Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661417 times)
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:51:00 AM

So just to confirm, regardless of whether you sent in a NXT donation or simply expressed your interest in NEM before the cutoff page, all initial stakeholders on the list will receive an equal portion of NEM correct?

Also, will it later be possible to purchase additional NEM before launch? I really believe in this project so if there is any way to increase one's holdings (ethically of course, I'm not talking sockpuppets or anything) then I would be all for it!

Yes, all stakeholders in the list will receive an equal amount of NEM. I will figure a way to allow trading before the official launch to increase the liquidity and and establish NEM value but it will only happens when the list is finalized after taking out refunding list and adding in the waiting list.

Thanks for your support. It is an open question on what kind of value NEM can reach upon trading starts.

That is great, I have about 25 NEM accounts, so I'll definitely be selling several of those, but probably keep about 15.

That is not possible, coz "I" means 1 and it is not equal to 25.
25 would require 25 people. Can you split into 25 persons?
Well, I doubt ... and think that your story is not true as you are not even interested in counting the exact number of "your accounts" Smiley

We should respect his words because he had 20 thousand Bitcoin when Bitcoin was 10 cent. He may even be Satoshi himself.

O' ... that would explain his/hers regardlessness of money and the amounts of money.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:20:59 AM

I don't understand why people with multiple sockpuppets maliciously brag about the number of stakes they have. Why would they do it?
  • To satisfy some sort of egotistical attention-seeking craving.
  • To attempt to discredit NEM's distribution.
Either or, they need to be proven wrong or ignored.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:32:33 AM

I don't understand why people with multiple sockpuppets maliciously brag about the number of stakes they have. Why would they do it?

The ones with multiple accounts will be the first to sell anyway and therefore distribute NEM even more!  I submitted artwork and donated so wishfully hoping for two full servings of NEM please Smiley

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:42:18 AM

The ones with multiple accounts will be the first to sell anyway and therefore distribute NEM even more!  I submitted artwork and donated so wishfully hoping for two full servings of NEM please Smiley

Couldn't agree more. That's why I was actually relieved that the guy with (supposedly) 90 stakes was trying to sell them before launch.

It's also quite interesting that these large sockpuppeteers never seem to know exactly how many stakes they own. Bit odd...

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:58:19 AM

I think they're just trolls with an agenda. At least most of them.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

Maybe the 2nd ...

The responsibility to prove is usually on the prosecutor's side. But first should exist the "crime". No crime, no need to prove  Wink

swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:30:45 AM

I was browsing the NXT thread which I learned about after someone pointed out how to get a stake in NEM. In the NXT thread is a guy who has all the stats on those who forge. The distribution really isn't that wide.  It drives home the complaint about NXT being true. (A few large stakeholders) So now we have guys showing up on here trying to discredit NEM by putting it under the same umbrella as NXT. It makes perfect sense as NEM is probably the biggest threat to NXT at the moment from what I see.

L-O-L internet.

Since forging isn't intended as a means of distribution, how is that relevant?

I'm a NEM stakeholder and cautiously optimistic for its prospects... but to be honest, the bulk of what I see here are logos and bitching/complaining/defending NEM's stakes. In Nxt-land we're banging out the last few client bugs in the asset exchange. Not a lot here to make a reasonable Nxt holder shake at the knees.

This is said with much respect as a NEM holder -- any notion that negativity is coming from Nxters is a fairy tale, we're too busy testing and coding new services (I only visit this thread once a week to check stakeholder status).

I'm bullish on Nxt and hopeful for NEM. Hopefully there will be less negativity here once the refunds happen.

I've got a lot of respect for utopianfuture, because he could've pulled the plug like the eMunie drama but he hasn't let the trolls ruffle his feathers. Nice work, utopianfuture!
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:37:46 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 02:53:30 AM by jkoil

I was browsing the NXT thread which I learned about after someone pointed out how to get a stake in NEM. In the NXT thread is a guy who has all the stats on those who forge. The distribution really isn't that wide.  It drives home the complaint about NXT being true. (A few large stakeholders) So now we have guys showing up on here trying to discredit NEM by putting it under the same umbrella as NXT. It makes perfect sense as NEM is probably the biggest threat to NXT at the moment from what I see.

L-O-L internet.

I'm a NEM stakeholder and cautiously optimistic for its prospects... but to be honest, the bulk of what I see here are logos and bitching/complaining/defending NEM's stakes. In Nxt-land we're banging out the last few client bugs in the asset exchange. Not a lot here to make a reasonable Nxt holder shake at the knees.

This is said with much respect as a NEM holder -- any notion that negativity is coming from Nxters is a fairy tale, we're too busy testing and coding new services (I only visit this thread once a week to check stakeholder status).

I guess that is quite optimistic Smiley  
Likely not all are testing and coding. 1 - 2 weeks ago it was talked about hoarding Smiley

(I meant not to poke NXT or Nexters, as I support both NXT and NEM - just trying to pick up the facts and possibilities)
chen15168

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:39:07 AM

Cool !!  Cool!! Grin
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:55:52 AM

I was browsing the NXT thread which I learned about after someone pointed out how to get a stake in NEM. In the NXT thread is a guy who has all the stats on those who forge. The distribution really isn't that wide.  It drives home the complaint about NXT being true. (A few large stakeholders) So now we have guys showing up on here trying to discredit NEM by putting it under the same umbrella as NXT. It makes perfect sense as NEM is probably the biggest threat to NXT at the moment from what I see.

L-O-L internet.

Likely not all are testing and coding. 1 - 2 weeks ago it was talked about hoarding Smiley

So you find one or two people and that means every Nxt holder is fearful of NEM? We're all trolling against NEM now?

False narratives don't make NEM stronger, new/differentiating features make NEM stronger. Whipping up false drama and controversy to give you a sense that NEM is a threat and all the big dogs are gunning for you is counterproductive.

I'm going to go back to the secret Nxt hideout where we pretend to test the asset exchange but secretly tremble in fear of NEM Tongue

Good luck, NEMers. I think we have a lot to look forward to here in the next few months!
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:56:26 AM

Im on the waiting list and Im really hoping to get in. I just got into this crypto scene. Its so weird compared to everyday life. A whole world I didnt know existed.

I was just at another place on this site where they are like a bunch of lunatics, purposely forking coins ( I know what it is now! )
 :)that they think are bad.

Then I see here where everyone is excited about a coin. Wow what a difference. The crypto world is amazing. Would you say this is still considered the beginning? Of the crypto world?

jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:59:11 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 03:09:36 AM by jkoil

L-O-L internet.

So you find one or two people and that means every Nxt holder is fearful of NEM? We're all trolling against NEM now?

False narratives don't make NEM stronger, new/differentiating features make NEM stronger. Whipping up false drama and controversy to give you a sense that NEM is a threat and all the big dogs are gunning for you is counterproductive.

I'm going to go back to the secret Nxt hideout where we pretend to test the asset exchange but secretly tremble in fear of NEM Tongue

Good luck, NEMers. I think we have a lot to look forward to here in the next few months!

Apparently you missed my edition in the prev post.

Who is saying "every Nxt holder is fearful of NEM" ? ? ?
Who is "Whipping up false drama " ?

Edit:
Look who's talking Smiley
That would be the first task. After that can be evaluated, what is the drama, who is overreacting, and who has the whip Smiley
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:15:12 AM

So just to confirm, regardless of whether you sent in a NXT donation or simply expressed your interest in NEM before the cutoff page, all initial stakeholders on the list will receive an equal portion of NEM correct?

Also, will it later be possible to purchase additional NEM before launch? I really believe in this project so if there is any way to increase one's holdings (ethically of course, I'm not talking sockpuppets or anything) then I would be all for it!

Yes, all stakeholders in the list will receive an equal amount of NEM. I will figure a way to allow trading before the official launch to increase the liquidity and and establish NEM value but it will only happens when the list is finalized after taking out refunding list and adding in the waiting list.

Thanks for your support. It is an open question on what kind of value NEM can reach upon trading starts.

That is great, I have about 25 NEM accounts, so I'll definitely be selling several of those, but probably keep about 15.

That is not possible, coz "I" means 1 and it is not equal to 25.
25 would require 25 people. Can you split into 25 persons?
Well, I doubt ... and think that your story is not true as you are not even interested in counting the exact number of "your accounts" Smiley

We should respect his words because he had 20 thousand Bitcoin when Bitcoin was 10 cent. He may even be Satoshi himself.

Should we repect your words, you've only been in crypto for a couple months, oh let me guess "I've been in crypto a long time, but only recently joined BTT"  I wouldn't worry about me, I know at least 2 guys with 50+ NEM accounts, and they are notorious pump and dumpers.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

Should we repect your words, you've only been in crypto for a couple months, oh let me guess "I've been in crypto a long time, but only recently joined BTT"  I wouldn't worry about me, I know at least 2 guys with 50+ NEM accounts, and they are notorious pump and dumpers.

You know them ... are they your friends?
What is your opinion about pump & dump?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:35:58 AM

L-O-L internet.

(I meant not to poke NXT or Nexters, as I support both NXT and NEM - just trying to pick up the facts and possibilities)

I'm a NEM stakeholder and I've been involved with Nxt since the beginning.  I can say honestly say that the majority of Nxters are pulling for NEM and hope it succeeds.  I can't remember anyone discussing NEM in the massive Nxt thread.  Swartzfeger is right, Nxters are far too busy to be negative about other crypto's. 
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:37:42 AM

Out who you can out, but beyond that, don't waste time with these fucking idiots.  "I know a guy with 500 sockpuppets!, I have 90 myself lol!!!!!!111one"

Blah Blah Blah, Sure you do, asshole.

So where do we stand, utopian?  What is the path forward from here?

Edited to add:  Some people choose to be miserable and love to spread misery.  The sun is always shining, clouds just get in the way sometimes. 
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:50:10 AM

Don't know anyone here personally, but I recognize usernames in the NEM stakeholder thread, been here a long time and they do it with every IPO except a few. Made a lot pumping and dumping, once I see an alt hit top 10 crytpocap, I dump it all. 
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:51:20 AM

I was browsing the NXT thread which I learned about after someone pointed out how to get a stake in NEM. In the NXT thread is a guy who has all the stats on those who forge. The distribution really isn't that wide.  It drives home the complaint about NXT being true. (A few large stakeholders) So now we have guys showing up on here trying to discredit NEM by putting it under the same umbrella as NXT. It makes perfect sense as NEM is probably the biggest threat to NXT at the moment from what I see.

L-O-L internet.

We did an analysis about two months ago of the NXT forging fee distribution:

I did a quick analysis on the distribution of forging fees. It looks like 95% of fees are going to accounts of at least 10M. So, there's really no incentive for anyone with less than 10M to forge. I think we can do better.

NXT
Total Fees 766363
Blocks 56322
Fee/Block 13.61

10000 8478 1.11%
100000 13751 0.69%
1000000 28774 1.96%
10000000 366177 44.03%
100000000 761813 51.63%
1000000000 766363 0.59%

One more table showing that only 161 (~0.7%) accounts made at least 100 NXT in forging fees.

Total Fees # Accounts
1 621
10 351
100 161
1000 54
10000 13
100000 1
1000000 0

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:53:19 AM

Should we repect your words, you've only been in crypto for a couple months, oh let me guess "I've been in crypto a long time, but only recently joined BTT"  I wouldn't worry about me, I know at least 2 guys with 50+ NEM accounts, and they are notorious pump and dumpers.

Don't know anyone here personally, but I recognize usernames in the NEM stakeholder thread, been here a long time and they do it with every IPO except a few. Made a lot pumping and dumping, once I see an alt hit top 10 crytpocap, I dump it all.  

So, you are saying that because they are in the stakeholder list they must have 50+ accounts? Or, these people who you don't know personally told you that they have 50+ accounts?

NEM - nem.io
zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:20:53 AM

Any Plans to put some funds aside for bounties, giveaways and faucets? I think both are a good idea. Bounties help it grow. Faucets and giveaways attract new people to the coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: