Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness!  (Read 101932 times)
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:46:26 AM

Interested.

Now I am sort of confused, NEX and NEM, which is earlier. When I saw the thread of NEM I'm quite impressed by seeing they pointed out correctly the weakness of Nxt, but now it seems either they copied from here or the other way.

NEXX was first.
NEXX did not pointed out any weakness of Nxt. It is a 100% copy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:46:36 AM

Interested.

Now I am sort of confused, NEX and NEM, which is earlier. When I saw the thread of NEM I'm quite impressed by seeing they pointed out correctly the weakness of Nxt, but now it seems either they copied from here or the other way.

NEX (this thread) was the first publicly declared effort to re-use NXT technology for a fair distribution PoS coin.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:50:28 AM

Interested.

NEXX was first.
NEXX did not pointed out any weakness of Nxt. It is a 100% copy.

No, it's not a 100% copy.  It's more EXTREME!

Also, I'm not stealing other peoples' btc to fund my development fund for my developerless project.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
SyRenity

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:51:20 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 03:05:28 AM by SyRenity

This thread is looking more and more like the NEON thread.  lol

FrictionlessCoin, I see you have stolen 6.97 BTC from people for your development fund for a project that you claim needs no developers.  That's really fair.

Please don't give him any BTC, NXT, etc.  Look up VisaCoin, Shares, NEON, etc.  Please, don't fall for it.

Actually there seem to be is a stable stream of commits since Frictionless posted the de-compiled version to github earlier today, compared to Neon or Visacoin "projects" that didn't feature a single line of code:
https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/NEX/commits/master

Imho, the jury is still out on this one, so I will be watching.
SyRenity

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:53:53 AM

Also, I'm not stealing other peoples' btc to fund my development fund for my developerless project.

You mean the original 21 BTC given by genesis investors, before abruptly breaking the declared IPO deadline to create an artificial NXT shortage?

I would say that with the ~7BTC already contributed, Friction is on 1/3 way there Smiley.
BitzMD

Activity: 421

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:54:04 AM

You have my interest

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

Interested.

NEX (this thread) was the first publicly declared effort to re-use NXT technology for a fair distribution PoS coin.

I checked the timestamp of the first post of them, NEX NEM was 2 hours later, so it seems apparent to me that NEM just copied from NEX.
SyRenity

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:03:14 AM

I checked the timestamp of the first post of them, NEX was 2 hours later, so it seems apparent to me that NEM just copied from NEX.

You probably mean that NEM was 2 hours later:

[ANN] NEX :: descendant of NXT - Imagine Fairness!
January 19, 2014, 01:15:27 AM

[ANN] NEM :: descendant of NXT - 4 billion coins
January 19, 2014, 03:09:00 AM
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:07:20 AM

I checked the timestamp of the first post of them, NEX was 2 hours later, so it seems apparent to me that NEM just copied from NEX.

Yes, you are right and it's a typo. Fixed. Thanks Smiley
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:07:45 AM

Are not they both copied from Nxt?
No need to figure out which one is big brother.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:09:14 AM

I mean who originated those parts pointing out the weakness of Nxt (brain wallet, no checksum in addresses, antiddos, ...).
shirenlihei

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:09:50 AM

all the clones Huh
merockstar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:09:59 AM

I'm confused. How do I go about expressing interest such that I can be in on the opening distribution of this?
Frogcoin

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:14:05 AM

Apparently you just post.

(like this)
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:14:56 AM

I mean who originated those parts pointing out the weakness of Nxt (brain wallet, no checksum in addresses, antiddos, ...).

got it. but it is still not important, right?
Compared to Nxt which is truly innovative, all clones need to has some real improvement to survive. i can't see it, at least now.
funkybunny

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:20:16 AM

Hello much like, and interested from me to you.
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:51:43 AM

You mean the original 21 BTC given by genesis investors, before abruptly breaking the declared IPO deadline to create an artificial NXT shortage?

An artificial Nxt shortage?  What?  BCNext stated that there was going to be 1 billion Nxt regardless of the number of investors.

The original funding period was open for over a month and a half.  That was more than enough time for everyone who wanted to invest to invest.  The only reason he only collected 21 BTC was because there was very little interest.  No matter when the IPO period ends there will always be people who are "left out".  You could conduct the IPO over a period of a thousand years and there would still be people "left out".

I like the comments people make about Nxt holders being greedy.  Really?  BCNext only collected 21 BTC.  That's greedy?  Do you really think he did it for the money?  No.  He did it for the people.

The real greedy ones are the ones who take his work and the work of others and copy it for their own financial gain.  There is no innovation in NEX.  Anyone who knows anything knows NEX is a joke.  The OP has to copy everything from others.  Not only did he have to copy the code but he even had to copy the original post that I wrote.  The only thing he can't copy is the spirit of Nxt.  This will be his downfall.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Nxt isn't just some other cryptocurrency.  We are a movement.  We are a community who help each other out.  We are here to change the world for the better.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:58:52 AM

An artificial Nxt shortage?  What?  BCNext stated that there was going to be 1 billion Nxt regardless of the number of investors.

The original funding period was open for over a month and a half.  That was more than enough time for everyone who wanted to invest to invest.  The only reason he only collected 21 BTC was because there was very little interest.  No matter when the IPO period ends there will always be people who are "left out".  You could conduct the IPO over a period of a thousand years and there would still be people "left out".

I like the comments people make about Nxt holders being greedy.  Really?  BCNext only collected 21 BTC.  That's greedy?  Do you really think he did it for the money?  No.  He did it for the people.

The real greedy ones are the ones who take his work and the work of others and copy it for their own financial gain.  There is no innovation in NEX.  Anyone who knows anything knows NEX is a joke.  The OP has to copy everything from others.  Not only did he have to copy the code but he even had to copy the original post that I wrote.  The only thing he can't copy is the spirit of Nxt.  This will be his downfall.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Nxt isn't just some other cryptocurrency.  We are a movement.  We are a community who help each other out.  We are here to change the world for the better.
For your last sentence, it's better to add 'We are here to help Nxt to have higher price so we can be rich".  No one will blame those who change the world for the better to be rich. Don't be shy to state it clearly. Otherwise, people may think you are not honest enough. Smiley
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:02:09 AM

Open source project has their licenses. If the license does not forbid others to use/alter it for commercial usage, then it is totally fine for others to copy and do some customization. No reason to call others greedy. If NEX really can fix the weakness Nxt have, it helps the community. If they also use the same license, Nxt can copy those fixes back.
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 04:02:22 AM

For your last sentence, it's better to add 'We are here to help Nxt to have higher price so we can be rich".  No one will blame those who change the world for the better to be rich. Don't be shy to state it clearly. Otherwise, people may think you are not honest enough. Smiley

We're on a cryptocurrency forum.  Isn't everyone here to hopefully make money?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: