Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happnes to BTC,if the oil price goes up?  (Read 2441 times)
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:02:00 AM

The oil price is going up and many people expect it will go above 100 USD per barrel,or even 120 USD per barrel.How this will impact the world economy and the cryptocurrency prices?
I have many own theory about this and I will share it later,but know I'm waiting for other opinions.
Is this good or is it bad for bitcoin?

At this point this is one of the weirdest correlation proposed because i do not see any connections between these to assets.  I am interested to see what theory can explain this connection.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabrizoc

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:49:30 AM

Nothing happen i think. Maybe effects in trading pair between BTC and fiat.
But i think it's will not give big effects because it's not have relations between crypto and oil
between traders crypto and oil traders different space. in the absence of such linkage, then i do not think it affects each other. oil is legal throughout the world, while cryptocurrency has not
This is also a valid point that bitcoin is decentralized and not legal in many countries therefore they will not focus on its price due to changes in the oil prices. Oil prices affect the whole world because it is the demand for all while bitcoin is a business and is owned by some people in the world. Nationally or internationally it is not considered.

ngamuk tok

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:54:55 AM

Given the statistical data for the last few years, I can say that bitcoin and oil are directly proportional to each other. In 2017 fluctuations in the bitcoin rate were parallel to fluctuations in the cost of oil on the world market. But we can not talk about the direct impact of oil price jumps on the bitcoin rate. None of the products traded on the world market directly affects the price of bitcoin. The cost of bitcoin and oil is correlated as in these industries approximately the same investors.
I think it is unlikely that as in these industries approximately the same investors. Some investors on wall street do not consider cryptocurrencies for something worthwhile. Remember even the expression of Warren Buffett about bitcoin. Therefore, it is unlikely that raw materials so affect high-tech development.
I think so, there is no connection between the two, if yesterday the price of oil rose and bitcoin prices also went up. I think it's just a coincidence that is not on purpose.
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

The oil price is going up and many people expect it will go above 100 USD per barrel,or even 120 USD per barrel.How this will impact the world economy and the cryptocurrency prices?
I have many own theory about this and I will share it later,but know I'm waiting for other opinions.
Any process of price increases on consumption or fuel both affects and raises global inflation. If the petrol price increase in the long run without adjustment. Bitcoin and crypto are perhaps the more interesting forms in that case. I personally think the market value will increase in that circumstance.
hygroscopicgymnasium3

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:11:51 AM

There is really no connection between the bitcoins and the oil price. 
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:18:31 AM

Nothing happen i think. Maybe effects in trading pair between BTC and fiat.
But i think it's will not give big effects because it's not have relations between crypto and oil
between traders crypto and oil traders different space. in the absence of such linkage, then i do not think it affects each other. oil is legal throughout the world, while cryptocurrency has not
This is also a valid point that bitcoin is decentralized and not legal in many countries therefore they will not focus on its price due to changes in the oil prices. Oil prices affect the whole world because it is the demand for all while bitcoin is a business and is owned by some people in the world. Nationally or internationally it is not considered.
I think there is no connection between oil prices and the value of the BTC in the cryptocurrency market because it is a separate market and not related to oil. The growth of BTC and cryptocurrency in recent days is due to good information from the market and it has solved the difficult times of investors in the past.

stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:21:09 AM

The price of bitcoin and that of crude oil are not positively correlated. That means there is no relationship, infact, cryptos are not correlated to any other market.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:11:23 AM

I think, bitcoin movement right now like commodities price and oil is one commodities. If oil price rising and reach $100, I think bitcoin price will following rising and hopely able to reach highest price again
knackergays8

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:02:56 PM

The rates of the bitcoins is inversely propitiate to the rates of the stock.
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

NOthing I guess because btc remains on its value which is so volatile. The only thing will be affected by oil price goes up is the fiat money and other commodities that will going to take a rise also in market price as the government will do the regulation on its market price.
Yeah I agree as the bitcoin and oil has no direct effect in their price movement. This are different commodities that traded in different environment.
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:54:59 PM

....!!!!altcoin back up by oil would surely go up and value will increase as well since the business is correlated but for Bitcoin I don't see a direct connection  so in my opinion Bitcoin price is not affected by oil...

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
daringkhan30

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:03:00 PM

the oil-backed cryptocurrency by Venezuela is very important. And it’s why attaching a rumor to Russia makes sense. Who do you think put this idea in President Maduro’s head, anyway? Martians? No, it was Putin.

Because it deepens Russia’s tools to combat U.S. hybrid war tactics, which include financial sanctions. They’ve already announced their plans for a crypto-ruble, as well as supporting cryptocurrency research, massive Bitcoin mining operations, and the possibility of a BRICS-Coin as well.
Skyenet

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:17:58 PM

I'm not an expert basically but it is hard for me to see what way and how it is depending on the price of oil. it is for me similar thing as we read about the dependence of cryptocurrency price to a worldwide soccer Cup I don't think that it is dependent
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

I think bitcoin and oil is different thing on investment , i mean oil and bitcoin move on their way , they dont fight each other and the oil rises will not affect bitcoin  i think
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:29:23 PM

For me it there is not a big connection between those two, it could just interect in some "little" way but biggest changes for me won't come cause of that.

chikendrymak4

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:07:25 AM

Considering the data and the stats the price of bitcoin and oil are connected with each other.
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:00:54 AM

a few months ago after I read the news about the coins associated with regulated currency Olicoin, and the coin was stable. so I think it will not affect the price of cryptocurrency, but most likely it greatly affects the world economy. I want to read a little of the theory you have, it seems interesting.
repzaj

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:32:58 AM

I think it doesn't affect the crypto at all, even if its affect iwill be a little because crypto and oil investment are way to different.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:48:29 AM

I think the international market also influence the bitcoin and crypto while if the big users of bitcoin can use this currency for buying of oil and if the dollar is used for paying the oil then the exchange will changes with oil trade.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
BitcoinMyBlood

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:27:18 AM

NOthing I guess because btc remains on its value which is so volatile. The only thing will be affected by oil price goes up is the fiat money and other commodities that will going to take a rise also in market price as the government will do the regulation on its market price.
I think nothing will happen to bitcoin price because there are many things in the world which do not take affect by oil prices. In general when oil prices increases other commodities also go high but bitcoin is a matter of money and those who what to earn more money will out their money in it without caring for its price. so I think it will remain the same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: