Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 [2851] 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722494 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:53:33 AM

The current price is of little relevance. I believe the current low price reflects some lingering uncertainty. If Evan presents solid, working solutions the price will go up again. Time is of the essence, however. For Darkcoin to be the #1 privacy centric currency, we have to be running at 100% (enforced, provably random masternode payments, no bugs, user friendly DS+) prior to Monero achieving their own version of user friendliness. It seems that the Monero GUI won't be here for at least a month, so there is still time for either coin to succeed. Alternatively, both coins could find some measure of success.

Jesus Christ it takes a day, tops. I completely redid my CCMF Multisig demo today in my lunchbreak.

That's one sexy interface.  You're a lunch hour legend! Undecided

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:59:50 AM

That's one sexy interface.  You're a lunch hour legend! Undecided

More than XMR has achieved in six months.  Grin
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:03:41 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 05:17:21 AM by Ignition75

That's one sexy interface.  You're a lunch hour legend! Undecided

More than XMR has achieved in six months.  Grin

Don't even think about asking the XMR folk about a GUI wallet, you get 1 of 2 answers:

1) If you're too stupid to use a command line interface you shouldn't be holding XMR.
2) Bitcoin didn't have a GUI wallet when it first came out.

No shit, it may have changed now but that's what I used to get whenever I asked the question.

(I confess, we were winding the pump teams up, but that's the answers we got  Wink)

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:31:29 AM

Don't even think about asking the XMR folk about a GUI wallet, you get 1 of 2 answers:

1) If you're too stupid to use a command line interface you shouldn't be holding XMR.

No shit, it may have changed now but that's what I used to get whenever I asked the question.

(I confess, we were winding the pump teams up, but that's the answers we got  Wink)

Bitcoin had a couple of years to succeed while it had no competition - sexy gui increases your chance to succeed whether you like it or not.
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:57:49 AM

You cry like little bitches, because you don't have any BTC to buy more DRK .   Cheesy
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:52:04 AM

I hold some, but I just found this a little worrying

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8604125#msg8604125

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Anyway, DRK has had it fair share of FUD and trolls....so lets hope they can workout any issues.

Sorry for going off topic.

=>

From the link above:

By the 14th of May, we were 45% of the total hashing power on the coin.  Things started to get a little exciting:

I think i should make almost 6 btc in the last 24hr... will send you 3 if i manage to sell all the MRO.

$1500 per day was starting to seem like a very interesting ROI.  I gave up on sleep for a while, and begged my family for permission to continue the project for a few hours per day while we were on vacation.  Permission granted.  I decided we'd made the right decision when on May 21st, we each netted 13 BTC (about $6500 USD), and 17BTC the next day.  I think we exceeded 60% of the net hash of the coin at a few points.  That's enough to play nasty games, but we weren't interested in that (and doing so would have required me to understand the rest of the code much more deeply than I had), so we just sold as fast as we could mine.

So... the entire instamine of DRK was ~40-50 BTC in worth and these guys were mining hundreds of BTCs for Monero with 100x miners due to deliberately crippled / deliberately inefficient algorithm for public XMR miners... and DRK is the scam. Lol.

As for the gui, it's not the gui their problem. They'll rip it off from some other CN coin or something, or outsource it. It's the bloat and transaction difficulty that makes it highly problematic. I saw the other day BBR was spiking in Bittrex and people couldn't even move money from Poloniex to Bittrex directly to profit from 2x arbitrage - they had to go through their wallets, and people were afraid of losing coins by moving them off the exchange. The use of CN coins is extremely speculative due to the usability limitations and a different protocol than BTC, which requires a lot of work to make it work for payments etc - even for exchanges.

DRK is saying "bring on wide adoption", CN coins can't say that because they aren't usable or scalable. However DRK needs a good "rival" to stay honest in terms of preserving its competitive advantage so it's in DRK's best interest to assume CN coins have solvable problems and they'll be at 100% sometime soon (even if that's unlikely to happen due to design limitations of ring sigs and consequent unscalable bloat).
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

If we want fresh money and mass adoption, we need to define and create our own DarkCard system - anonymous debit card system based on our MasterNet - MN network. Every DarkCard can contain your privatekey, and your PIN will be your wallet password. Imagine thousands and thousands DarkCard POS terminals (with their own privkeys) in every store, every gas station.. where you can spend your Darkcoins anonymously. And every POS terminal will be connected to the powerful MasterNet which stores the blockchain and provides the fast anonymous transactions..  Cool
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

The lower the price, the better the gain prospect. That's how it goes. When the price was high, haters were bitching on how it is so overpriced and pumped and that's why they wouldn't buy. When the price is low "it doesn't have a future"... When the price was ultra-low (0.001x), people were criticizing "price stability" and claiming it was a reason to dump, lol.

So whether you are going up, down or sideways there's always someone to say something.

As for the price of Monero vs DRK, from the perspective of DRK, it is in DRK's best interest for Monero's price to be as high as possible so that Monero investors are sucked dry of their BTCs / USDs and when they are dried up they'll have nothing more to throw at it and it'll all crumble due to inflation.

Monero is a highly inflationary coin so high unit price + high inflation = epic BTC drain just to sustain price. This is also the reason of why there is small potential of explosive growth (as this would require tremendous funds to be kept at a sustainable level every day). Some Monero investors understand it and want to avoid a higher price. Some don't. It's as simple as that.

LoL that is so true, people will complain regardless of what the price is.

Scamero just feels waaay too overdone, even if you don't look at the bloatware or ridiculous inflation, there are just too many shills and pump threads around for it to be genuine...

I think the team that took over are genuine. I just think it has some issues. Maybe they can be worked out, who knows.

I hold some, but I just found this a little worrying

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8604125#msg8604125

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Anyway, DRK has had it fair share of FUD and trolls....so lets hope they can workout any issues.

Sorry for going off topic.

When it first came out on Polo and the TrollBox was inundated with XMR shills to a level I had never seen before, a few people who resisted the jihad calmly pointed out how much it was getting slammed by massive cpu farms.

Of course there is room for more than 1 anon currency in the market, XMR are just feeling the pinch of hiring too many shills, the community pushes back when they are being force fed too much bullshit.

Monero shills are way too agressive and inadequate in their cheerleading attempts. The way I see it, 2-3 months from now this coin is gonna be the mater of the past for two simple reasons: failed marketing and incompetent devs team.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:13:17 AM

Monero shills are way too agressive and inadequate in their cheerleading attempts. The way I see it, 2-3 months from now this coin is gonna be the mater of the past for two simple reasons: failed marketing and incompetent devs team.

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

TheTruth4

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

Bitcoin had a couple of years to succeed while it had no competition - sexy gui increases your chance to succeed whether you like it or not.

I've heard that it is a part of Monero's wider strategy to lauch GUI wallet along with the all-out marketing campaign. They are looking to increase their user base by launching a GUI but it's not going to work. Unlike the original cryptonote developers, these shnooks don't even know how their code works. Besides, the rotten smear campaigns that Monero shills seem to be so versed in are not getiing the desired effect. Monero is no competition for DRK by any standart.  
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

That's funny because they all worship this guy rpietila who happens to be the biggest bagholder and the one who finances the Monero devs team. If it's not an example of the 'whales running the show' I don't know what is.  Wink
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:03:10 AM

That's funny because they all worship this guy rpietila who happens to be the biggest bagholder and the one who finances the Monero devs team. If it's not an example of the 'whales running the show' I don't know what is.  Wink

Because profits are so low at the moment, everyone is sticking to pumps like moths to a flame, it's getting more and more desperate too...

What's upsetting me lately, is people don't even care about crypto in general anymore, they don't care if it's a scamcoin either, "as long as it gets pumped I'm happy" is an attitude I'm hearing more and more now a days.

Whales are even more powerful then they have ever been.

But what puts the icing on the cake for me, is the "Why are you mining Dark?  There's no profits, you should be mining (insert instamine shitcoin scam name here)..."

Um... Hello?  I can see past my own nose when it comes to the value of a coin...  Roll Eyes

safepalm

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:34:36 AM

I was looking at the status of my masternodes when I saw this strange thing at https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

Version   Number   Percent
0.9.12.32   1   0.12%
0.10.11.5   1   0.12%

How can there be active masternodes on the stable version and old RC3 version?

I am missing something?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:52:16 AM

No, you're not missing something.  It has been logged as an issue on Jira and the dev team are looking into it.

There are a few theories but nothing concrete yet.

Weird! 
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

Theoretic question:

If someone has access to someone else's MN server that is not secured, could he change the receiving address without the owner noticing?
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

I was holding quite a bit of monero, and the guy mr monero disgusted me so much it began the train of thought that led to me selling.

edit: ignition is cool though. i still have a pic of his farm saved on my comp, show it to friends who dont know about crypto
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:11:46 AM

Theoretic question:

If someone has access to someone else's MN server that is not secured, could he change the receiving address without the owner noticing?

No, the receiving address is defined by the 1000 DRK vin which is not stored on the MN. If the attacker wants to change the receiving address he needs 1000 DRK on his own.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:27:28 AM

There was one, at launch, he went by the name of MrMonero, he gave a "Take back Crypto from the whales speech" that was rather good.  I said to myself if I'm ever a whale one day looking to manipulate the market I want that guy on my team  Cheesy

I was holding quite a bit of monero, and the guy mr monero disgusted me so much it began the train of thought that led to me selling.

edit: ignition is cool though. i still have a pic of his farm saved on my comp, show it to friends who dont know about crypto

LoL!

I had the biggest fight with him, it lasted for hours... I left soon after that and switched to MP...

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:05:53 AM

Re: Branding of DarkTor and usage of Darkcoin (bumped)

****************OPEN LETTER TO DARKCOIN COMMUNITY: PLEASE READ***********************

Intro:

Picture USDLand. How about EURMart. Oh, maybe JPY Motors?

If these company names seem silly to you, it's because they should.

I've been thinking long and hard about this issue, and agree with the posters who have a problem with Darkcoin (DRK) being lumped in
with a business venture, albeit one with massive potential such as the Masternode Network (MasterNet).

Before we proceed with development, it is imperative that we agree to seperate the two permanently.

DARKCOIN - (DRK, .DRK)

I have seen some posters refer to .DRK for some uses such as e-mail, poker sites, or de-centralized exchanges. In my view, this
is a mistake. We do not want new customers (if TOR is any indication, they could number in the millions) to have the first thing they
see for these services to be Darkcoin.

New Custome (NC)r: Hey, I heard that there is a new network that is better than TOR in every way, it's called DRKNET.
Dark Community Member (DCM): Ya, it's great, and it's powered by a fully anonymous digital currency called Darkcoin!
NC: So I need to get Darkcoins, to use this service?
DCM: Ya, it doesn't accept anything else.

The new customer gets the impression that this is the only use for these coins, which may not be true, and he will learn later that
he can use them in other places, but first impressions are strong, and he may use Bitcoin for other transactions.

Conclusion: We MUST not use .DRK (Darkcoin) or anything related to Darkcoin in promoting the Masternode Network (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

THE MASTERNODE NETWORK (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

This is where we need to concentrate our efforts to separate Darkcoin the currency from the Masternode Network.

PokerStars.MN, Webmail.MN, DRKBTC.MN, etc....

Make no mention of Darkcoin at all until the customer decides to try the product.

NC: Hey, I just heard of this great network that is better than TOR in everyway, it's called MasterNet.
DCM: Yeah, buddy, they are offering a free trial to get you started, but after that, you better stock up on Darkcoins, because that is
the only currency they accept!
NC: Really? What are Darkcoins?
DCM: I'm glad you asked! Darkcoins are a fully anonymous digital currency which are accepted worldwide at many locations online and in person,
and are the currency of choice for MasterNet. If you want to use MasterNet, you better create a Darkcoin wallet!
NC: Thanks! *Downloads wallet, thinks of all the places he will spend his coins*

Option 2 is clearly better than Option 1. Eliminate DRK completely from the business aspect of the project.

.DRK (No thanks)
.MN (Now you are talking)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, a lot of thought went into it, and please bump if you like it.

Tao

Grin  Grin  Grin
bump
Bitsms

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know you can pay with Darkcoin at http://www.bitsms.eu.

We also accept Bitcoin and Guldencoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 [2851] 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: