Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] 2.1 MH/s Scrypt Miner | 7 Day Lease  (Read 1690 times)
LDR

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:10:32 PM

I have not heard anything from the OP and have not started hashing even though it was supposed to start 2 hours ago. This was probably a scam.

You didn't use escrow?

I didn't even send any BTC. He hasn't responded period since the auction ended. He made that post above about the auction ending and how he would message the winner. He never messaged me, an hour later at midnight EST, I messaged him asking what the deal is. He hasn't responded and his account hasn't been signed into since.

I was planning on using escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Suomynona (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:30:07 PM

I'm currently working things out with jakedeez.  It seems his bid of 0.2 was correct, he is the winner.  Also, I contacted him, and he was late, so we're waiting on him for the lease to start.

Just also wanted everyone to know escrow is no problem for me, you should always expect to use escrow, and I know it should be required for me since I'm a new user.

Unfortunately, LDR has lost.  Even though his bid was the last bid before the auction ended, it wasn't the highest.
LDR

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:39:41 AM

There was clearly a misunderstanding about jakedeez's bid, people assumed he meant 0.02 and kept bidding when it fact I guess he really did bid 0.2. This lead to 6 of 8 bids being incorrect including my bid. I was wrong and did not win.

I apologize to Suomynona who has pulled through and handled this situation well.

jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:54:11 AM

Yeah - I totally fucked up this one, for sure I meant to bid .02 - however, I made the error, so I will pay it. 

Taking responsibility for my fuck up.  Coins sent.

It would be super cool if I were offered a bit more time hashing since I did make the mistake and massivly overpay... that being said, again, it was my fuck up, so I guess if dude doesn't want to hook me up with some extra benefits, I'll have to take it as a lesson to be more careful with what I am doing.

Jake
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

I am trying to get in touch with the seller - I paid, and I asked him to mine coye at first.  I have however since pm'd him and asked him to switch to LTC in my pool... Haven't heard back... that said he hasn't logged on in a few days so hopefully he is just busy.
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

I am trying to get in touch with the seller - I paid, and I asked him to mine coye at first.  I have however since pm'd him and asked him to switch to LTC in my pool... Haven't heard back... that said he hasn't logged on in a few days so hopefully he is just busy.

Starting to think I got scammed yet again.  This time for a lot more then I meant to spend, but at least it was just 0.2 btc.  Actually meant to bid .02 so I am a double idiot here. 

Anyway, the guy hasn't logged on in days so I really am starting to think I got screwed.  No more sending first for me, period.

Oh well.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:00:14 PM

Starting to think I got scammed yet again.  This time for a lot more then I meant to spend, but at least it was just 0.2 btc.  Actually meant to bid .02 so I am a double idiot here. 

Anyway, the guy hasn't logged on in days so I really am starting to think I got screwed.  No more sending first for me, period.

Oh well.

To clarify, are you receiving hashpower to a pool or nothing at all?

jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:10:44 PM

Oh well.

Nothing at all.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:08:34 PM

Oh well.

Nothing at all.

This kind of thing happens a lot, especially when new people join and want to be part of bitcoin mining. There are so many warnings people just simply ignore. Use escrow, don't trust blindly. I could go on, but please *think* before sending your *money* to strangers.

donations not accepted
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:59:24 AM

Oh well.

Nothing at all.

This kind of thing happens a lot, especially when new people join and want to be part of bitcoin mining. There are so many warnings people just simply ignore. Use escrow, don't trust blindly. I could go on, but please *think* before sending your *money* to strangers.

I know, it was a scam, the guy respoeded and actually told me he was scamming me and that he was doing it to teach me a lesson about being more careful.

.2 btc - I don't really care, karma is going to catch up with this guy because he is a bad person.  I'm not pursuing it because I just don't care taht much and I am busy pursuing a bigger scammer.
Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 04:35:19 AM

Oh well.

Nothing at all.

I know, it was a scam, the guy respoeded and actually told me he was scamming me and that he was doing it to teach me a lesson about being more careful.

.2 btc - I don't really care, karma is going to catch up with this guy because he is a bad person.  I'm not pursuing it because I just don't care taht much and I am busy pursuing a bigger scammer.

.2 you dont car about $160 if not i will take .....

but honestly i am getting sick of these scammers makes what should be a simple transaction overally complicated.

next time u need a escrow message me i will do it on the house for u

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: