Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why EOS is actually killing the market  (Read 492 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:10:28 AM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

I recently read a report by a trustable source the indicates how EOS, after sucking value from Ethereum during a year, has been selling large amounts to finance its operations and development. The only difference with the rest of the ICOs is the scale.

Just take a look at EOS account and how ETH is routinely sent to Bitfinex, sometimes indirectly. We are talking of several k ether at the time.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x546e864100513cbc499753a8d0e5962a598876b7

https://etherscan.io/address/0xfe652ea0bf0ab6085704c86912661ac914af0852

This is an example of the wall that is keeping the market low, due to companies that launch ICOs but don't really support crypto.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:04:26 PM

I;m quite surprised EOS was able to raise so much money.  EOS looks very overhyped to me and will most likely end up crashing soon.  I don't see it it competing with ethereum at all.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:01:32 PM

I also read something along these lines, basically when EOS finally launches they'll have so much ETH they could just dump it all to drive down ETH, and with the release people might jump ship to EOS.
Quite bad, but can their current sellings really affect the market in itself in such a large scale?
The demand for ETH isn't infinite, but why would it drive down the rest of the market?
Although surely it might have a part in it.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:42:55 PM

I would agree that the price of EOS today, is linked to the ETH's sales promoted by the developers of EOS. But I do not think they would be able to affect the whole market. Even because according to these wallets of your link, they do not sell for more than 2 months.

Now, it's not just them. Many other projects have raised a lot of ETH and BTC. And they are using these two coins to pump their own projects. That's why in the last 3 months I'm buying more of these two. Mostly BTC.
TeQuiero

Activity: 120
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:02:55 AM
Merited by paxmao (2), tbct_mt2 (1)

I recently read a report by a trustable source the indicates how EOS, after sucking value from Ethereum during a year, has been selling large amounts to finance its operations and development. The only difference with the rest of the ICOs is the scale.

Just take a look at EOS account and how ETH is routinely sent to Bitfinex, sometimes indirectly. We are talking of several k ether at the time.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x546e864100513cbc499753a8d0e5962a598876b7

https://etherscan.io/address/0xfe652ea0bf0ab6085704c86912661ac914af0852

This is an example of the wall that is keeping the market low, due to companies that launch ICOs but don't really support crypto.

It's unfaird to say EOS doesn't really support crypto. From EOS' dev team's stand point, they need money to expand their project and selling ETH is the only way. The problem is they sold too much at a time.

Btw, EOS is not the real market killer , Mt.Gox is. Some of the recent big dumps of bitcoin price were resulted from Mt. Gox's sell out thousands of bitcoins from its cold wallet. (https://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-trustee-sells-400-million-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash/)
Donovan XXL

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

They're doing what they need to do to crush the competition. I don't see any problem with that.
Now their final product better be good or the boomerang will hit them straight in the face.
ckcharlie

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:41:06 AM

very interesting. I think most large ICO's have this ability to sell off as they require for financing. i'm not sure if the amounts are large enough to drive the market down but maybe.
Leteravian

Activity: 322
Merit: 158

Türkçe/English/Deutsch/Earthling----@Marshal---

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:57:10 PM

Everyone is waiting to pass their own blockchain but they can escape. I would not be surprised if something like that ever matter.
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:29:09 PM

I recently read a report by a trustable source the indicates how EOS, after sucking value from Ethereum during a year.

And now they´ve started the swoop, I think is one of the worst ones I´ve seen. People are really confused about it and I wouldn´t be surprised if people lose their stuff not knowing where to store their new EOS coins.
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:16:03 PM

I recently read a report by a trustable source the indicates how EOS, after sucking value from Ethereum during a year.

And now they´ve started the swoop, I think is one of the worst ones I´ve seen. People are really confused about it and I wouldn´t be surprised if people lose their stuff not knowing where to store their new EOS coins.
There were a lot of announcments about this swap. So its better to keep them on exchange if you dont know how to register your EOS.
Binance did all the neccesery for their clients automatically
racebum

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:25:56 PM

the question i have with eos is literally....what will it do? like what daily function?

bitcoin, litecoin, bitcash, ether. they all have uses. they have uses you can measure today without hype.

Avalonist

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

the question i have with eos is literally....what will it do? like what daily function?

bitcoin, litecoin, bitcash, ether. they all have uses. they have uses you can measure today without hype.

And what does Litecoin have for today?
Failed attempt of trying to develop LitePay?
Its even more useless than EOS, and fair enough loses its top positions
bolawin
Copper Member

Activity: 246
Merit: 7

buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:44:04 PM

Yup EOS will crash very badly, people just dont realize it yet.
Ozkhan

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:43:38 PM

I don’t think that EOS would “kill” Ethereum. Their technologies have much in common so I think if EOS does well, also Ethereum would do well. If EOS would become a big think, I think also Ethereum becomes a big thing.
at the moment I am investing on Ethereum and not on EOS so I think it reveals my personal opinion.
My_name_is_Amicus

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

The mark of having a good education is in one's ability to evaluate and distinguish between conclusion's that are arrived at via factual evidence and/or speculative opinion.

I'm very interested in this report you mention, in particular, I'd like to ascertain;

Was the report published?
What was the aim of the report?
Who commissioned the report and what is their agenda?
Was the report balanced in it's content?
Were Eos given a right to reply?
Does the report clearly distinguish between opinion and fact?
What were the main recommendations of this report?

I understand if you don't have time to reply to each of these, so if you could direct me to the report, I can very quickly find out for myself.
XIANNE25

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 06:41:45 AM

Yeah I also read about this article.. The ethereum value were crashing down that time and found out that the huge dump are from the eos ethereum wallet.. I don't think  eos wanted to drag eth down, it was just happened that they need to have the fund for the further development of the project
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:32:27 PM

EOS has the potential to be great, but at the minute if you are an Eth holder they are an absolute nightmare!

The obscene amount of ETH raised in their ICO (every day for a year!) was simply eye watering and not necessary. With having a significant amount of ETH they are most definitely capable of surpressing the price of ETH for a long time, in the hope of making a platform that can rival them.

Dan Larimer knew what he was doing by raising all that money thats for sure.
Shitcointalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:27:01 AM

For sure it isn't helping Ethereum, but you could also say that they have been supporting the market (ETH) for a whole year with their ICO.

It just depends where you stand !
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:19:26 AM

EOS has the potential to be great, but at the minute if you are an Eth holder they are an absolute nightmare!
All ICOs cashing out the ETH they raised are a nightmare for Ethereum. That was inevitable.
mandoseran

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

Yeah I also read about this article.. The ethereum value were crashing down that time and found out that the huge dump are from the eos ethereum wallet.. I don't think  eos wanted to drag eth down, it was just happened that they need to have the fund for the further development of the project
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: