Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ME.TOO :: descendant of NXT - 4 billion coins  (Read 18182 times)
MadCow (OP)

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:27:15 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 05:09:46 AM by MadCow

"ME.TOO is a New Economy Movement, one of the reasons ME.TOO is groundbreaking is because it gives the economy back to the people and re-establishes them as their own sovereigns over their destiny.  An economy is an expression of a political ideology.  Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are more than a movement because we are a New Economy Movement."

ME.TOO :: descendant of Nxt  -  ME.TOO - New Economy Movement

Complete Fair Distribution - Zero Cost Buy In!

ME.TOO is a fork of Nxt code. I am an ambassador of NXT and I admire the brilliance and vision of NXT inventor BCNext. He has a idea in the world of decentralization and that's why we should have more clones of his work such as ME.TOO.

ME.TOO is the first 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS) currency.  Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees.  Unlike other currencies with PoS mining, ME.TOO's PoS mining does not cause monetary inflation.  The total amount of ME.TOO in circulation is 4 billion.  ME.TOO is resistant to +90% attacks via its transparent mining algorithm.

ME.TOO improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue.  Time between blocks is one minute.  This increases the rate of orphaned blocks, but makes it more convenient for the users.

ME.TOO doesn’t use so-called “scripts” aka predicates.  This simplifies and accelerates transaction processing.  Advanced features like multisig will be created on top of the core as 3rd party services.

ME.TOO is routable through Tor and I2P anonymous networks.

ME.TOO improves on Nxt by providing the following enhancements:

Block Chain stored in database.  Unlike Nxt,  ME.TOO does not fail due to out of memory errors.
Secure Wallet.  Unlike Nxt,  ME.TOO does not expose the wallet to the open internet.
Bitcoin like Addresses.  Unlike Nxt,  ME.TOO adds checksums to addresses so some random number can't be confused as being a NEX address.
Multi Precision arithmetic.  Unlike Nxt,  ME.TOO allows up to 8 decimal places.  Nxt does not have decimal places.

ME.TOO supports the following features:

- Decentralized Alias System / DNS - Complete
     Register names and assign them to URIs.  URIs can be anything from web addresses to NEX account numbers.  These aliases will be tradeable in the near future.
- Basic DDoS Protection - Complete
- Decentralized Asset Exchange / Colored Coins - Done, but not yet implemented.
     This allows gateways to issue assets on the NEX network.  These assets can include cryptocurrencies (BTC, LTC, etc), fiat currencies (USD, EUR, RMB, etc), stocks and other assets.
- Transparent Mining - Complete.
     Transactions are encrypted.  Only PoS block generator can decrypt transactions.
- Arbitrary Messaging - Complete. Implementation on block 40,000.
- Instant Transactions - Requires peer review
- Decentralized Marketplace / Auction - In progress
     Buy or sell goods/services in a distributed manner.  All listings are broadcast to all nodes on the network in P2P fashion.
- Distributed Storage - In progress
- Multi-signatures - In progress
- Blockchain Shrinking - In progress
- Two-phase Payments - In progress
     Software supported escrow transactions
- Voting System - In progress
- Reputation System - Will be implemented after Voting System
     Account trust rating system.  Check if sellers on the distributed exchange have a good history, if stock issuers pay dividends and if gateways honor their asset redemptions.
- Decentralized Mixing Service - Concept not ready - Cryptographers please contact core dev team members
- Distributed Computing - Concept not ready
- Smart Contracts - Concept not ready
- Hardware Wallets - Conceptual Stage - Java smart card developers please contact core dev team members
- Advanced DDoS Protection: Project Kharon - Conceptual Stage - Neural net programmers please contact core dev team members

ME.TOO need you to spread the words. The sources can be taken from NXT or its clone NEX

We inherit code from the "open source" or "decompiled" version of NXT

Unlike NXT,  all the decompiled code can be found here:  
https://github.com/slothbag/nxt-decompiled  for your review and scrutiny.

Please Run a ME.TOO Node

If you can run a ME.TOO node, it will help us stabilize and secure the network.  If you have invested in ME.TOO, it is beneficial to you to run a VPS to help to secure the ME.TOO network.  Hallmarking your node helps the network, but is not necessary.

How-to directions on running a hallmarked VPS ME.TOO node

Easily Deploy ME.TOO on Thousands of your VPSs

How-to run ME.TOO on your Raspberry Pi

ME.TOO Videos
ME.TOO Introduction
What is ME.TOO? Discussion by Tai Zen and Leon Fu (24:56)
How to Mine ME.TOO
How to Use ME.TOO Client
How to Register Alias Tutorial
ME.TOO Explained in Russian!

For all the hyper-links, you can go to our clone brother https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422052.0

Security Tips

- Do NOT use the passphrase for your ME.TOO account on a VPS client.  Only use your ME.TOO passphrase on a local ME.TOO client.  Even if you connect to your VPS securely via SSH, you are still not safe because all VPSs have backdoors.
- 7874 (tcp) is used for P2P communication, the http web client and API commands.  This is the only port that needs to be open to run ME.TOO.
- 7875 (tcp) is used for the https web client.

Please leave a message here if you want a part of the 4 Billion coins that will be issued! That's right there will be 4 billion of ME.TOO instead of 1 Billion. That's because we think NXT is like gold which can be used in valuable transactions meanwhile ME.TOO is like silver and can be used in everyday.

There is no cost to acquire coins, only your interest would suffice and remember for your interest you can get four times the amount of NXT or NEX you can get.

We have good news to share!!

ME.TOO will be cloning this NEM announcement thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

What this means for you?

If you're in the NEM genesis block, you'll automatically be included in the ME.TOO genesis block.

The only difference is ME.TOO will not require any contribution from people  ME.TOO is 100% free!!

We have complete faith in utopianfuture's integrity, so we believe donations and contributions to NEM are safe, and utopianfuture will put them to good use. And when he does, ME.TOO will clone all the good features of NEM, so we don't have a need for a budget for development & community building at this stage.

We just want your 'love', and we promise to try and grow ME.TOO into a top 10 NXT clone.

NXT is that nice crisp $50 in your pocket, NEM is a $20 .... ME.TOO is a crumpled up $5  ... but if ME.TOO establishes itself in the top handful of NXT clones it'll end up being useful, and valuable.

So to summarise, if you're 'interested' in NEM, then we're assuming you're 'interested in ME.TOO.

And we're going to copy and clone everything we can from NXT & NEM & NEX so our development costs will be smaller, so we'll try and cover those from our own pockets. We might need some help later on, so feel free to offer, but for now we're not looking for any donations.

ME.TOO will have a large number of accounts in the genesis block, and we've got a few marketing ideas that should insure we have enough people interested in ME.TOO to run the client software.

ME.TOO people know the power of community  Grin

ME.TOO is going for bronze!!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

100% Interest!!!!!

Boom. Instamined.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:37:38 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 04:39:26 AM by MsCollec

I"M INTERESTED
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:48:55 AM

Great idea, very unique, count me in.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:53:51 AM

Will you accept only 70 "founders" as well? Wink
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:54:23 AM

You should join NEM. The original new economy movement  Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:56:57 AM

video about Me.Too
MadCow (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:00:18 AM

You should join NEM. The original new economy movement  Smiley

Hmm, maybe you should join ME.TOO instead.

I've got a '.' in my name, so I think I've got the superior coin Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:01:15 AM

what the hell. why not. what steps do i need to take inorder to acquire some coins?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:09:06 AM

word of advise: if you dont want this coin to be ruled by the give away thread spammers, weight the giveaways by activity * average_post_length. Then do a quick check of their post history to make sure they pass the turing test.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MadCow (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:09:29 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 04:25:30 AM by MadCow

what the hell. why not. what steps do i need to take inorder to acquire some coins?

I'll let you know 5 minutes after I copy the idea from NEM.

Could utopianfuture give me a heads up on his ideas? It would make it a lot easier for ME.TOO to clone his coin if we've got some advanced warning.

cheers

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:13:25 AM

much interesting

copycat meme

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:13:53 AM

Nice to see the alt forum getting filled with NXT clones Wink

I'm interested.
MadCow (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:18:04 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 06:23:02 AM by MadCow

ME TOO!!! -- Best.   Name.   Ever.

Interested Smiley

Thanks! ME.TOO is just as much about performance art as anything else (same with NEX & NEM).

Do a copy paste on NEX, NEM or ME.TOO and join the movement.

I'm looking for an arts council grant now.

It's just like Paris in the 1890's Smiley
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:20:00 AM

I just want to post on page 1!

Oh, plus, "interested" is the code word, I believe. But I already wrote that in the NEM thread. Can't you just copy my posts from there?

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
erik__

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:20:13 AM

Interested.
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:22:37 AM

Lol why not.

I'm interested.
MadCow (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:23:24 AM

I just want to post on page 1!

Congratulations! In years to come when POS performance art coins are as valid as Impressionism or Cubism, that first page post will give you and your ::descendants:: much pleasure.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:27:34 AM

interested

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile