Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:02:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661417 times)
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

I've let myself merge my logo with oliviern's. I'm not superb happy with result, but here it goes:

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stadtfeger

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:43:44 PM

How can i make a pic inside?
norti

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:43:54 PM

They look pretty cool but they also look a little ancient for the NEW economy movement Smiley Just my 2 cents.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
I think gold might not have been the best choice, so I have tried my best to modernize the proposal a bit. Smiley

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12310976814_e092252835_n.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/12311129706_d3d6d18c17_n.jpg
norti

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:46:31 PM

How can i make a pic inside?

You mean how to post a picture? You can post a picture by providing a link to a picture within img tags, for example like this:

Code:
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/12311129706_d3d6d18c17_n.jpg[/img]
StylishStarfish7

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:52:47 PM

I've let myself merge my logo with oliviern's. I'm not superb happy with result, but here it goes:
https://i.imgur.com/mCp2Kb6.png

Looks like a Dorito
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:12:24 PM

So am I the only one who has associated the acronym POS with something other than proof of stake for decades???
ejhuff

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

So am I the only one who has associated the acronym POS with something other than proof of stake for decades???

No.  And I thought the whole point of strong crypto was to make it impossible to forge blocks.
ejhuff

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:33:22 PM

Regarding the copyright notice on NEM source code:

https://github.com/NxtEM/nem/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

Code:
The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright (c) 2014 Jaguar0625

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), ...

vs. https://github.com/NxtEM/nem/blob/master/nxt_0.4.7e/MIT-license.txt

Code:
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 BCNext and the Nxt core developers.

I believe it is necessary for the new file to read as follows:

Code:
The MIT License (MIT)

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:35:18 AM

They look pretty cool but they also look a little ancient for the NEW economy movement Smiley Just my 2 cents.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
I think gold might not have been the best choice, so I have tried my best to modernize the proposal a bit. Smiley

This is really great! We should make a "white" version too.
This is such a great design that we could probably make t-shirts/leather jackets with this coin on it.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:40:58 AM

No.  And I thought the whole point of strong crypto was to make it impossible to forge blocks.

Point being that if NEM truly is marketing to the myriad of girlfriends, toddlers, and dogs that make up a large portion of the stakeholders, might try to not use acronyms the rest of the world uses for something different.

This would garner a laugh but no serious attention from most of the US population that saw it.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:25:12 AM

and another thing for our sw dev team... we seriously should consider using more complex addresses that incorporate error detecting codes that forging nodes can verify, so the forging node can reject a transmission should a sending node develop memory errors, and so the network can reject a forging node's block should the forging node develop memory errors.

Imagine the scenario were a high volume server that processes TONS of transactions and that server starts going bad...
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:30:22 AM

Point being that if NEM truly is marketing to the myriad of girlfriends, toddlers, and dogs that make up a large portion of the stakeholders, might try to not use acronyms the rest of the world uses for something different.

This would garner a laugh but no serious attention from most of the US population that saw it.

POS works like "No Envy Movement".  Without being knowledgable about altcoin world, no one has any clue what the "envy" relates to.

In the same regard, the use of POS usually stands for piece of s***.  This is what will pop out in many American's head who sees it outside altcoin context.  At least it will be more common than "proof of stake".

dwma

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:32:40 AM

and another thing for our sw dev team... we seriously should consider using more complex addresses that incorporate error detecting codes that forging nodes can verify, so the forging node can reject a transmission should a sending node develop memory errors, and so the network can reject a forging node's block should the forging node develop memory errors.

Imagine the scenario were a high volume server that processes TONS of transactions and that server starts going bad...

Yes, please use error detecting codes.  2 digits added to the code should be plenty to store a CRC, yet not really hurt the coin in any way.  If you make addresses alphanumeric, then you could shorten the codes and still encode a wider range of inputs + checksum tech.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:14:15 AM

Update: the stakeholder list is updated to the end of page 40. So I finally catch up with the list. The account count is over 2200 but this number will drop quite a bit when we delete all unqualified accounts and duplicate accounts. There is only 1 duplicate hash fraudster in the last 10 pages so it looks like this guy has temporarily give up.

Kooream has been working on an audition of registration thread 1 and his earlier report shows that there are quite a few fraudsters there. One more issue is that many people who are initially unqualified now come back, edit the post and claim their place.  Since thread 1 is unregulated, there is no easy way to deal with that issue. Perhaps, we should look at the transaction's time stamp to determine if a transaction in a later date is qualified or not. Nevertheless, no change in stakeholder list- thread 1 will be made until Kooream's and my audition of the thread 1 is over.

UP

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
dwma

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:18:03 AM

Update: the stakeholder list is updated to the end of page 40. So I finally catch up with the list. The account count is over 2200 but this number will drop quite a bit when we delete all unqualified accounts and duplicate accounts. There is only 1 duplicate hash fraudster in the last 10 pages so it looks like this guy has temporarily give up.

Kooream has been working on an audition of registration thread 1 and his earlier report shows that there are quite a few fraudsters there. One more issue is that many people who are initially unqualified now come back, edit the post and claim their place.  Since thread 1 is unregulated, there is no easy way to deal with that issue. Perhaps, we should look at the transaction's time stamp to determine if a transaction in a later date is qualified or not. Nevertheless, no change in stakeholder list- thread 1 will be made until Kooream's and my audition of the thread 1 is over.

UP

Save all pages to disk ?  It'd take a few minutes.  Click/file/save as/next page.  Then you have a snapshot.  If you are going to give people ideas then you should probably put up counter-measures.  Good work though.

edit - I clicked on Print and saw this whole thread in one page.  So go click print on the other thread, and save the html.  Easy !
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:31:24 AM

Kooream has been working on an audition of registration thread 1 and his earlier report shows that there are quite a few fraudsters there. One more issue is that many people who are initially unqualified now come back, edit the post and claim their place.  Since thread 1 is unregulated, there is no easy way to deal with that issue. Perhaps, we should look at the transaction's time stamp to determine if a transaction in a later date is qualified or not. Nevertheless, no change in stakeholder list- thread 1 will be made until Kooream's and my audition of the thread 1 is over.

UP

Save all pages to disk ?  It'd take a few minutes.  Click/file/save as/next page.  Then you have a snapshot.  If you are going to give people ideas then you should probably put up counter-measures.  Good work though.

edit - I clicked on Print and saw this whole thread in one page.  So go click print on the other thread, and save the html.  Easy !

Good idea. I save the whole registration thread 1 in pdf and also save the thread 2. I will save a new version anytime an update is made.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:16:53 AM

Regarding the copyright notice on NEM source code:

I believe it is necessary for the new file to read as follows:

Code:
The MIT License (MIT)

Once we finalize the decision to rewrite or not rewrite, I'll update the license appropriately. I think in the case where it is a full rewrite, we don't need to change the license.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:19:05 AM

Yes, please use error detecting codes.  2 digits added to the code should be plenty to store a CRC, yet not really hurt the coin in any way.  If you make addresses alphanumeric, then you could shorten the codes and still encode a wider range of inputs + checksum tech.

We have a plan for that and are aiming to release our development plan this weekend to get feedback from the community.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:23:03 AM

POS works like "No Envy Movement".  Without being knowledgable about altcoin world, no one has any clue what the "envy" relates to.

In the same regard, the use of POS usually stands for piece of s***.  This is what will pop out in many American's head who sees it outside altcoin context.  At least it will be more common than "proof of stake".

We have been considering moving away from a pure-POS forging mechanism and creating a hybrid POS/proof-of-network (PON) forging scheme that will better reward the people running NEM nodes since each node adds value and redundancy to the NEM network.

NEM - nem.io
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:38:34 AM

utopianfuture

I have been listed twice under ashapasa Shocked. I only paid for one and i posted it twice because i did no know what a hash number was Cry. in the first post

please delete one, before i am labeled as a fraudster.

sorry, i am new to all this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: