Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722494 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

5 more days huh...so a new wallet will be released on the 20th???
I am new to mining DRK but am digging the lower temps/kWh usage.
Thanks!

No, recent wallet 0.9.10.1 already contains all necessary changes for the hardfork.

You can update now and you will be ready for the hardfork on 20th.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick and informative reply. This thread is so active it is hard for a DRK newb to keep up! I just started reading over on Darkcointalk  Grin

Happy mining and have a super day!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:00:47 PM

Has the actual time been decided, and is it definitely that time zone?

Edit: Clock is sometimes broken from here - sometimes all black, sometimes bottom 2/3 is black, sometimes is fine.

Defined in sourcecode

Code:
#define START_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS 1403280000 //Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:00:00 GMT

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/blob/v0.9.10.1/src/main.h#L40
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:16:11 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 07:34:41 PM by DyslexicZombei

Howdy, howdy.

I've stayed out of this thread so far since I was still establishing my new MasterNode service, but if you hadn't heard: I'm offering free setup services for community owned nodes in the alt marketplace forum. I've been a cryptominer seller since last July, and founded a large Bitcoin miner's cooperative on the Group Buys forum where I've handled well over 1000BTC of the community's funds without major incident. I was entrusted with these Bitcoin funds to get volume pricing for those involved.

It normally takes 1000DRK to establish a MasterNode, which I'm sure isn't news to you. I'm the first forum vetted IT Network Professional who is offering setup services, management, and partial stakes of either 100DRK (10%) or 250DRK (25%). I was originally vetted by John K. of John K. Escrow last August. By offering a trusted community hub for setting up these nodes, you can own a part of a hardened node for only 100 DRK, and management and operations fees will be deducted from earned Darkcoin from node ops:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0;all

By lowering the barrier to Masternode ownership: This should help tremendously for improving community support of MasterNodes by actively engaging those that have some Darkcoin but not enough for a full node.
As far as I know, for the entire small roster of current Darkcoin operators, I have the highest Bitcoin Talk Trust Rating and longest public track record as a seller of electronic goods & services (going back 11 years, 100%, 162 on ebay with my wife rainbowlady03)

====

I was the first person to offer these setup services when I was looking for a partner for the first community owned node (which is now up): http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/268lnf/looking_for_a_5050_master_node_partner/

Since this worked out well, I decided to open it up to a wider crypto audience. My fees are cheaper than DarkDice's 10% management fees, the 2nd entity to offer these setup sevices, and doesn't involve the possibility of directly enabling gambling addiction if you were to send them 1000DRK to set up your own 100% self-owned node with them. [Since we have free will: I personally don't see anything wrong with gambling or investing with gambling companies but some may hesitate due to this.]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My management fees are only 3% per month (for now) + $12 per month per node [provided at or near cost] which pays for hosting/power/AV/FW/DDOS protection and setup/hardening by a DoD certified IT Pro who designs prototype systems and/or networks during the day. The estimated fees are 5-6%. These fees will likely be increased to a flat 7.5% management/hosting fee for July, Batch 4 setups.

Due to overwhelming response from full node owners: These will be the only community owned nodes consisting of partial stakes that I'll be setting up this month if you miss the sign up period which ends on the 18th at 9PM HST.

I'm still taking 100% node sign ups at this point, but there's now a long line ahead of you for if you wanted to sign up for a full 100% node, so I don't have an ETA for new 100% signups (as opposed to 10% & 25% signups).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you have questions: please read thru the thread first as someone has likely already brought up your question or concern. Aloha!

P.S. Big shout out to Evan, the Dev Team, and the Testing team like Tante, chaeplin, and Flare. You guys rock! I just wish I had time to also be a testnet operator too.
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:33:18 PM

I am happy to confirm that my share DZ received today.

Guys dont miss this opportunity, DZ is great busy guy who really for few peanuts,
offering a system where less then 1k DRK holders becoming part of big MN family.

Thank you DZ for this great opportunity, I transferred you all of my DRKs with a smile Smiley
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

I am happy to confirm that my share DZ received today.

Guys dont miss this opportunity, DZ is great busy guy who really for few peanuts,
offering a system where less then 1k DRK holders becoming part of big MN family.

Thank you DZ for this great opportunity, I transferred you all of my DRKs with a smile Smiley

Heh, thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm definitely a proponent of the Dale Carnegie school of thought

I am most definitely humbled by the responsibility you all entrust with me and my small team, and proud to be the first to offer these services to my fellow Darkcoin fans.

I wasn't around for it back then: but I imagine this is what it felt like to be involved in Bitcoin in late 2011 or 2012.

However, unlike Bitcoin miners in circa 2013-2014: I'm so glad that we're not waiting for some ASIC tapeout for a Bitcoin or Scrypt miner, and that unlike a Bitcoin/Scrypt miner, a Darkcoin MasterNode doesn't trend downwards in value by double digit percentages every month.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:41:06 PM

It's great we have people pooling for masternodes.  I hope some day we can do it with a system so trust isn't' involved, but it's great that trusted members are willing to do this for everyone!  

Mr. President, I'm having trouble getting on darkcoindtalk, so I'm going to quickly put my comments down here in case they're helpful.  This is for chaeplin's Masternode setup guide :

How dumbed down do you want to make this?  LOL.  If you want to make it easier for a newb like I was/am back 5 months ago, there are a few things that would help:

1.  Explain that EOF means End of File, LOL, it messes things up if you include it in your file)
2.  When rebooting the instance after setting the iptables rules, sometimes you can't log back into your Amazon instance.  Because of that, I didn't upgrade the distribution for a long time.  Then I discovered that if you reboot on the EC2 instance management page on the website, you'll be able to log back in.
3.  at step 9, until the source for the masternodes is available, you need to just download the compiled version, so maybe that should be noted.  Just cd /usr/bin and do sudo wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind  then  sudo chmod +x darkcoind and finally go back to home directory cd /home/ubuntu.
4.  On one machine I need to use darkcoind -daemon or else I don't get my prompt back, might be nice to list that trick.
5.  we now need other info for darkcoin.conf files IF you want to run your masternode with the 1000 coins inside it:
masternodeprivkey=to get this, set masternode=0, run darkcoind and run command: darkcoind getmasternodekey
masternode=1 or 0, depending on if it's on or off
addnode=23.23.186.131:9999

Got to go, have a great day everyone!  Will be back later Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
btler420

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:44:02 PM

Looking stable so far.

y1.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:46:38 PM

It's great we have people pooling for masternodes.  I hope some day we can do it with a system so trust isn't' involved, but it's great that trusted members are willing to do this for everyone!  

Hi Tante,

I agree about your idea about a trustless system for this. I saw an opportunity to leverage my experience and Trust Rating to set up as a trusted community hub for partial and full MasterNodes, which is why I'm happy to be here.

If this works out and there's a market for liquid MasterNode partial stakes, I'd be willing to work with someone that already has an exchange system set up so that stake ownerships can be safely traded without any human involved. I think we'll get there, and this service will help the community see that there's a need to set up a trustless system for trading MN ownerships.

At this point: since the community only has us two guys (thomas_s & I) at this point, we'd rather not be having to manually log and track down tons of stake buyouts among community members even if we get a 3% cut from the ownership changes.

==

BTW, my Darkcoin Talk forum account password change method doesn't work (yields a screen with no typeable fields) else I would've been back to hang out and ask questions directed to the Dev/Test team. Been too busy to chase an admin down.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:49:54 PM

HARD FORK THIS =====POW IS CRAP +++++ DARK IS A SHIT
Stop trolling. DRK is great, and the development team is awesome compared to what most coins have.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:56:32 PM

HARD FORK THIS =====POW IS CRAP +++++ DARK IS A SHIT
Stop trolling. DRK is great, and the development team is awesome compared to what most coins have.

+1

DRK threads are active with content and it's usually business as usual (dev talk, new ideas, release info etc). Not many other coin threads can claim that!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

Most other coins just have thread full of people wondering why their coin is worthless, or spinning conspiracies about how someone is keeping their coin down on purpose. You know, because it takes a conspiracy to keep a shitcoin's value down.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

Most other coins just have thread full of people wondering why their coin is worthless, or spinning conspiracies about how someone is keeping their coin down on purpose. You know, because it takes a conspiracy to keep a shitcoin's value down.

I lived in albania for 46 years and there is a shitty place every one willing to crack ur skull with a sledge hammer and lock to coffer or something too much gaffers goofing around they are stare at your car and show the middle finger with a brown blob at the top they are using it to poke in ass or to mess in pants, delimit jungles

Lol, thanks for warning me.
snogcel

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:28:11 PM

Started up my Masternode today!

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the testing and support taking place over at darkcointalk.org. Would strongly recommend any other node operators run on testnet for a few days before moving over to mainnet - was nice to get a feel for the mechanics of how the local / remote config works.

Very optimistic about June 20th and beyond Smiley

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:00 PM

19th-20th We'll see the strength of the balls left in the Dark markets. Many weak hands already shaken out, will there be many more who panic or manipulatively sell due to the impending fork? Only time will tell.
The fork is a good thing, the price should go up. Especially afterwards if all goes well, which it should do this time. *crosses fingers* There's certainly been plenty of good testing talent thrown at it and the recent outlook is positive.

TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:10:33 PM

One interesting thing that might affect the price somewhat after the 20th... due to a bug (now fixed in new code) that caused masternodes to still look as if they were there when they should have been removed from the list, there are a lot less masternodes than thought, which means they'll be a lot more profitable than expected, which means there'll be a lot more demand for more darkcoin for more masternodes.

Edit: From Tuesday:
The mainnet version of the software has the ghost masternode problem, so 70+% of that list is not really there.

RUEHL

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:11:29 PM

Considering miners will start getting paid, it's a tuff choice.

Wait and make sure things work at the expensive of possibly paying 25% more?  

Buy now while prices are relatively affordable and just risk it.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

One interesting thing that might affect the price somewhat after the 20th... due to a bug (now fixed in new code) that caused masternodes to still look as if they were there when they should have been removed from the list, there are a lot less masternodes than thought, which means they'll be a lot more profitable than expected, which means there'll be a lot more demand for more darkcoin for more masternodes.

The mainnet version of the software has the ghost masternode problem, so 70+% of that list is not really there.

What entails in setting up/operating a masternode? I have only read bits n pieces so far but it sounds like something I could get into  Cool

*Got LootCrate?*
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:26:35 PM

19th-20th We'll see the strength of the balls left in the Dark markets. Many weak hands already shaken out, will there be many more who panic or manipulatively sell due to the impending fork? Only time will tell.
The fork is a good thing, the price should go up. Especially afterwards if all goes well, which it should do this time. *crosses fingers* There's certainly been plenty of good testing talent thrown at it and the recent outlook is positive.

I think we'll avoid random forking this time as it has been tested extensively on testnet for ~20 days under various scenarios, with multiple bugs fixed.

From what I understand some minor bugs / non-gamestopping issues seem to remain though, which should be fixed in next forks (rc4/rc5+). After all it still remains a complex affair as it introduces a new layer of consensus that the BTC protocol wasn't designed to support.

The price before the prior fork was like 0.025 or something so it's already much lower right now - it can't get much cheaper. The primary buying force behind the coin seems to be on "cautious stand-by" after the fork issues, sweeping low-cost coins when the opportunity presents itself by panic sellers, cost averaging his position to lower levels and price-correcting the coin to preserve its high coinmarketcap position which, in itself, took the coin to another level in terms of media exposure, market acceptance etc. The "pumper" did a great job in how he used coinmarketcap to boost the coin.

At the same time, this same buyer probably initiated the XC pump as well as a diversification option. The volume and buying power were almost the same level and that was not by coincidence. With the info we had at the start XC seemed like a nice addition / a nice prospect but the dev took the wrong course with trusted transactions, effectively undoing what the Bitcoin protocol does (trustless transactions). It's kind of salvage operation there, investment wise.

It's interesting how so many "anonymous" coins have been presented so far (based on bitcoin-blockchain) and yet despite the credentials or ideas of the devs, which in some cases are marketed as better than DRK's, it's still a load of crap in terms of tech. Central mixers, exchange laundering (lol), coin-forwarding from wallet-to-wallet, I mean you can't make this stuff up. And half of them (or more) are scamcoins - with some even being criminal coins, like honorcoin which used people's credentials to rob them off their exchange accounts.

Anyway, let's see how it works out with the fork and move on with improving the "core business" part (anonymity).

Considering miners will start getting paid, it's a tuff choice.

Wait and make sure things work at the expensive of possibly paying 25% more?  

If you pay 25% more, you've lost the annual ROI (supposing a large number of nodes are operational).
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:29:22 PM

What entails in setting up/operating a masternode? I have only read bits n pieces so far but it sounds like something I could get into  Cool

This is a great place to start: https://darkcointalk.org/forums/master-nodes.47/

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

This is a great place to start: https://darkcointalk.org/forums/master-nodes.47/

Thanks a bunch! Time to read up and register on the DRK forums  Cool

*Got LootCrate?*
Pages: « 1 ... 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: