Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Instant Buy, 1% Fee  (Read 3586 times)
kireinaha (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:46:56 PM

I`ve heard that if you link a credit card to your account on Coinbase, they`ll allow you to instantly buy 1 BTC per day. What I`m wondering, and what I hope someone can confirm is, if you keep a low balance in your bank account, they would then draw funds from the `backup` credit card, correct? From the customer`s perspective, wouldn`t this be ideal?

What I mean is, most of us with our dirty FIAT credit cards get rewards, such as 1% cash back. If we could `force` coinbase to utilize the credit card, would we not be essentially making exchanges for free (ie. nullifying the 1% coinbase exchange fee)? Anyone try this?

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bronco1769

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

Bump. Has anyone tried/had success with this?
KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:20:42 AM

I`ve heard that if you link a credit card to your account on Coinbase, they`ll allow you to instantly buy 1 BTC per day. What I`m wondering, and what I hope someone can confirm is, if you keep a low balance in your bank account, they would then draw funds from the `backup` credit card, correct? From the customer`s perspective, wouldn`t this be ideal?

What I mean is, most of us with our dirty FIAT credit cards get rewards, such as 1% cash back. If we could `force` coinbase to utilize the credit card, would we not be essentially making exchanges for free (ie. nullifying the 1% coinbase exchange fee)? Anyone try this?

First, the credit card must be a visa. Coinbase will not accept a mastercard for ID verification.

Second, you are right, the credit card will only be used if your bank account funds are low and they need additional funds to satisfy payment.

I don't know anything about 1% rewards but it could theoretically work.
xtrm

Activity: 153

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:59:05 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 03:34:34 AM by xtrm

What I mean is, most of us with our dirty FIAT credit cards get rewards, such as 1% cash back.

Credit card purchase may be coded as "cash advance" by the Bank and it wouldn't be counted for cash back either. In that case its not advisable to purchase with CC. YMMV
blackhathasher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:04:13 AM

This is probably a worthless post because it should go without saying... BUT

Coinbase REALLY needs to get a better handle on the Instant Buy deal... I mean... I am currently trying to obtain a friggen Visa card solely because I hate getting screwed over by Coinbase's 4 business day hold on purchases...

Gaw!

I am loath to use credit cards and this really doesn't sit well with me...

Coinbase... are you listening?

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:28:07 AM

This is probably a worthless post because it should go without saying... BUT

Coinbase REALLY needs to get a better handle on the Instant Buy deal... I mean... I am currently trying to obtain a friggen Visa card solely because I hate getting screwed over by Coinbase's 4 business day hold on purchases...

Gaw!

I am loath to use credit cards and this really doesn't sit well with me...

Coinbase... are you listening?

Yes
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:41:25 AM

Not brave enough to try this out considering you might get smacked with oodles of charges from your cc.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

It was so much better when they didn't need a CC to verify. I mean seriously my SS number and bank info isn't enough?
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:00:04 AM

why do they need a cc? can't you just wire the funds?
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:38:37 AM

They mark it as cash advance.  You won't get any rewards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: