Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Franko 0.8.5.3 With Kimoto Gravity Well [URGENT UPDATE BEFORE BLOCK 400k]  (Read 9054 times)
Joe4782

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:49:19 PM

bump.

FRd4xNc5Ft5wwDwFp1ME5YYHumvU2rLrNS

thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

gravity well effective in about 375 blocks!
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:01:21 PM

Hey fellow Frankfurters

Yes, my first post.  Newbie alert blah blah blah

I have been creeping through these forums for close to 4 months now, been looking at idiotic comments, rummaging through the crap, and finally found my needle in the haystack.  I had to create an account to compliment this coin.  Even if you look back at the original launch thread, the first 10-15 pages are filled with people saying "oh nos scam coin" or "23 MB wallet LOL" but most of all, the Franko has stood through the test of time.  I can't be too skeptical of those nay-sayers though because I've read through alot of butt-hurt on these forums so can't blame them too much.

defaced, you have been an overwhelmingly supportive dev with lots of additions and quick responses. (Franko for Steam?!?!  HOW AWESOME IS THAT!)  If I've noticed anything regarding alt-coins, too often the devs release and think their job is done.  They tend to forget they must grow and mature the coin.  I've only mined coins where the dev works with the community and doesn't fight against every accusation.  You let your coin do the talking for you, as it should be. 

You are the chocolate among too many "flavors of the week"

Kudos and a great job. Wish you a bright future.

B

aidar1975

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

bump.

FC9PQL81T41iTNa1qCC4k2VGvgQW7zDkxG

thanks. Wink
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:34:49 AM

Gravity well a success:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435726.msg4787349#msg4787349
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:50:05 PM

anyone else stuck on 46hours block 400313   Cry

F9uy9c7nY1V9mS3paw37FedFbSTMXTowd1 i love franko  Cheesy

edit : dont worry its syncing now.  Wink

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:37:40 PM

anyone else stuck on 46hours block 400313   Cry

F9uy9c7nY1V9mS3paw37FedFbSTMXTowd1 i love franko  Cheesy

edit : dont worry its syncing now.  Wink

good to see its fixed

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
skid

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:53:32 AM

I have v0.8.5.3-gf72f452-beta client for mac and got stuck on block 417864. What I'm doing wrong?
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:32:45 PM

I have v0.8.5.3-gf72f452-beta client for mac and got stuck on block 417864. What I'm doing wrong?

still stuck?

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
skid

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:46:54 PM

still stuck?

yep. For 25 hours. With 3-8 active connections.
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

Could anyone tell me what theme was used for franko website?
indiamikezulu2

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:25:20 AM

Open Letter to Franko-Coiners: What's the Story, Guys??

What's going on?

Firstly, thanks to Spiry Golden, the only person (and Snail) who has tried to help.

Do you think the Crypto Town Project is a scam? But I pm-ed two senior community members, asking them to weigh in with the Denmark community -- no reply.

I emailed Catherine Glover, asking about Franko's acceptance at B.C. C. o. C. No reply. You have been called liars to your face over this gig. I undertook to do my homework. Doesn't look good!

Then I offered to provide some 'back-up' to the Oyster Shindig -- no reply.

Why has no one commented on the list of exchanges? I can't find Frankos on pmtocoins. The volume on several of the other exchanges is so low that there is no point in even having listings on them. It is certainly disingenous to make a fuss about 'More Listings!!'

I paid Frankos to three people on the Franko in Your Signature thread just because it's low rent to have squabbles as half of the activity on your threads.

And why isn't the community congregated at one place or another. I've spent three weeks moving from Reddit Franko to Franko.org Franko Collective to one thread at Bitcointalk to another thread at Bitcointalk to yet another thread at Bitcointalk. The 'front-of-house' dates on these threads are months old, so people have to HUNT to find the unprofessionally scrappy communications.

And, this morning, I find that the coin has plummeted in value without that raising any discussion in the community.

Franko is a fine little coin -- but get your act together, people!!

IndiaMikeZulu must go to bat for Franko with the Influential People of Denmark next week, but we not only can't get coin, we can't make contact with the community to discuss the problem.

If we start buying coin at far above the market price, the market price will rise. IndiaMikeZulu holds a Grand Total of 138 Frankos, bought in a single package on Cryptsy a couple of weeks ago. So, we'll end up losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying coin to sell to others at a break-even price in order to develop a coin that we don't have holdings of, the community of which is just sitting in the shadows getting rich. And we'll invest hundreds and hundreds of dollars and hours for the privilege of losing that money??

Gee . . . we're not gonna do that.

Mark Blair, Unicup, Western Australia

P.s.: No comma in 'Fortune favours the brave.' No comma in 'Accepted by more merchants.'
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:33:27 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 05:59:07 AM by PoolMinor

Open Letter to Franko-Coiners: What's the Story, Guys??

What's going on?

Firstly, thanks to Spiry Golden, the only person (and Snail) who has tried to help.

Do you think the Crypto Town Project is a scam? But I pm-ed two senior community members, asking them to weigh in with the Denmark community -- no reply.

I emailed Catherine Glover, asking about Franko's acceptance at B.C. C. o. C. No reply. You have been called liars to your face over this gig. I undertook to do my homework. Doesn't look good!

Then I offered to provide some 'back-up' to the Oyster Shindig -- no reply.

Why has no one commented on the list of exchanges? I can't find Frankos on pmtocoins. The volume on several of the other exchanges is so low that there is no point in even having listings on them. It is certainly disingenous to make a fuss about 'More Listings!!'

I paid Frankos to three people on the Franko in Your Signature thread just because it's low rent to have squabbles as half of the activity on your threads.

And why isn't the community congregated at one place or another. I've spent three weeks moving from Reddit Franko to Franko.org Franko Collective to one thread at Bitcointalk to another thread at Bitcointalk to yet another thread at Bitcointalk. The 'front-of-house' dates on these threads are months old, so people have to HUNT to find the unprofessionally scrappy communications.

And, this morning, I find that the coin has plummeted in value without that raising any discussion in the community.

Franko is a fine little coin -- but get your act together, people!!

IndiaMikeZulu must go to bat for Franko with the Influential People of Denmark next week, but we not only can't get coin, we can't make contact with the community to discuss the problem.

If we start buying coin at far above the market price, the market price will rise. IndiaMikeZulu holds a Grand Total of 138 Frankos, bought in a single package on Cryptsy a couple of weeks ago. So, we'll end up losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying coin to sell to others at a break-even price in order to develop a coin that we don't have holdings of, the community of which is just sitting in the shadows getting rich. And we'll invest hundreds and hundreds of dollars and hours for the privilege of losing that money??

Gee . . . we're not gonna do that.

Mark Blair, Unicup, Western Australia

P.s.: No comma in 'Fortune favours the brave.' No comma in 'Accepted by more merchants.'

There seems to be more chatter via IRC at @freenode #franko . Thanks for the tip on the grammar mistake.

http://www.wbcchamber.com/search?query=Franko
Also found here scroll down the list to see Christopher Franko, Franko Digital Currency.

As far as a break even price, I am sure I don't need to explain the price average when buying coins at a lower price than initially to lower you original buy price. If you notice many, many, many "stable" coins have lost value, not necessarily at the same ratio.

I agree more communication, more buy support, more exchange listings. The problem is also systemic to the BTC market, with the major FUD that is happening on the other side of this forum (BTC Forum) and in mainstream media, alts are likely to continue downward in price. As BTC price declines the hodlers tend to sell their reserves of alt-coins to panic sell their BTC.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
indiamikezulu2

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Better communication.
More 'buy support.'
But no more listings. For the minute.

Mark
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:55:57 PM

Open letter means open response?
Please allow me to help others understand, my involvement with this coin is strictly as a holder and miner, I am not part of the collective(no time at present). Therefore any of my posts dealing with FRK are of my own opinion, and do not necessarily represent the views of the developers or collective.

Thanks,
-PoolMinor

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: