Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:55:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RDD] Reddcoin The Social Currency [PoSV] Electrum Wallet 1.0.2  (Read 688916 times)
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:41:15 PM

I keep getting a run time error every time I try to open the wallet or even after syncing it will just automatically shutdown with a block error.

I run several wallets and this is the first time I come across this error.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:31:03 PM

hey dev team ? instead of shit ideas and shit videos,try to add merchant sites and game sites support redd !

why so aggressive, this ain't corporate exercise lol, coin will do extremely well but only on the basis of people being nice (and respectful) to each other

scan of "situation" in the morning reveals 21 sat as a base and cryptsy wallet address shows staking activity, my own wallet activity should do the same in few hours and expecting ~ 2,000 RDD as I increased my position at 21 yesterday

have a great day!

what's the min coin age before i can stake?

there is an element of randomness built into the process at 4 million Redd's thats 50 x 4 200K a year.. so 2,000 coins a day pretty decent

please leave your wallet up and running non stop.. best is to work of git master (git pull and actual software build from ground up) if not skilled pull latest binaries from their site

checking crytpsy for 20 sat is probed on bittrex, but bittrex has halted some operations brb

hard stop is at 15 satoshi at that level coin is like almost given away for free, I have about 250K to fill to 4 million, diff between 21 and 15 is like 40 50 dollars.. still a nice steak dinner and a wine
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:59:43 PM

just added over 1 million Redds, now at 5 million total at .20 .21. taking a calculated risk

completed 5 000 000.29854668 RDD acquisition this is 50 x 5 250K redds annual (% stake)

and reason why I did that is the overnight and till now .15 should have been reached but it did not so I risked, scared that 15 will be pushed down or tried but I doubt it at that level no one makes any money
kujaw

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:12:09 PM

Do a restart after replacing all rdd related from your computer.
Rest seems good.

I cannot find wallet.dat anywhere on my phone ;/ I made a copy of reddcoin wallet keys, but I have no idea what to do with this file. Where should I put it? Or where should I look for wallet.dat on Android?
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:33:52 PM

Do a restart after replacing all rdd related from your computer.
Rest seems good.

I cannot find wallet.dat anywhere on my phone ;/ I made a copy of reddcoin wallet keys, but I have no idea what to do with this file. Where should I put it? Or where should I look for wallet.dat on Android?

Check whether you have an option to extract private key from that android app.
I never used an android app for REDDcoin. Will install one and look into it.
kujaw

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:47:21 PM

Ok everything is solved! Smiley

I used this link: http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2bkzgy/about_the_androidwallet/
It guides to: http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1rl7xx/need_help_importing_private_keys/
And in the second link everything is explained.

So for the nearest future - Android wallet doesn't work and nobody should use it Smiley
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Ok everything is solved! Smiley

I used this link: http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2bkzgy/about_the_androidwallet/
It guides to: http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1rl7xx/need_help_importing_private_keys/
And in the second link everything is explained.

So for the nearest future - Android wallet doesn't work and nobody should use it Smiley

Good to see that you solved the issue.
That's the reason for no link to the android wallet in OP or reddcoin website.
ymod123

Activity: 432

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:08:05 PM

my first stake is 1276.04398 I add MORE COINS IN MY WALLET  and now i only got 115.3223
how come the more i have coins in my wallet i less stake?
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:28:49 PM

my first stake is 1276.04398 I add MORE COINS IN MY WALLET  and now i only got 115.3223
how come the more i have coins in my wallet i less stake?

keep wallet up, actually at 21 current market value is when you all have started so thanks to manipulation of many we are at almost the bottom at 15 satoshi but at that level big money (in the hundreds of millions of Redds) make no money, I say buy as much as you can serious

doge is not taken seriously, redd is in terms of commerce as simple as that, you can quote me on that later

the ultra low bottom is at 15 satoshi large buy walls have been positioned there and waiting for another bait, anything lower and coin ceases to have meaning, I lose you lose
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:39:21 PM

Since the posv started I generated coins a couple of times. The strange thing is 2 out of 6 times they where generated to another adddress and not my own wallet address. Any one an idea?
tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:24:15 AM

hey dev team ? instead of shit ideas and shit videos,try to add merchant sites and game sites support redd !

why so aggressive, this ain't corporate exercise lol, coin will do extremely well but only on the basis of people being nice (and respectful) to each other

scan of "situation" in the morning reveals 21 sat as a base and cryptsy wallet address shows staking activity, my own wallet activity should do the same in few hours and expecting ~ 2,000 RDD as I increased my position at 21 yesterday

have a great day!

there is an element of randomness built into the process at 4 million Redd's thats 50 x 4 200K a year.. so 2,000 coins a day pretty decent

please leave your wallet up and running non stop.. best is to work of git master (git pull and actual software build from ground up) if not skilled pull latest binaries from their site

checking crytpsy for 20 sat is probed on bittrex, but bittrex has halted some operations brb

hard stop is at 15 satoshi at that level coin is like almost given away for free, I have about 250K to fill to 4 million, diff between 21 and 15 is like 40 50 dollars.. still a nice steak dinner and a wine

The randomness comes from the minting process as you compete to solve POS blocks. However, you have to hold the coins in your wallet for a certain amount of time before you can start the minting process. This is the minimum coin age. I recall seeing this on the site before but can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know what this is? I've pulled all my coins from the exchanges, didn't realise cryptsy was staking our coins, to start my own staking but wanted to know when to check back on my wallet to see the results.

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:07:31 AM

have a great day!

The randomness comes from the minting process as you compete to solve POS blocks. However, you have to hold the coins in your wallet for a certain amount of time before you can start the minting process. This is the minimum coin age. I recall seeing this on the site before but can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know what this is? I've pulled all my coins from the exchanges, didn't realise cryptsy was staking our coins, to start my own staking but wanted to know when to check back on my wallet to see the results.

It should be 8 hours until your coins can begin staking, but don't expect to start getting paid straight away. I am still waiting for my first stake since staking began.

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:08:56 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 08:33:08 AM by tricass

have a great day!

It should be 8 hours until your coins can begin staking, but don't expect to start getting paid straight away. I am still waiting for my first stake since staking began.

thanks! thought it was a bit longer than that. guess i'll be checking my wallet more frequently than i thought at first Smiley

edit: it would be great if the wallet gave an estimate or probability of producing a stake over the coming hours/days just like the hobonickels coin wallet does.
also, anyone know what the purpose is in showing the average weight? i get the total weight but not sure what showing the average gives you. oh..and that network weight is a very large number Smiley

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:10:52 AM

have a great day!

thanks! thought it was a bit longer than that. guess i'll be checking my wallet more frequently than i thought at first Smiley

edit: it would be great if the wallet gave an estimate or probability of producing a stake over the coming hours/days just like the hobonickels coin wallet does.
also, anyone know what the purpose is in showing the average weight? i get the total weight but not sure what showing the average gives you. oh..and that network weight is a very large number Smiley

This post might help explain things abit better.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2clb1v/does_your_total_weight_and_your_average_weight/

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:52:27 AM

have a great day!

This post might help explain things abit better.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2clb1v/does_your_total_weight_and_your_average_weight/

thanks. that clears it up for me.

allcoinminer

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

For all those who want for reference. Book mark this.
http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV_FAQ.pdf
http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

the links are blocked on my work network.. Can someone tell me if the wallt needs to be open all the time to stake? or can i open it once a day to sync?

thanks
bigreddmachine

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:52:40 PM

the links are blocked on my work network.. Can someone tell me if the wallt needs to be open all the time to stake? or can i open it once a day to sync?

thanks

Staking is basically a lottery, just like mining.  The more coins you have (and the longer you've had them), the more lottery tickets you have.  There is a lottery held every minute for Reddcoin, so 1440 per day.  That means 1440 stakes will earn interest.  Given that there are a few thousand wallets as a minimum for RDD, and that most of them have multiple stakes based on transaction history, you have some stiff competition for winning.  If you have really large stakes in a very big wallet, you could probably sync every once in a while and be fine.  But if you have smaller stakes or a smaller wallet, you are going to want to run your wallet as often as possible to have the most opportunities at winning a stake.

That applies for every PoS coin.  Sometimes calling staking "interest" can be misleading because it makes it seem like everyone should have no trouble getting it.  It's really a reward, and the amount of the reward is determined in a way similar to interest.
hyoung

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:44:51 PM

For windows only.

Backup the wallet.dat file. IF this is backed up already on USB stick then you skip this step.

You can find this by doing. Open up run command (Windows key + R)

Type in box and press enter

%appdata%

When this opens you will have a folder in there called “redcoin” (If you cant see these folders they are hidden . You need to change the folders settings to “view system files. Google will help you)

Inside this folder is the wallet.dat (This holds the information and coins) Copy this somewhere safe.

Now delete this folder completely.

Uninstall the wallet application from the control panel.

Install the new wallet with the new .exe

Open wallet and let it sync completely.

Close wallet.

Go back and get to the %appdata% folder.

You will now see a new “redcoin” folder with a new wallet.dat file

Now copy your backed up wallet file into this folder and overwrite it.

Open wallet it should show the coins.

this does not work - i let the wallet fully sync, deleted new wallet.dat and restored backup wallet.dat and I get an error straight away

Assertion Failed! Expression: mapBlockIndex.count(hashSyncCheckPoint)

I had the exact same problem.  The App does not need to be reinstalled, although taking advantage of the opportunity to upgrade to the latest 1.3.1 from www.redcoin.com is good practice.  The error is something associates with the block chain state cached locally.  As per the above, delete everything in the Reddcoin application data folder (I deleted the blocks, chainstate, database and txleveldb folders) but leave wallet.dat (with a safe copy elsewhere just in case).  Restart the wallet application and it comes up with your coins shown as unconfirmed and starts syncing with the network, as mine currently is.  I'm assuming that it will resync and everything go back to normal.  I'll report back if there are any more problems, but otherwise please assume this fix worked fine.
Anders

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

Reddcoin has interesting properties. Features I have been looking for, such as:

"Proof of Stake Velocity (PoSV) is proposed as an alternative to Proof of Work (PoW) and Proof of Stake (PoS) to secure the peer-to-peer network and confirm transactions of Reddcoin, a cryptocurrency created specifically to facilitate social interactions in the digital age. PoSV is designed to encourage both ownership (Stake) and activity (Velocity) which directly correspond to the two main functions of Reddcoin as a real currency: store of value and medium of exchange." -- http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

"The Reddcoin supply inflates at a compounded annual rate of 5%. Because the interest compounds, Reddcoin will actually inflate at a higher rate than Dogecoin beginning in 2016.

However, unlike Dogecoin, Reddcoin is taking steps to ensure that inflation does not scare investors away. ... On average, a Reddcoin holder’s stake will gain 5% annual interest, which is just enough to ensure their investment does not lose value due to inflation." -- http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dogecoin-price-decline-continues-will-reddcoin-challenge-it/2014/07/29

And this video claims that Reddcoin has zero transaction fees: What is Reddcoin? -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYJ0sNVVpg
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: