Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore 11.7 miner starts then PAUSES...does not close !  (Read 169 times)
opies32765 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:39:19 PM

Guys,

I have one miner that i cannot figure out. Mind you i have 30+ but yes i cannot figure this one out, and its driving me nuts.

The issue is that after the Windows 10 April update the miner will start but pauses....it does not close. I have tried everything i know and nothing. So i went ahead and installed a clean version of 1709 build with all of its updates.

I have reinstalled 11.7(which was working with no issues prior) and still nothing. I have tried adrenaline 18.2 and even downgraded to the blockchain drivers and still nothing. The motherboard is up to date, windows sees all the cards...no issues there. I have patched the drivers...etc...etc...

These are AMD RX560's that have been modded...and again these were working fine before the darn update got me.....I have also excluded the claymore folder in defender, set a pause for 30 seconds etc...

Im hoping someone out there has run into this prior....

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:35:33 AM

Guys,

I have one miner that i cannot figure out. Mind you i have 30+ but yes i cannot figure this one out, and its driving me nuts.

The issue is that after the Windows 10 April update the miner will start but pauses....it does not close. I have tried everything i know and nothing. So i went ahead and installed a clean version of 1709 build with all of its updates.

I have reinstalled 11.7(which was working with no issues prior) and still nothing. I have tried adrenaline 18.2 and even downgraded to the blockchain drivers and still nothing. The motherboard is up to date, windows sees all the cards...no issues there. I have patched the drivers...etc...etc...

These are AMD RX560's that have been modded...and again these were working fine before the darn update got me.....I have also excluded the claymore folder in defender, set a pause for 30 seconds etc...

Thanks

have you tried running 1 GPU on PCIex16 slot? dont use riser

I have a feeling that one of your hardware might caused your issue
BTC22

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:40:43 AM

I'm glad someone else brought this up. I have the EXACT same issue. It runs and runs, than pauses.
opies32765 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:35:44 AM

Guys,

Thanks

i havent but i will give it a try..whats strange is that they were all working before the windows update....thanks
BTC22

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

Guys,

Thanks

i havent but i will give it a try..whats strange is that they were all working before the windows update....thanks

Let me know if you figure it out. Im having the same issue and im ready to thrown my rig out of the window.
opies32765 (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:02:33 PM

Finally figured it out !!!

On some miners you need to plug in a dummy DVI plug or a monitor cable to one of the video cards. Dont ask me why because i have a ton of miners that do need this. Once i did this and disabled the onboard video card the miner started working.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: