Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 08:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661444 times)
Hacer88

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:04:23 AM

1. How to get independency from BTC
2. How to transfer value from the real world to NEM in a direct way (so then merchant can use directly)
3. How to establish an easy fiat-NEM exchange that goes in line with point 2
1. Independency from BTC will be only achieved when you can exchange fiat directly into NEM without BTC in the middle. We should as a community now think about funding a site that offers that possibility. Or maybe contacting Graviton about when is he about to implement fiat in dgex...

2. Most merchants will accept NEM only if we get enough buzz around it. As dogecoin can be used to buy real life stuff, can NEM sure as hell be used to buy stuff! It just depends on how aggressive is our marketing plan. Oh an by the way there should be a marketing plan comprised for NEM, so anyone up for the task go ahead!

3. I don't think there is a easy way. The easiest could be to get NEM into an already existing exchange. Trying to come up with an exchange with ourselves is something that I fear will be a horrible task. But if anyone feels up for the task he should go ahead by all means! Otherwise Graviton, I believe, is trying to get dgex into accepting fiat.. Maybe he could do it or then we should contact some other exchanges. But realistically we wont have a chance into getting into any exchange without donations, because NEM will be a new and volatile coin with no guarantees.

In order to disconnect NEM from BTC, we will need a fiat -> NEM exchange. In the US coinbase is the only way to convert fiat to BTC. They've gotten lots of venture funding (so it's probably legal). If anyone can figure out the legality of it, I will be willing to help build an exchange.

+1000

So who has the legal part covered?

If merchants have to convert to BTC this is bad

NXT was added to DGEX first. They distributed the coins in that way.

Then NXT was added to Bter. NXT > CNY was possible
Today it will be added to AtomicTrade. So NXT > USD is possible.

I think it was a good process of them.

NXT - NEM - NAS - NFD
ella766i

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:07:07 AM

Smiley I like this project!

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 07:10:36 AM

Do you not understand how damaging it is for your community when the main dev takes away a person's stake because he doesn't like what they say?

You have to understand that I wanted to make it very easy for you. It was just a simple question. Because to be honest. I want you back. You just had to say yes.

But it's clear that you want to do it the hard way. Please proceed with your way. I won't respond anymore.

Did I ever say that I didn't want my stake?  Why are stakeholders threatened with removal if they voice their opinion?

2kool4Skewl personally I would want a senior member like u to be part of this movement, they say u were a major influence and contributor to NXT, but some of your earlier posts suits not a person with such a reputation.   

you want to stay or leave?  I would love it if u stayed and become one of our community leaders, but if you just want to troll  Cry . its just sad.

+1

Just say that you are interested in NEM.

I already said I was "super interested" once.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4611424#msg4611424

I was never asked.  I was forcefully removed.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:14:26 AM

Do you not understand how damaging it is for your community when the main dev takes away a person's stake because he doesn't like what they say?

You have to understand that I wanted to make it very easy for you. It was just a simple question. Because to be honest. I want you back. You just had to say yes.

But it's clear that you want to do it the hard way. Please proceed with your way. I won't respond anymore.

Did I ever say that I didn't want my stake?  Why are stakeholders threatened with removal if they voice their opinion?

2kool4Skewl personally I would want a senior member like u to be part of this movement, they say u were a major influence and contributor to NXT, but some of your earlier posts suits not a person with such a reputation.   

you want to stay or leave?  I would love it if u stayed and become one of our community leaders, but if you just want to troll  Cry . its just sad.

+1

I already said I was "super interested" once.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4611424#msg4611424

Let's stop talking about this for days. It won't do any good. (I myself have to hold back really bad cuz usually I'm all about discussions Smiley )

@2Kewl: You only need to state that your wan't in and utopian will add you back. Plz don't say you already stated it once and bla bla bla. Let's just resolve this Smiley

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:19:24 AM

+1

You are still talking about the removal.

We are not asking if you were interested once.

We are asking if you still are interested. We can understand your feelings. But this is the situation now.

Situation sketched for you;

- 2Kool4Skewl said yes to nem! Woohoo!
- 2Kool4Skewl removed from the list because nobody knows if he is really interested or not.  Embarrassed
- 2Kool4Skewl asked by everyone to join and express his interest so he can be added to the list again.  Cheesy

So. You are still talking about the first two points. Bu everyone here is interested in the last point I described.
After your answer. We can talk how innovative NEM is and make good product together.

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:22:50 AM

- 2Kool4Skewl removed from the list because nobody knows if he is really interested or not.  Embarrassed
- 2Kool4Skewl asked by everyone to join and express his interest so he can be added to the list again.  Cheesy

Who came to the conclusion he is not interested anymore? What happened?
Fatih87SK

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:24:10 AM

Who came to the conclusion he is not interested anymore? What happened?

Read the story a couple of pages back.

Fatih87SK

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:27:41 AM

UP just add 2Kool4Skewl to the list again.

Obviously he wants to get back again, but he is not great at communication. He is just talking about the past.

So it will be the best for us all to add him.

Then we can talk about NEM again.

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:31:38 AM

Hi Vladimircook,

Nem is a pointless clone currency.  It offers no features that Nxt does not already possess.  A significant amount of funds have been taken from individuals and they are going to get nothing for it.  That is unethical.

This?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:33:52 AM

IMO there is nothing wrong with the way this is handled. First it clearly states temporarily , so nothing irreversible.

Second, there is a difference between being critical to the project (by stating things you dislike/would like to see otherwise and giving suggestions how you like to see it) and just posting how shit a project is.
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:34:47 AM

If 2Kool4Skewl is added back to the list, is he going to spread FUD and continue bad mouthing NEM? I mean why would he be interested if he has such negative feelings towards Nem? Perhaps we should just donate his former stake.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Fatih87SK

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:43:38 AM

Hi Vladimircook,

Nem is a pointless clone currency.  It offers no features that Nxt does not already possess.  A significant amount of funds have been taken from individuals and they are going to get nothing for it.  That is unethical.

This?

That and like 30 other posts like this. He was so negative about NEM, the community didn't know what to do with all those negative comments.

It was a horror to watch all those discussions. Then we asked ourselfs; is 2Kool4Skewl really interested in NEM or is he going to destroy NEM? What is very logical after all those negative comments of 2Kool4Skewl.

UP then came with the next announcement;

I temporarily took 2Kool4Skewl from NEM stakeholder list as I understand that he does not want to be there. In the first 20 pages of the fundraising, many people do not entirely understand about the scope as well as purpose of NEM so it was easy just to post "interested" there by a mistake. Contrary to what used to be in the first page of the fundraising thread , NEM do offer refund after the announcement of detail development plan (probably in 2 weeks or so) so if someone does not feel they fit in with NEM community, they can leave voluntarily.

As written in ournem.com, at this stage NEM is first of all a community of which people share a certain ideas and goals and we going to build NEM/ Nemcoin as our decentralized payment platform together as we go along. I see no reason to keep people that are unhappy with NEM and this approach. There are no coins to share yet so it is not like we are taking anything from anyone. If 2Kool4Skewl wants to join back in, just say so before I make the unified stakeholder list and I will add him in.  

The majority of NEM funding comes from Bitcoin and only about 30% of NEM stakeholders appear in NXT discussion before (see an excellent statistics by newcn) so I see NXT and NEM having quite a different demographics, also different technology and purposes. While I think there is a certain aspect of competition between the two blockchain, we can learn from each others as well. Some are developers of both NXT and NEM and they work across the aisle and I think that is a good thing. It will help advancing experiments and innovations in more directions. Compared to Bitcoin and other POW coins, NXT and NEM have more similarity and we can join force to emphasize our strength in a green economical network and highlight the problems with the computational arm-races used by Bitcoin and other POW coins. Let's focus on cooperation and innovation instead of envy and hatred as that are also  NEM's core concepts and principles.

He said temporarily.

After that everyone expected an answer of 2Kool4Skewl. If he is really interested in NEM or not. But he is still talking about the past. And about the removal of his stake.

I think 2Kool4Skewl is really interested. But cannot express it in the right way.

Because if he were not. He wouldn't answer all these questions and just go away.

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:57:26 AM

Obviously he wants to get back again, but he is not great at communication. He is just talking about the past.

I think he is superinterested  Smiley . Guys lets end it here. We should ask UP to put him back. There is no need to get him to say the exact words thats insulting  Sad . We are or should be better then that.

j23a

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:59:34 AM

I think he is superinterested  Smiley . Guys lets end it here. We should ask UP to put him back. There is no need to get him to say the exact words thats insulting  Sad . We are or should be better then that.

He seems to hate the coin, even if he's interested.

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:02:06 AM

A man can always change his mind Smiley , I believe in second chances and underdogs.
j23a

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:03:28 AM

A man can always change his mind Smiley , I believe in second chances and underdogs.

He always wanted the coin, but I don't think his feelings about the coin have changed.

j23a

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

The vibe that I get from this 2Kool4Skewl guy goes totally against what NEM is trying to stand for. According to an earlier post he's an original investor in NXT or got them close to nothing. That probably gives him a lot of power at the exchanges, and after having a taste of that power, he cannot stand the idea of hundreds of people having an equal amount. I mean that's just my personal vibe, after seeing how easy it is to manipulate the exchanges. I cannot even sell NXTs unless I sell it at a cheaper price from somebody wanting to do a quick sell, because if I do it the other way then immediately after somebody post 100NXT at a cheaper price. And with Nem these people would lose such power to manipulate things.

That's just my vibe.

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:23:28 AM

The vibe that I get from this 2Kool4Skewl guy goes totally against what NEM is trying to stand for. According to an earlier post he's an original investor in NXT or got them close to nothing. That probably gives him a lot of power at the exchanges, and after having a taste of that power, he cannot stand the idea of hundreds of people having an equal amount. I mean that's just my personal vibe, after seeing how easy it is to manipulate the exchanges. I cannot even sell NXTs unless I sell it at a cheaper price from somebody wanting to do a quick sell, because if I do it the other way then immediately after somebody post 100NXT at a cheaper price. And with Nem these people would lose such power to manipulate things.

That's just my vibe.

My main concern is that Nem and Nxt have the exact same stated goal: "The creation of a new economic movement."  I full-heartedly support this objective.  I do not believe a division of resources best serves this purpose.

I also don't like to see people giving away their Nxt for nothing, which at this time, is what they have done.  They have given it away for the promise of something in the future.  When I posted "interested", I didn't know that Nem was going to start collecting Nxt and Btc.  I think this collection is unethical, because I can't see anything worthy of a dev fund.

I try to be honest and fair in all my dealings.  My intent is to strengthen "the new economic movement" not destroy it.  I know the true economic movement was started with NXT by BCNext and I will support it to the end.  Remember, I am the one that stated, "Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
TechKing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

Hello all!
I suggest using this logo for NEM. This is not a coin, it is necessary to deviate from a circular shape.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ViEyNAdjQXc/UwX-9x0pCEI/AAAAAAAABW8/b_ya6okDsmY/w500-h709-no/nem.jpg

so cool! i like this logo  Grin
Eadeqa

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:30:56 AM

The vibe that I get from this 2Kool4Skewl guy goes totally against what NEM is trying to stand for.

This is irrelevant. He should no be removed for posting his opinion.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: