Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE Alert] Blog  (Read 2037 times)
Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 12:28:08 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2011, 01:57:41 PM by Ben Walsh (beamer)

GLBSE Alert

* Development and maintenance of this service is only possible through your kind donations - please give generously - 1GchXXA9keBVsKx4NXqBjyBytxrLGpuRDx *

This is a new beta service which will alert you via email to events which take place in GLBSE.

The first event option is to be alerted when a new asset is listed on GLBSE.

This will save you trawling through the Twitter feed for trade or sell tweets for new assets or remembering to check BitcoinCharts regularly.

I built the service for my own use but believe there is value in making it available to other users of GLBSE.

You will receive an email alert with simple content similar to the following ...

---------------------------------------------------------
The following new shares were listed on GLBSE ...
    SDM

Trading details of newly listed shares ...

Asset : SDM
    Issues : 10000
    Issues on sale : 3886 (38.86%)
    Min ask : 9900000
    Max bid : 4000000
    Last trade : 4000000
---------------------------------------------------------

I have plans to increase the range/style of alerts you can receive, combining various conditions to decide whether to alert, and increase the capacity of the service, if there is sufficient demand.

This service is provided completely independently of GLBSE. I have no access to the GLBSE user database and have no way to correlate GLBSE user activities to email addresses. Your activities on GLBSE remain completely anonymous.

I hope this service can help in some small way to stimulate usage of GLBSE, trading in GLBSE listed assets and transacting in Bitcoins.

To subscribe to this alert simply send an email to glbsealertemails+subscribe.newasset@gmail.com

Following user feedback, a further alert option is now available ...

Exactly the same as above except the email is sent every 24 hours rather than immediately - perfect for those who just want a record of what has been listed over the last day.

To subscribe to this alert simply send an email to glbsealertemails+subscribe.newasset.daily@gmail.com

If you would like a bespoke alert for a particular event - please email glbsealertemails+bespoke@gmail.com with details.

* Development and maintenance of this service is only possible through your kind donations - please give generously - 1GchXXA9keBVsKx4NXqBjyBytxrLGpuRDx *

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 03:04:16 PM

Interesting.

How often do you poll the assets lists? It's obviously not instantaneous, since when an asset is first created, there are none issued and no ask offers available. They don't even have a ticker.

Once a day would probably be about right at the moment.

Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 01:29:39 PM

I've not decided on what I will keep the polling period at yet, still experimenting.

Once a day is far too long in my opinion - potentially that would mean an alert wouldn't be triggered for an asset until just under 24 hours after it was listed.

At the moment it is every 10 minutes, which I think is a reasonable level.

I do intend to take it down to seconds, to make other services I intend to provide more valuable - maybe this will mean a premium account payment for GLBSE (to support the extra server usage / traffic this would create) and consequently a premium account for this and the other services - very much TBD.

An alert goes out for the initial asset listing (with the long hex string) and an alert goes out for the ticker listing too - I may extend the service to give an option to ignore initial asset listing, if people want it - personally I want both alerts.

There can be trading activity for an asset within the up to 10 minute period before an alert goes out - I treat such activity as a good indication of the investment potential of the newly listed asset.

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 08:29:19 PM

Its pure money!  BUY BUY BUY!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:33:51 PM

Probably some sort of encoding mismatch.

What OS and release are you on and what browser / email client are you using ?

Also, what encoding is your OS set to ?

Got this from you today:

T€€€h€€€e€€€ €€€f€€€o€€€l€€€l€€€o€€€w€€€i€€€n€€€g€€€ €€€n€€€e€€€w€€€
€€€s€€€h€€€a€€€r€€€e€€€s€€€ €€€w€€€e€€€r€€€e€€€ €€€l€€€i€€€s€€€t€€€e€€€d€€€
€€€o€€€n€€€ €€€G€€€L€€€B€€€S€€€E€€€ €€€.€€€.€€€.€€€

That was just the first few lines, it continues for a whole page. Is there a reason each character is separated by three euro signs?
Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:03:06 PM

Okey dokey.

I'll investigate tomorrow.

Actually, when I pulled the email up on my phone, each character was separated by three boxes. I thought it might just be the phone, so I pulled the email up on a windows computer, where I got the euro signs. Also get euros on my mac.

nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:02:15 AM

Any way to get a "digest" instead of instant notifications? (Summary of day at end of day?) Better for those who simply like to observe and report, IMO.

Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 07:07:45 AM

Sure. I'll add that next.

Any way to get a "digest" instead of instant notifications? (Summary of day at end of day?) Better for those who simply like to observe and report, IMO.
Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:07:41 PM

This should now be resolved. Let me know if you see any further problems.

Okey dokey.

I'll investigate tomorrow.

Actually, when I pulled the email up on my phone, each character was separated by three boxes. I thought it might just be the phone, so I pulled the email up on a windows computer, where I got the euro signs. Also get euros on my mac.

Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:25:39 PM

This is now available - see updated first post.

I will adjust the time of day at which the report is sent over the next few weeks, so it is optimal for the majority time zone of subscribers.

I will also be developing and providing an ability to customize it to exactly what time of day each individual subscriber desires.

Sure. I'll add that next.

Ben Walsh (beamer) (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 12:07:17 PM

Yes still active.

Hi, is this still active?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: