Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's suppose that Bitcoin became universal (used everywhere you go)  (Read 25581 times)
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:13:22 AM

Then we dont need cash, credit cards in our wallets,  we only need  a phone and internet connection.  You dont need to fall in line when if your cash is short.  Bitcoin makes our payments more easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:06:47 AM

If everyone is using bitcoin, the government will still be able to collect taxes.

When people buy something, the business tax is still collected by the business, you still have to pay the sales tax, the business will be responsible for the transfer to the government. It used to be paper money, but now it's bitcoin.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:53:22 AM

If everyone uses bitcoin, a country will still survive, people will still make traditional businesses, the only difference is that we will be paying / paid with bitcoin, if you are thinking that the economy will collapse, that is far from happening, there will still be capitalists and will take advantage of the situation in order to gain profits, the government may not have their projects, but companies will do, and aside from that, equality for all will take place, no longer a doctor of medicine in the US will be paid more than the doctor of medicine in asia pacific, both will have the same pay and no longer would professionals change their careers abroad, just to compensate finances at home.
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:14:28 AM

If everyone uses bitcoin, a country will still survive, people will still make traditional businesses, the only difference is that we will be paying / paid with bitcoin, if you are thinking that the economy will collapse, that is far from happening, there will still be capitalists and will take advantage of the situation in order to gain profits, the government may not have their projects, but companies will do, and aside from that, equality for all will take place, no longer a doctor of medicine in the US will be paid more than the doctor of medicine in asia pacific, both will have the same pay and no longer would professionals change their careers abroad, just to compensate finances at home.

That's sounds great, you don't need anything. Just your phone and you can pays. That gives our life a hassle free, and snatches no chance to steal our money.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:40:57 AM

That's sounds great, you don't need anything. Just your phone and you can pays. That gives our life a hassle free, and snatches no chance to steal our money.
And all you have to do is just secure your funds properly, keep your private keys safe. I am just concern that a lot of people said that there is equality amongst the salary in different countries, well i guess it is quiet impossible, since it is still based on the standard of living in a current country, and still the economic government wouldn't allow cash to be extinct.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:44:17 AM

Hi,
Let's suppose that Bitcoin became adopted everywhere such as paying bills with Bitcoin,getting salary with Bitcoin,shopping,restaurant etc...
How your country gonna survive if you only use Bitcoin in a daily basis? I mean a country cannot survive if individuals doesn't pay taxes,well with Bitcoin you don't pay any tax right?
How this gonna be possible? Please shed for me some light on this.
Thanks

Bitcoin is merely a global currency.

It's not something that is directly in conflict of the current economic model. If people actually started to use bitcoin on a wide scale, and governments allow that, then they would be able to collect taxes much the same way that they are doing right now.

I doubt that bitcoin would ever completely replaced fiat like in your scenario, though. More likely, bitcoin is simply going to serve as an alternative alongside the existing fiat infrastructure for those who want to protect their wealth in a decentralised asset.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:44:29 AM

Then we dont need cash, credit cards in our wallets,  we only need  a phone and internet connection.  You dont need to fall in line when if your cash is short.  Bitcoin makes our payments more easier.
If bitcoin is universal can be used anywhere, all merchants accept bitcoin, that would be a good thing, but i do not think people will leave cash and fiat because of this, bitcoin problem there are still others? ie transaction fee, if transaction fee is still very expensive, although bitcoin universal, user must be reluctant to spend and use bitcoin for transaction?
cryptotenoy

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

Hi,
Let's suppose that Bitcoin became adopted everywhere such as paying bills with Bitcoin,getting salary with Bitcoin,shopping,restaurant etc...
How your country gonna survive if you only use Bitcoin in a daily basis? I mean a country cannot survive if individuals doesn't pay taxes,well with Bitcoin you don't pay any tax right?
Thanks
If bitcoins would be widely used anywhere in the world and people could used it freely pretty sure that time the government had already opposing their rules to make it legalize.Possibilities would be they already impossing users to pay taxes to the merchants and the merchants to the government as well.Although its not directly done by us but the government can do something to get taxes from bitcoin merchants and users no matter what it takes.
gogrowglow

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:15:59 AM

If people actually started to use Bitcoin on a wide scale, and governments allows it , then they would be able to collect taxes much the same way as what  they are doing right now.   If you get Bitcoin as income, generally the company you work with  will remit the taxes to the government. If you buy foods, medicines, toiletries, clothes and other life's necessities, you pay the VAT (Value Added Tax). Governments always collects taxes from people directly or indirectly, they always find ways to collect taxes from us.  It will become a very great  achievement for Bitcoin if it will become universal or being used wherever your go because we will achieved  total freedom in Bitcoin transactions.
realBitcoiner

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:17:08 AM

I agree, if universal then all is easy to do to buy anything, and everything becomes easier, I support it when it happens
Globally we can use bitcoin but the problem is in local markets and if I want to pay bills or anything else I will need cash money, then bitcoin is of no use. This is all about government decision about bitcoin. If they allow you will use bitcoin in local markets but if they do not you will need local money to buy your daily needs. It will take time for the whole world to use bitcoin as regular currency.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:24:14 AM

let's assume that everyone has a static address to transact as we know the transaction on the blockchain is public and permanently recorded out there so it will prevent money laundering, and the government can easily check your assets so you cannot evade paying the taxes. However, it's not decentralized anymore.

Most clients aren't tied to such restrictions, and if they are, then simply avoid them. You will always be able to generate as many addresses and private keys as you want, nothing will ever change that. Governments can't mess with Bitcoin like that.

As long as you are the sole owner of your private keys, and you don't need to ask for permission to move funds from one place to another, everything is completely decentralized. Decentralized however doesn't mean you will obtain much privacy, I think you go wrong there. Privacy is not the same as decentralization. Bitcoin's open nature allows all sorts of agencies to spy on you, and it is already happening. You can't lose what you don't have.

If you are too paranoid that after withdrawing coins from your exchange, then mix your funds before spending them. It will largely help you get rid of the personal taint on them.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:36:50 AM

therefore many countries are banning the use of bitcoin as a means of payment. just like in my country. but perhaps if the state regulates bitcoin holders by paying taxes to each bitcoin holder. might make sense
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

For one thing, the price on goods and sevices has a mark up of tax in it, so whenever you buy and or use a service then you're practically paying taxes already. Besides that, salaries have them too, especially the company paying the salary so that's another. Lastly, is you annual income and witholding tax that you need to pay or be audited. I think the government will be smart enough to be able to track everyone's spending and be taxed on it.

thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:44:58 AM

That would be great as well! If I would be able to pay everything and everywhere with bitcoin and other currencies world would became more comfortable place
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:51:30 AM

Hi,
Thanks
Hey
It's not completely true that with Bitcoins you aren't supposed to pay taxes ,but in fact there are countries that are taking and accepting Bitcoins as a regular form of payment and due to which the government is now implementing taxes on it  .
I think if that happens then the Bitcoins will be more or less stable and will be Centralized and controlled by a number of bodies accross the globe because.. something this big can't be held without control people will soon find how to misuse it.
It will for sure be easy and could bring everyone close .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:41:47 AM

I am already paing everything with bitcoin, lol. Just with a difference that I must withdraw it from my wallet to fiat first
inashed

Activity: 89
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:50:04 AM

Digital currency WILL be used and worldwide.

It will be centralized and it will use proof of identity.

The state will issue a chip at birth that is also your wallet, this chip will secure (mine) the coin, with each person automaically mining it. It will be said to population that since each person can only have one chip, it will be secure.
Onyx0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:29:15 PM

Hi,
Thanks
For me its impossible because if i am not mistaken the government uses people tax to improve our country and they use it in some other financial needs of our country. 
It is now modern age mate and bitcoin is need of the day, wherever you will go bitcoin users will be there and now there are a lot of countries who are even making bitcoin as legal currency, so I think it sit no far to see bitcoin universally acceptable and it will increase value with the passage of time, as increasing number of bitcoin users makes us clear that we are going to live in a digital era within few years, those days have gone when people were know only paper money.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:37:13 PM

in this future change we need this bitcoin as an universal currency, for making an economic boom and can be implement in many tech too with it, fast and easy transaction is the future we need that to become a global people

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
max fray

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:40:00 PM

Hi,
Thanks
If you use bitcoin for paying for some daily needs like shopping, restaurants, etc., there should be a centralized service for all those payments (like a mobile app or whatever).
With the current speed of bitcoin transactions it is almost impossible to use bitcoin for "daily shopping" (say you would need to pay for you lunch costing 0.00001 BTC - it would take a long time to process this transaction).
So, governments can impose taxes on this very service, otherwise it can ban the activities of such a restaurant or shop. It can be done very easily - a group of people in masks arrives ti such a shop, seals the premises and prevents them from conducting their business.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: