Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins : Is it worth investing at this late stage?  (Read 1956 times)
pharrisee

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:16:02 AM

I'd say that this is still the goldrush stage of bitcoin and other alt-coins.

Invest a small amount now and see how that works out for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rparad

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:27:09 AM

It is very complicated. Nobody knows big players of bitcoin. Who owns big sums of bitcoin. So they can manipulate the price of bitcoin. So at this moment there is no certainty in price stability. Nobody knows  Satoshi Nakamoto. It is all like big ponzi-scheme.
But  the idea of bitcoin is great. Any community could make it is own currency and be independent of government crooks. At this moment the best rational thing to do is to provide services in bitcoin to make this experiment in real life. So i think that before invest in bitcoin you should research all materials about bitcoin. Invest only things you understand and you have real idea why price will go your direction.
rajc

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:43:17 AM

I think there is small chance of bitcoin (or other community based cryptocurency) replace USD or EURO. If that would be even close to reality, government will ban use of such cryptocurrency (because that would mean that rich guys will not be so rich anymore... no more (practically) free money from central bank to banks ...)

But short term, investing in btc will be profitable. Alt-coins can be even more profitable.
I myself have investmenst in btc, ltc, ppc, mnc, xpm, ftc, nvc, nxt Cheesy
NXT has probably biggest future - 100% POS so no mining → nearly no energy needed to run network.

But you should definitely do your research before investing (especially for alt-coins).   
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:31:47 AM

I have been having a chat with my Dad about whether it is worth investing in five or ten bitcoins in the hope that their value may go even higher in the next 2 years. Can you guys give a quick opinion about where you see the value of Bitcoins in 2 years from now. Have they reached their peak or is there still a long way up from here? Your opinions would be appreciated.

We are in the middle of 2nd 'Reward Era.'(https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_Currency_Supply) Considering there are 34 Reward Eras scheduled and each era is about four years, we are still at early stage of bitcoin phenomenon. Of course, big question is 'Can bitcoin endure next 130 years?'
And that's where investment comes into play. You will be rewarded by taking calculated risks.

According to Bobby Lee, CEO of BTC China (exchange), each bitcoin could be worth $400,000USD. (not sure how long this will take, though) Of course this is only his estimate if bitcoin is treated as gold.

My unfound, baseless speculation is that each bitcoin could be worth more than $1,000,000USD if you look into next 50 years or later. Bitcoin is designed to deflate in value over time. There will be occasional bubbles and bursts, but the value of bitcoin will keep raising. That is, of course, in a big assumption that bitcoin will thrive, and used by everyone in coming years.

Do not take my word, don't listen to anyone else in this forum. Do your own study and research and decide yourself.

Watch this seminar, don't take 100% of what they are saying, but it has good information.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piasa1WgHjA
lawrence18uk

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:18:29 PM

I have my own question pertaining to this - a block is created every 10 minutes with a reward of 25BTC, so that makes 3,600 BTC every 24hrs. That to me indicates that punters are injecting 3,600 x ~$800 dollars (or CNY, JPY EUR equivalant) = ~ $3m daily into the BTC exchange network every day - by miners selling their newly-minted BTC. For BTC to maintain its price, there has to be that level of investment every day (until the block reward halves again in April 2017). Unless, of course, miners start buying real stuff with their BTC. Either way, I don't see how we can be sure that this level of investment will necessarily keep going (of course, it might go up, but every time it goes up, it requires more every day to keep it going at that level.)  Suppose the price rose to $10,000. Then that would need $36m daily investment. Unless the miners are actually only selling a fraction of their mined coins. But then they wouldn't be able to cash in on their spare coins without significantly depressing the price... Had Bitcoin "taken off" later on in the supply process, say when block reward was 6.25 or 3.125BTC the amount of fiat support needed would have been less.  Has it therefore "grown too quickly"?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:18:59 PM

Yes! To the moon and HODL baby!
tompa555

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:20:25 PM

some people predict that bitcoin at the end of 2015 will be wort around 10 000 $. maybe is that unrealistic but i belive it will rise more in value. today it's worth ~810 $ , it's max was at 1200 $ i think. his popularity is still rising so i belive he will rise to. 

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
torezo

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

Ofcourse, its like a lotto. You can be rich or you can loose all, but do you got the balls to take the risk?
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

probably yes but we can never know for sure, it all depends on one thing, how big the demand will be Wink

thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

It's never late

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:30:07 PM

I have been having a chat with my Dad about whether it is worth investing in five or ten bitcoins in the hope that their value may go even higher in the next 2 years. Can you guys give a quick opinion about where you see the value of Bitcoins in 2 years from now. Have they reached their peak or is there still a long way up from here? Your opinions would be appreciated.

I do believe that bitcoin has a bright future and the price will further go up a lot, as more and more merchants (especially those big ones like Overstock and Tigerdirect) are accepting bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: