pointed out to you are results. companies with tools and government with tools. it is done and proven that bitcoin is not anonymous, whatever mixing toys you use.

this is like asking me to prove how uranium can produce so much energy, where i just choose to point out nuclear plant and nuclear bomb to you  Wink

I'm not gonna get a drawing board and explain technical stuff here. the stuff you need to search was so 2014-2016 LOL can't believe you are still in 2012-2013 era hehe.

ever heard of virgin BTC ?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/virgin-bitcoin-most-in-demand-crypto-that-is-regulated-differently

ain't touching those mixed coins LOL
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:44:02 AM

The only real difference between Bitcoin's (and LTC's, BCH's, etc) coinjoin and Dash's to my knowledge is a question of trust.

Dash provides a decentralized version of coinjoin where the user doesn't have to hand their coins over and hope they get them back. Dash provides up to 16 rounds of mixing. Since Bitcoin's solutions are centralized, I doubt they really have a mixing limitation. They can pretty much do what they want and they likely have more inputs to mix with.

In practice and if done properly I doubt someone can trace either Bitcoin or Dash transactions once mixed and after the fact.

I've seen many claims that it's been broken but followed by no proof. Perhaps if a transaction (either from Dash or Bitcoin) can be de-anonymyzed and it isn't the result of an obvious user error I'd change my mind.

Now regarding Monero trolling... I'm one of those people who can't seem to pick just one coin. However, it was specifically because of the heavy XMR trolling/hate on multiple threads that I avoided XMR altogether. Of course I regret that, because it's different tech and it does offer something useful to the crypto world. I don't believe a crypto can be true money without privacy. theymos and other BTC maximalists love the XMR crew as they always played buddy-buddy with big brother BTC while praising its superiority all the while attacking all other alts. Charlie Lee and LTC largely played the same game. Dash in contrast went right at BTC and has suffered quite the backlash over the years.

Still though, I can't see any one of these 3, LTC, XMR or DASH just going away. They've all established a decent enough network effect and are all in bull markets vs USD and are all poised for an easy 7x when the time is right. It'll likely be quick, one first, within a 2 week period sometime in the coming months, then the others will follow.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:44:47 AM

Lets re-open the case.

Overruled.

But not by you or me.

Yup. Told them

I am not sure the criminals actually used Bitcoin Mixers there. Looks more like just normal Bitcoin transactions being traced by the Federal Prosecutor, who obviously has a lot
of analyzing tools available to her. Analyzing tools you and i don't have. There is also some talk about early tech or something ? Bitcoin Mixers these days are most likely
far more secure then those early tech Bitcoin Mixers, if those were Bitcoin mixers in the first place.

Stating that Bitcoin Mixed transactions are fully traceable by someone like you or me seems like an overstatement.

The only real difference between Bitcoin's (and LTC's, BCH's, etc) coinjoin and Dash's to my knowledge is a question of trust.

Dash provides a decentralized version of coinjoin where the user doesn't have to hand their coins over and hope they get them back. Dash provides up to 16 rounds of mixing. Since Bitcoin's solutions are centralized, I doubt they really have a mixing limitation. They can pretty much do what they want and they likely have more inputs to mix with.

In practice and if done properly I doubt someone can trace either Bitcoin or Dash transactions once mixed and after the fact.

I've seen many claims that it's been broken but followed by no proof. Perhaps if a transaction (either from Dash or Bitcoin) can be de-anonymyzed and it isn't the result of an obvious user error I'd change my mind.

I agree with that.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:55:37 AM

Lets re-open the case.

Overruled.

But not by you or me.

Yup. Told them

I am not sure the criminals actually used Bitcoin Mixers there. Looks more like just normal Bitcoin transactions being traced by the Federal Prosecutor, who obviously has a lot
of analyzing tools available to her. Analyzing tools you and i don't have. There is also some talk about early tech or something ? Bitcoin Mixers these days are most likely
far more secure then those early tech Bitcoin Mixers, if those were Bitcoin mixers in the first place.

Stating that Bitcoin Mixed transactions are fully traceable by someone like you or me seems like an overstatement.

Two words, mixing and unscramble--explains everything.

Regulators hovering around exchanges demanding transparency and traceability...it is not about you or me.

Therefore..delist.

birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:59:46 AM

Still though, I can't see any one of these 3, LTC, XMR or DASH just going away. They've all established a decent enough network effect and are all in bull markets vs USD and are all poised for an easy 7x when the time is right. It'll likely be quick, one first, within a 2 week period sometime in the coming months, then the others will follow.

What revaluation do you assume for BTC during that 7x of the altcoins?

Thank you.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:00:37 AM

I can manually mix something by splitting my amount and sending them from one address to multiple addresses multiple times and someone else can indeed unscramble
that mixing through use of analytical tools. That is not the same as using Bitcoin Mixers though. Provide some specific proof that Bitcoin Mixers can be fully traced these days.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:02:54 AM

I can manually mix something and then someone else can unscramble my mixing.
Provide some specific proof that Bitcoin Mixers can be fully traced these days.

Take time to watch the link i gave you...they got caught eventhough they used mixers...the mixings got unscambled btw
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:07:35 AM

I can manually mix something and then someone else can unscramble my mixing.
Provide some specific proof that Bitcoin Mixers can be fully traced these days.

Take time to watch the link i gave you...they got caught eventhough they used mixers...the mixings got unscambled btw

That is still one case about a Federal Prosecutor on a specific case with the full power of her office.
Does not mean all Bitcoin Mixer transactions are fully traced every minute / hour / day.

A Federal Prosecutor could maybe do that to a Monero transaction as well these days. So many analytical tools available these days.

Pages: « 1 ... 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 [6953] 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: