Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs coins ASAP [WTB]  (Read 1012 times)
champbronc2 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:07:50 AM

Hi everyone,

I shall first introduce myself I suppose. I am champbronc2, based in the United States. Glad to be a part of this forum, seems quite active.

I have a verified PayPal, US cell #, personal checkings debit card, business checkings debit card and an eBay with 100+ feedback.

I am looking to buy 3-4 bitcoins at market price. If anyone is interested, please PM me or post.

If this is against forum rules (which are to use best judgement), then please, close the thread.. I just can't really wait to get out of the newbie forum. I need BC now..

So, 3-4 bitcoins at market price. Yes, I want to use the DREADED payment method, PAYPAL. I can also use Google checkout or whatever..

What makes me different though is I will do whatever to verify my identity and make you feel safe about the transaction. Facebook, cell phone call, w/e. As long as it is fast Wink

Thanks!

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:21:52 AM

Few, if any, will trust someone new to bitcoin unless you have an existing or past successful relationship with them, especially when using a reversable transaction method such as paypal or any credit means.

This is how I buy bitcoins and it works flawlessly every time:
  • Open an account at http://www.dwolla.com/
  • Associate your bank account to Dwolla.
  • Transfer the amount of dollars you wish to spend on bitcoin from your bank account to Dwolla  (Dwolla does this for you after you associate).
  • Then go to http://www.mtgox.com/ and open an account.
  • Wait for the funds to become available in your Dwolla account from your transfer, then transfer your cash from Dwolla to MtGox account.
  • Then purchase the bitcoins at mtgox. You can spend from mtgox e-wallet or transfer them to your client wallet on your computer and spend from there.

It usually takes me 3 days from bank to dwolla transfer. The rest is pretty fast.

Planning your purchases helps the wait time (mentally).

Yes, it seems a weird way to do it, however once you "get used to it", its very easy, safe, and secure in my opinion as Dwolla and MtGox are quite reputable businesses, although both have their detractors.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
champbronc2 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:29:17 AM

Ahh, I can't wait three days. That is the problem.

I'm sure SOMEONE out there will make an exception since I can provide all kinds of proof and personal information.

The exchangebitcoins.com seems maybe fastest in my opinion but I hate all these crazy services. No idea how to buy and sell based on bids, etc.

Just need it quick and fast.

Thanks for your kind reply regardless though.

Edit: If someone can just give me the time of day to prove I am legitimate and give you assurance, it'd be much appreciated. In most cases, yes, sending money PayPal (reversible) for BTC (non-reversible) is a bad idea. But there are the few % of users who are legitimate (such as myself)

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 03:00:13 AM

0. Get bitcoin address
1. Find someone locally
2. Contact that someone (phone, skype, google talk, etc)
3. Hand them cash money
4. Receive BTC
champbronc2 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:07:52 AM

Wow.. to my surprise I actually found some people who are local.

Thanks for that! Will try it.

Still looking for some BC until further notice though.

Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:45:55 AM

The exchangebitcoins.com seems maybe fastest in my opinion but I hate all these crazy services. No idea how to buy and sell based on bids, etc.

It's real easy.  You just click "trade", then under "Buy Bitcoin" tell it how many you want to buy (say 4), and the max price you're willing to pay (for a small order just add $0.50 to the current "ask" price shown on the left).  The market will automatically buy them for the best available price under the "asks" chart.

If it can't be filled immediately (ie, the price went up more than $0.50 while you were filling out the form) your order will stay open until someone offers to sell at your price.  If you don't want to wait, you can cancel the order and then open a new one with a higher max price.

This will usually get you a better deal than buying for cash in person.  If you want I can send you a few bitcents to try trading back and forth.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:04:11 PM

It is not exactly market price, but I think at http://www.btcnow.net/ you can still buy coin using your credit card.
Bitcraft

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:06:56 AM

Why the rush?
champbronc2 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:04:28 PM

It's real easy.  You just click "trade", then under "Buy Bitcoin" tell it how many you want to buy (say 4), and the max price you're willing to pay (for a small order just add $0.50 to the current "ask" price shown on the left).  The market will automatically buy them for the best available price under the "asks" chart.

If it can't be filled immediately (ie, the price went up more than $0.50 while you were filling out the form) your order will stay open until someone offers to sell at your price.  If you don't want to wait, you can cancel the order and then open a new one with a higher max price.

This will usually get you a better deal than buying for cash in person.  If you want I can send you a few bitcents to try trading back and forth.

Very nice of you to offer me some free bitcents, but I'll pass up on the offer Smiley

Thanks for the small info guide though, helps a lot. I will probably get my BTC's this way then. It's not terribly difficult, nor are the fees too bad.

And I was in such a rush because I wanted to buy something with BTC and get it soon because I am moving to a different address this weekend. So now it is too late. I'll just make my purchase next week. I just wanted to make sure I'd be at the address when it arrives. Also I wanted to buy it while the market was low. Thanks again though!

Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 03:25:52 AM

No problem, it's good to hear from someone who's trying to do some real commerce in BTC.  I'm always glad to help. Smiley

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: