Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 [2656] 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:38:11 PM

I got about 270 DRK on a exchange. Whats the advantage to send it to a wallet?
Exchanges sometimes get hacked. If you send it to a wallet, you take responsibility for its security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rfisher1968

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:40:12 PM

Exchanges sometimes get hacked. If you send it to a wallet, you take responsibility for its security.

Very true. Is there any DRK to be made with only 270 DRK in a wallet other than price appreciation.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:41:45 PM

Very true. Is there any DRK to be made with only 270 DRK in a wallet
You could buy a partial masternode stake. Such opportunities pop up from time to time.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:42:30 PM

Hi group...

Just checking and seeing is someone has compiled a list of any issues left?  I for one have not yet installed the RC4 wallet because there were bound to be issues.  its like buying the first major model change of a car... wont do it.   There are always bugs... and to be honest I knew i wasnt going to have the time to devote to properly test it out as it is.  what ver are we at. 31 now?  Its not cool to have s slug fest in here.   Im not sure why people are so worked up.  From all the material in here it seems that 98% success rate thus far.   thats great.  I am not sure how to interpret the other  2%,  it seems odd to me... they are quite vocal and toxic about it.  I dont see whats wrong with going to the jira site to report bugs.   People not doing so is sort of like haveing your Dell computer not working, and instead of calling tech support... going over to consumer reports and screaming about your computer being broken and jumping up in down and wondering why the computer isnt getting fixed... and refusing to use dell tech support because  Dell support is going to be biased?!?  How does that actually make sense?  Common people really???  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
rfisher1968

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

You could buy a partial masternode stake. Such opportunities pop up from time to time.

Thanks for the info.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:46:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look  like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:47:32 PM

Guys,

I have a question.

I'll go right out ahead and say that i am a firm Darkcoin enthusiast (maybe even believer) because of the way that i've seen the developers handle everything thus far. Kudos for them all the way!

However, i am also invested in another coin (CL...)
I believe both of these coins have very good fundamentals and are serious contendors of having large marketcaps in the future.

However, I believe that currently the idea of CLOAK on OneMarket is superior to that what we are going to be implementing here (OpenBazaar).
Because the way I see it, OpenBazaar uses some form of central marketplace, whereas Onemarket is a decentralised marketplace.

Is there anyone who can explain me why OpenBazaar should/would be superior to an implementation like OneMarket, or why we choose to not try and implement something similar like them here?

Not trying to spread FUD here, i genuinely want DRK to succeed! Am just trying to get a more firm understanding of the market.

Dark on

Developing first a strong working anonymous solution like DarkSend+ is the priority.  IMO the real challenge lies there not in a marketplace, with the API you can use Darkcoin in any marketplace.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:48:58 PM

I have a partial mn stake to sell: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0;all
lol  Grin

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:50:21 PM

Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look  like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

This is what I come here for  Cool

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:56:53 PM

Guys,

I have a question.

I'll go right out ahead and say that i am a firm Darkcoin enthusiast (maybe even believer) because of the way that i've seen the developers handle everything thus far. Kudos for them all the way!

I believe both of these coins have very good fundamentals and are serious contendors of having large marketcaps in the future.

However, I believe that currently the idea of CLOAK on OneMarket is superior to that what we are going to be implementing here (OpenBazaar).
Because the way I see it, OpenBazaar uses some form of central marketplace, whereas Onemarket is a decentralised marketplace.

Is there anyone who can explain me why OpenBazaar should/would be superior to an implementation like OneMarket, or why we choose to not try and implement something similar like them here?

Not trying to spread FUD here, i genuinely want DRK to succeed! Am just trying to get a more firm understanding of the market.

Dark on

My firm belief is that a currency has no place in being directly linked to any consumer market place.  i dont thing its a good idea...for either cloak and dark.  I understand in the case of cloak is they are trying to in essence trying to buy uses for their coin.   but this is very very narrow minded.  Dark is a currency,  ecash... and similar to fiat cash... shouldn't be integrated into "a particular market".   that would  be a third party application development and not a coin dev development.  its like your trying to buy relevancy... imho

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:57:14 PM

Thanks for the info.

You can easily jump in here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/service-masternode-shares-with-automated-payouts-47-nodes-running.1425/
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:00:13 PM

Guys,

I have a question.

Dark on

My firm belief is that a currency has no place in being directly linked to any consumer market place.  i dont thing its a good idea...for either cloak and dark.  I understand in the case of cloak is they are trying to in essence to buy uses to use their coin.   but this is very very narrow minded.  Dark is a currency,  ecash... and similar to fiat cash... shouldn't be integrated into "a particular market".   that would  be a third party application development and not a coin dev development.  its like your trying to buy relevancy... imho

You're belief's are correct.  The currency and the market must stay completely separate for reasons too numerous to mention...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:01:35 PM

Hello Everyone,

-Evan
Goodmorning Evan and thanks for the update.   keep us posted. Ill now download RC4 and give it a whirl.  Cheers

Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

Could you quantify how you will be able to tell when these 'weak hands' are gone? If you ask me, this is the first time in months that there doesn't seem to be a concern over DRK's new lower-low price this morning. That's a pretty good sign of weak hands being gone, IMO.
Disclaimer: I have a sell-all DRK stop-limit at .00550 which I really would rather not see hit, so I may be biased to see DRK's price take off now rather than drop and trigger that stop (so ironically enough I might be a 'weak hand').
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:05:00 PM

From what I read, I thought openbazaar was supposed to be decentralized? Either way, I think it's more of a liability to have a market integrated directly into a currency's client. An anonymous currency on its own cannot be held responsible for illegal activity that involves its use. Couldn't say the same if people started listing drugs on the integrated market.

This.

Let the coin devs work on the coin. Markets should remain strictly 3rd party.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:09:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

-Evan

conclusion : when running larger than normal wallets (assuming Evan means any wallet above 1K drk ? or maybe higher then 800 drk ?) set your "Amount to anonymize" lower then yr total balance so it can reach the amount to anonymize and then start more rounds.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:09:45 PM

and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

Could you quantify how you will be able to tell when these 'weak hands' are gone? If you ask me, this is the first time in months that there doesn't seem to be a concern over DRK's new lower-low price this morning. That's a pretty good sign of weak hands being gone, IMO.
Disclaimer: I have a sell-all DRK stop-limit at .00550 which I really would rather not see hit, so I may be biased to see DRK's price take off now rather than drop any more (so ironically enough I might be a 'weak hand').
JL
Hi JL... i have to assume its frustrating for the dev team to see the horse shit on this thread at times.   We all need to remember,  like us they have alot at stake. i for  one don't  think that your stop order is a show of a weak hand... your an investor and you have your legitimate investment  goals and have a risk management strategy.  That show intelligence. We all here have our own goals and objectives... that is our right.   Cheers  

kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:18:03 PM

Guys,

I have a question.

Dark on

My firm belief is that a currency has no place in being directly linked to any consumer market place.  i dont thing its a good idea...for either cloak and dark.  I understand in the case of cloak is they are trying to in essence to buy uses to use their coin.   but this is very very narrow minded.  Dark is a currency,  ecash... and similar to fiat cash... shouldn't be integrated into "a particular market".   that would  be a third party application development and not a coin dev development.  its like your trying to buy relevancy... imho

You're belief's are correct.  The currency and the market must stay completely separate for reasons too numerous to mention...

But their 'bought' marketplace is essentially integrated in the blockchain, no?
that doesn't mean that other markets won't accept it, it's just an extra feature of the coin i guess.

I think it would just give the adoption a boost, since all holders and believers of the coin will start using this decentralised marketplace to sell their goods/services or whatever for their preferred coin.

could you give me some of those reasons why currency and market have to be completely separated?
I would find it hard to believe that the creator of the currency and of the decentralised marketplace could be held responsible if illegal goods would be sold/bought there.

Dark on
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:18:11 PM

lets speculate about this :

''and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan''

i'm thinking master nodes related cool stuff ... what are your thoughts guys ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:19:32 PM

From what I read, I thought openbazaar was supposed to be decentralized? Either way, I think it's more of a liability to have a market integrated directly into a currency's client. An anonymous currency on its own cannot be held responsible for illegal activity that involves its use. Couldn't say the same if people started listing drugs on the integrated market.

This.

Let the coin devs work on the coin. Markets should remain strictly 3rd party.
+1

Having said that, I still think providing some sort of 'Masternode API' to allow people to more easily utilise the MN infrastrucure is a good idea, but that could take any number of forms and it depends what Evan has up his sleeves.
Pages: « 1 ... 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 [2656] 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: