Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: BTC 5 via oDesk  (Read 907 times)
antares (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:39:40 PM

Hi there,

I need someone to sell me 5 BTC via oDesk, so I can activate my payoneer Debit Card.

Here's how I suppose this works:
you already have an oDesk Account: simply create a job for $40, make it private, invite me to it.
I'll complete the job, send you the coins, you send me the payment.

you don't have an oDesk account: Create one, fund it with your Credit Card, create a private job, invite me.

If neccessary, I'll also consider a third party escrow on this.

(PS I do not know whether oDesk charges you for creating a job, if so take those fees off the $40)
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:18:29 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2011, 03:34:15 AM by Stephen Gornick

(PS I do not know whether oDesk charges you for creating a job, if so take those fees off the $40)

oDesk's fees paid by the employer are 10% of the "job".
 - http://www.odesk.com/help/help/policies/fee_policy

If you are hoping for a $40 payout, then you probably meant to suggest adding those fees on top of the $40 then?
e.g., $40/0.90 = $44.40 payment to oDesk, oDesk takes the 10% cut ($4.44) leaving $40 to you.

Of course, setting up a fake job listing for the purpose of simply transmitting money is certainly against oDesk's terms of service.  There have been reports of oDesk suspending accounts that they suspect of participating in money laundering, though I'm not trying to imply that this type of transaction would be considered to be that.

For the prescribed use though oDesk's list of countries in which they treat the withdrawal transfers as "local currency" (i.e., can do a domestic bank transfer) is interesting as there are nearly no Bitcoin exchanges supporting hardly any of them: Armenia, Bulgaria, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Serbia, South Africa, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Uruguay.
 - http://www.odesk.com/community/node/17020

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

antares (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:13:45 AM

hi there and thanks to your reply. The thing Why I wish to use oDesk is to activate my Payoneer Debit card, so I can recharge it using third party cards.
And Of course that 10% fee is going to be covered by me.

Thing is, whenever I tried to add some money to my Payoneer card, Payoneer rejected and said I'd need to get it charged by the issuer(odesk) first before they will allow regular balances. I am sure willing to work on oDesk for that, however after a month I did not get anything there.

I also tried to create another oDesk account and charge that with my credit card to transfer funds, however they did not accept my german mastercard as a funding source. Oh, and if it's an issue, I can provide a job description and a "proof of work" too.

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:01:07 PM

Currently in negotiation with antares. Hopefully this will help us both out. Smiley
antares (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:17:17 PM

successfully traded with 72289.

Great Trader!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: