Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org Hacked by SomethingAwful??? (PICS)  (Read 8134 times)
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:30:04 PM

Due to Bitcoin forum being hacked I have decided to launch CoinConnect early, as of right now.

CoinConnect is a full featured Bitcoin Social Networking Site that I have been working on.

if you would like to check us out be the first to register a profile at www.coinconnect.org

thanks.
Way to seize the moment!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:30:26 PM

Please be aware that you may have gotten hit with a driveby flash or PDF exploit.

On initial page load (view-source: counts as a second and won't appear anymore, sniff your traffic), you get served this funky little thing:
hxxp://188.229.89.121/?i=Aac0bfc3bb680e116==

It appears to serve different content based on user agent and may not load again after the initial one to prevent detection.
It doesn't look blocked by any blacklists.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 08:31:43 PM

I just hope the usernames and passwords are safe   Cry
They are if you use a unique username and password on every site. It also helps to have a password over 16 characters so it can't be cracked even if the password database is stolen.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:35:41 PM

They are if you use a unique username and password on every site. It also helps to have a password over 16 characters so it can't be cracked even if the password database is stolen.

you're forgetting that bitcoin users have pc rigs dedicated to forcing hashes.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 08:36:50 PM

BTW:

I have posted easy instructions on how you can stop the Cosby Hack and still enjoy full functionality of the Bitcoin Forums

just check out my thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42569.0

also Sorry about the shameless advertising of my new social networking site
but I have been waiting for a perfect time to launch it and I feel the time is now

and I dont want to compete with the Bitcoin Forums but I wanted to created something that would showcase and connect the Bitcoin community with the rest of the world.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 04:52:44 AM

you're forgetting that bitcoin users have pc rigs dedicated to forcing hashes.
Every character added to password length makes it ~96x harder if you consider all the password characters that can be typed on a keyboard. If 8 character passwords take a day, 9 characters take three months, 10 characters take 30 years, etc.
I'm still changing my 19 character never used elsewhere password though.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 04:57:31 AM

https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 04:59:13 AM

GRC is crap, don't trust anything on that site.

http://attrition.org/errata/charlatan/steve_gibson/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: