Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: p2pool - switching nodes  (Read 485 times)
agilityvision (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

I read that it takes 24 hours of continuous mining to ramp up to full payments in the pplns system used. If you switch nodes does this start over? Or since your using the same wallet address does it not matter what node your mining from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
squiggie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

I read that it takes 24 hours of continuous mining to ramp up to full payments in the pplns system used. If you switch nodes does this start over? Or since your using the same wallet address does it not matter what node your mining from?

Switching nodes would not matter as long as you use the same payout address. However you have to make sure the node your switching to is communicating with the rest of the p2pool network for the coin your mining. Some nodes choose to mine solo, so if that is the case then your shares will not be communicated with the new node. Just make sure whatever node you go to has some in and out connections on it. You can see that on the stats page.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: