Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness!  (Read 101932 times)
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Interested in this coin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:17:52 PM

I'm interested!  Smiley

NEX open source from the start. Why would anyone prefer the closed source alternative? (NXT promised the sources for January, they now say April; it will probably never be fully open source. This is too bad for serious money)

Haven't you heard?  Nxt is a proprietary closed source coin disguising itself as 'open source'.

We've already decompiled it and have a running version of it.   One reason it is closed source is because the code is plain horrible.

In fact, the entire experience is horrible.  People can't get their clients to sync,  people lose wallets all the time and it is so common for the files to become corrupted.  I'm not making this up,  just head over to the Nxt threads.

Anyway, that's why the 1:50 Nxt to NEX exchange is reality plain and simple charity.  Same kind of charity we are giving the VisaCoin victims.  Nxt coin holders are actually victims not investors.

Liar. She doesn't even know how to read the codes. Join NEM instead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0. We have a real intention and we don't take your
money and promise bull.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
templebar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Interested!!!
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:23:17 PM

Interested.
How does the zero cost buy in work?
I see the 1:50 trade NXT for NEX, but that is not a zero cost buy in now is it.
There needs to be a way to distribute coins freely and fairly.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:23:53 PM

I'm interested!  Smiley

NEX open source from the start. Why would anyone prefer the closed source alternative? (NXT promised the sources for January, they now say April; it will probably never be fully open source. This is too bad for serious money)

Haven't you heard?  Nxt is a proprietary closed source coin disguising itself as 'open source'.

We've already decompiled it and have a running version of it.   One reason it is closed source is because the code is plain horrible.

In fact, the entire experience is horrible.  People can't get their clients to sync,  people lose wallets all the time and it is so common for the files to become corrupted.  I'm not making this up,  just head over to the Nxt threads.

Anyway, that's why the 1:50 Nxt to NEX exchange is reality plain and simple charity.  Same kind of charity we are giving the VisaCoin victims.  Nxt coin holders are actually victims not investors.

Liar. She doesn't even know how to read the codes. Join NEM instead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0. We have a real intention and we don't take your
money and promise bull.

Joining NEM, a real alternative to Nxt.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

Joining NEM, a real alternative to Nxt.

awesome, thanks for the info (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0)

joined NEM also, looks so much more real (and fair) than the NEX scam

("the litecoin of NXT", cool)
paul.r.k

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:42:48 PM

I am interested!!
In fact I was looking for such a nice fairer alternative to NXT.

BTW, NEM's author is a VERY BIG stake holder in NXT, which makes no difference than original NXT.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

In fact I was looking for such a nice fairer alternative to NXT.

BTW, NEM's author is a VERY BIG stake holder in NXT, which makes no difference than original NXT.

is he?

maybe he's also a big stakeholder in bitcoins, doesn't really matter, does it

(btw. FrictionlessCoin probably sits on half a million premined IXcoins)

NEM seems legit, whereas NEX is based on lies, think about it...
ripplebtc

Activity: 277

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:54:45 PM

Hope you can distribute coins fairly.
nomailing

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

Seeking Additional Java Developers

We have successfully decompiled the Nxt source and are now in the process of performing a massive refactoring and cleanup of the code base.

Short term goals.

Remove the primitive addressing scheme and use a scheme that looks like Bitcoin.  Bitcoin addresses are more readable, have a checksum and have many tools to generate them.  Nxt addresses that are all numerical are something that came out of the 1950's.

Secure Wallet.  Nxt wallet is fundamentally insecure.  Exposing a wallet to the public internet for everyone to hack is just idiotic.   No wonder so many Nxt users have lost money!

What exactly do you mean when you say the Nxt wallet is exposed to the internet?

BM-2D9KqQQ9Fg864YKia8Yz2VTtcUPYFnHVBR
nomailing

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:28:20 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 03:39:27 PM by nomailing

I would propose the following to get a really fair coin distribution for a 100% PoS coin:

Add the bitcoinj library to the NEX code and let it run in SPV mode.
Every NEX node continuously scans the bitcoin blockchain for P2SH transactions that are going to a proof-of-burn address.
You define a sliding window (i.e. 100 bitcoin blocks) and distribute rewards proportional to all bitcoins that were sent to the burn address within the last 100 bitcoin blocks.

You can define a decreasing reward curve for the next 1-4 years, such that after this initial bootstrapping rewarding phase the bitcoinj library can be excluded from the source code.

I think this would be the most fair distribution model, because there is no initial IPO. The price of the new coin will be determined always by the free market: If there is a period where more people are willing to burn their bitcoins for NEX coins, then they each get less NEX coins for their bitcoins. On the other hand if there is a period were no one wants to burn their bitcoins to get NEX coins, then everybody could just jump in and burn just a few satoshi to get almost the full NEX block reward without much competition. So you see fair distribution by market value.
It would make sure that the new coin actually really starts at value zero and will gradually improve to gain value. Therefore from an economic standpoint this would be the same distribution model as with Bitcoin.

It will borrow the fair distribution model from Bitcoin and the nice proof-of-stake model from NXT.
Of course this distribution model also has a much lower barrier to entry for every current bitcoin owner, even if he decides only after half a year to exchange some bitcoins for NEX coins. He could just look if he gets a better price at some exchange or if he goes the way to directly convert by burning bitcoins. This is the same mechanisms as someone interested in bitcoin could decide to buy a mining rig or to directly buy bitcoins on an exchange.
So instead of an initial-public-offering the coin has a continous-public-offering with decreasing reward over the next few years. This makes sure that the coins will be distributed quite broadly to many people.

BM-2D9KqQQ9Fg864YKia8Yz2VTtcUPYFnHVBR
gbeirn

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:34:02 PM

I am interested since I am a victim of NXT

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
vemdoctor9

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

This seems like an awesome idea.  Also, I have confidence that FrictionlessCoin is actually a good dev, as he correctly asserted that that the NXT source code is crap.
extee

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:49:21 PM

fair distribution of bitcoin ? lol  it was  released on a crypto mailing list (so how is it fair if you release it only to a very restrict group of people). for months 10 people mined it....then some gamers started mining it (i believe cos it got posted on on blizzard forums).....then by the time it ever got popular mining it required investment in graphic cards...and then asics completely killed it for the average joe....was everything but fair distribution.
NXT is already more distribiuted than bitcoin ever was in its first 2 months ., where only 20 or so people mined it.
5 years on and less than 1000 own more than 50% of bitcoins.  if NXt is to survive 5 years i bet its distribution will be much wider than that.

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:50:57 PM

Interested
shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

I am interested in this.
FrictionlessCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Interested.

By saying you are interested, you will get coins as a percent of those who said they were interested.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:02:29 PM

I would propose the following to get a really fair coin distribution for a 100% PoS coin:

Add the bitcoinj library to the NEX code and let it run in SPV mode.
Every NEX node continuously scans the bitcoin blockchain for P2SH transactions that are going to a proof-of-burn address.
You define a sliding window (i.e. 100 bitcoin blocks) and distribute rewards proportional to all bitcoins that were sent to the burn address within the last 100 bitcoin blocks.

You can define a decreasing reward curve for the next 1-4 years, such that after this initial bootstrapping rewarding phase the bitcoinj library can be excluded from the source code.

I think this would be the most fair distribution model, because there is no initial IPO. The price of the new coin will be determined always by the free market: If there is a period where more people are willing to burn their bitcoins for NEX coins, then they each get less NEX coins for their bitcoins. On the other hand if there is a period were no one wants to burn their bitcoins to get NEX coins, then everybody could just jump in and burn just a few satoshi to get almost the full NEX block reward without much competition. So you see fair distribution by market value.
It would make sure that the new coin actually really starts at value zero and will gradually improve to gain value. Therefore from an economic standpoint this would be the same distribution model as with Bitcoin.

It will borrow the fair distribution model from Bitcoin and the nice proof-of-stake model from NXT.
Of course this distribution model also has a much lower barrier to entry for every current bitcoin owner, even if he decides only after half a year to exchange some bitcoins for NEX coins. He could just look if he gets a better price at some exchange or if he goes the way to directly convert by burning bitcoins. This is the same mechanisms as someone interested in bitcoin could decide to buy a mining rig or to directly buy bitcoins on an exchange.
So instead of an initial-public-offering the coin has a continous-public-offering with decreasing reward over the next few years. This makes sure that the coins will be distributed quite broadly to many people.

Dude...  let me think about your proposal. 

So you are saying the NEX shares the same address at Bitcoin.... people burn bitcoins to create NEX coins in their wallets?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
fibbonac1z

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:03:45 PM

NEX Invest Coin (NIC) coins are the name of the currency that will be distributed initially. These are the coins that will be on exchanges and can be bought and sold. These coins will generate 1 additional NIC coin per week for every 1,000 NIC coins that you own (updates fractionally on the blockchain every 15 seconds and are rounded up to the nearest millionth). This means that in one year of holding 1,000 NIC coins, you will receive roughly 50 NIC coins, or 5% per annum.

NEX Enterprise Coin (NEC) coins can only be obtained by burning NIC coins. For every 1,000 NIC coins that are burned you will receive one NEC coin. These coins can not be exchanged, sold, or discarded by any means and will be attached to the wallet indefinitely. Each NEC coin will generate five NIC coins per week. In one year of holding one single NEC coin, you will receive roughly NIC LV1 coins. This equates to an increase of 25% per annum.

Would you please elaborate on this?

Will InvestCoin and EnterpriseCoin both have max supply limits?

Is there a mechanism to convert back from EnterpriseCoin to InvestCoin?  If not, then doesn't that suggest that EnterpriseCoin inflates infinitely?  I think there needz to be a mechanism to deflate EnterprizeCoin as well.

vemdoctor9

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:06:01 PM

Interested.

By saying you are interested, you will get coins as a percent of those who said they were interested.

I am interested!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: