Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A huge blemish on the forum.  (Read 901 times)
Anonymous

September 08, 2011, 08:48:47 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5952.0

I've reported this thread and no action has been taken. The discussion is now only pertaining to mere gossip about a certain individual and his previous actions. No longer is it truly relevant to Bitcoin. I highly suggest the mods consider moving this to the off-topic forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Surawit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:15:34 PM

You didn't seem to have a problem with the first 14 pages/5 months of the topic, when it was talking about exactly the same thing (the Bitcoin show / Bruce)? It's ridiculous and Stalinist to hide a topic because the subject has become embarrassing. If anything the topic belongs in Bitcoin Discussion more now than it did before, because we are discussing the relationship between Bruce and the wider Bitcoin community rather than just plugging the show.

Also there are lots of threads already about Bruce in off-topic. It's clear that the market demands a thread in the main forum about him.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:21:15 PM

If you reported it and no action was taken, don't you have your answer?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:27:16 PM

You didn't seem to have a problem with the first 14 pages/5 months of the topic, when it was talking about exactly the same thing (the Bitcoin show / Bruce)? It's ridiculous and Stalinist to hide a topic because the subject has become embarrassing. If anything the topic belongs in Bitcoin Discussion more now than it did before, because we are discussing the relationship between Bruce and the wider Bitcoin community rather than just plugging the show.

Also there are lots of threads already about Bruce in off-topic. It's clear that the market demands a thread in the main forum about him.

Agreed.

The threads on this forum cumulatively reflect the mindset of the community.  If you don't like the reflection, then it is telling you something about the community.

This whole Bitcoin thing is experimental.  It serves as a pseudo-realistic example of the free market in action.  The whole Bruce thing needs to be out there.  In 10 years, we can look back at all of these threads and see just how much greed (or lack thereof) there was, how community members treated each other, what peoples' intentions and motives were, etc.  Censorship should only be demonstrated in extreme cases where someone's life or reputation is demonstrated to be negatively affected without just cause.  In my opinion, there is more than enough just cause to speculate about Bruce's character.
Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:11:12 PM

There should be one thread in general discussion about it, if only because it can help serve as a reminder to people, and a warning to would be scammers.  When the free market is done with it it will fall off the page. 

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:27:35 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5952.0

I've reported this thread and no action has been taken. The discussion is now only pertaining to mere gossip about a certain individual and his previous actions. No longer is it truly relevant to Bitcoin. I highly suggest the mods consider moving this to the off-topic forum.

You reported this thread a little over 2 hours ago and no action has been taken yet.... OH MY GOD THIS FORUM IS TERRIBLE!

It takes a while to read through about 7-8 pages of posts that have been made in the last 24 hours.  I know I haven't had time to do it yet, and I'm guessing it's similar for the other mods as well.

Edit:
Just glanced at the time you made your post, and it was an hour after you made the report.  You need to chill out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: