Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920049 times)
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:09:17 PM

This transaction occured during the switchover to POS:

Date: 2015-08-21 14:26
To: P9HPU3HsjuKYx8pFRAUZaE55hj7ZnrMwcy
Credit: 11.42627039 POT
Net amount: +11.42627039 POT
Transaction ID: 593274e0e6861078684655b62588ebf3d32df7aa63f7270628703da1e122bd8f

Wallet transaction status shows Unconfirmed (-1 of 3 confirmations)

tried -rescan on restart no change.

Nowhere to be found in blockchain... gone to never never land?

From whence did the funds come? Whoever sent them is who needs to rescan for the missing transaction and then retransmit it if they find it.
My bet is that it was sent on one of the forked chains, it won't show up in the receiving address because its not on the main chain. You need to contact whoever controls the originating address.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 09:12:13 PM

From whence did the funds come? Whoever sent them is who needs to rescan for the missing transaction and then retransmit it if they find it.

Yep, that process already started.  Contacted sender.

From mining pool, after PoW terminated.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:22:52 PM

Yep, that process already started.  Contacted sender.

From mining pool, after PoW terminated.

Good luck. In theory they should still have all the funds that were sent to the wrong chain, they just have to recover them and retransmit all the erroneous txs.
fyubr

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:49:56 AM

Transaction ID: 593274e0e6861078684655b62588ebf3d32df7aa63f7270628703da1e122bd8f

Do what rdyoung said and you should be fine, I just sent you the amount you lost incase you can't get it back though Smiley
fyubr

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:11:58 AM

For Anyone looking to help Potcoin move forward please consider joining this discussion, I know I will Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3ijngb/potcoin_giveaway_ideathoughts/
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:54:49 PM

It is so futile to use reddit or ANY other means, besides this one, since only a very, very, extremely very few, reads any of it.... That would be number one. But even more importantly, what the fuck is going on with the inability to withdraw from the main exchanges? It's been MANY weeks and still no solution in sight? This is simply outrageous... Is the main developer going to answer this question and offer some kind of plausible explanation and, perhaps, a detailed what is being done to solve this of just continue avoiding it altogether?

This is a very interesting project going -was- in the right direction with the adoption of POSv... which is quickly becoming just another POS ... in the traditional meaning of the nomenclature...
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:25:37 PM

It is so futile to use reddit or ANY other means, besides this one, since only a very, very, extremely very few, reads any of it.... That would be number one. But even more importantly, what the fuck is going on with the inability to withdraw from the main exchanges? It's been MANY weeks and still no solution in sight? This is simply outrageous... Is the main developer going to answer this question and offer some kind of plausible explanation and, perhaps, a detailed what is being done to solve this of just continue avoiding it altogether?

This is a very interesting project going -was- in the right direction with the adoption of POSv... which is quickly becoming just another POS ... in the traditional meaning of the nomenclature...

Reddit is where the devs are posting, NOT here. If you had kept up on reddit you would know whats going on with the exchanges, you would know that poloniex is back on, bittrex is waiting for the upgrade error to go away and cryptsy, who the fuck knows. As far as I know there are other exchanges to buy/sell, your not stuck with only the top 3.

As far as pot becoming just another pos coin, I have to disagree on that one. The move to POSv2.0 was a smart one, despite the overall rate being 5-6%, the individual stake rate is looking to be about 15% while most coins are not staking. POSv2.0 splits the 5-6% of the total supply among the actively staking coins, the fewer coins active, the higher the stake rate for the coins that are.

TLDR; Reddit is the place to interact with the devs, we are waiting for cryptsy and bitt to get off their ass and the stake rate will likely always be higher than 5-6%, I estimate we bottom out and start averaging 7-8% minimum.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:11:33 AM

Reddit is where the devs are posting, NOT here. If you had kept up on reddit you would know whats going on with the exchanges, you would know that poloniex is back on, bittrex is waiting for the upgrade error to go away and cryptsy, who the fuck knows. As far as I know there are other exchanges to buy/sell, your not stuck with only the top 3.

As far as pot becoming just another pos coin, I have to disagree on that one. The move to POSv2.0 was a smart one, despite the overall rate being 5-6%, the individual stake rate is looking to be about 15% while most coins are not staking. POSv2.0 splits the 5-6% of the total supply among the actively staking coins, the fewer coins active, the higher the stake rate for the coins that are.

TLDR; Reddit is the place to interact with the devs, we are waiting for cryptsy and bitt to get off their ass and the stake rate will likely always be higher than 5-6%, I estimate we bottom out and start averaging 7-8% minimum.

I know that Mintcoin had a much higher stake rate than stated as most were not staking, and eventually those that just were staking and waiting did *very* well with it.

This being the first Potcoin and having a good staking system like POSv, along with increasing legalization efforts make it a very strong contender long term, imho. Assuming they do well with marketing and making this a very stable functional coin over time.

(I am sure Cryptsy will get the wallet updated eventually, and asking them does help...)

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:19:23 AM

PoS was meant to mean Piece of Shit... it seems you did not get it.

Other than that, I am probably thje staunchest supporter of PoSv in Pot Coin. Problem is that AGES continue going by, and the shit doesn't work because no one can stake since a huge portion of coins is stuck in the main exchanges and no one can withdraw them. This is just unthinkable. And even more so the no-explanation that has transpired either here -where EVERYONE is- of anywhere else, like reddit where half a dozen people or so visits. Devs should post where people go to know, which is HERE.

Then again, they should also come with ANTICIPATED solutions to clear to see problems, like this horrible transition but...
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:27:11 AM

I know that Mintcoin had a much higher stake rate than stated as most were not staking, and eventually those that just were staking and waiting did *very* well with it.

This being the first Potcoin and having a good staking system like POSv, along with increasing legalization efforts make it a very strong contender long term, imho. Assuming they do well with marketing and making this a very stable functional coin over time.

(I am sure Cryptsy will get the wallet updated eventually, and asking them does help...)

My understanding is that mintcoin started out with 20% or so as the rate and it declines every year. POSv2.0 is different than the POS algo that mintcoin is using, with POSv2.0 the stake rate is based on the money supply and shared with those actively staking and supporting the network, right now we have 30% of the supply actively staking, this means that we can expect earnings equaling about 15%/year before compounding which will bring it up to 16 or 17%. As more coins come online the stake rate for the active coins will drop but I doubt we will ever see more than 50-75% of the coins active at any given time.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:33:29 AM

Other than that, I am probably thje staunchest supporter of PoSv in Pot Coin. Problem is that AGES continue going by, and the shit doesn't work because no one can stake since a huge portion of coins is stuck in the main exchanges and no one can withdraw them. This is just unthinkable. And even more so the no-explanation that has transpired either here -where EVERYONE is- of anywhere else, like reddit where half a dozen people or so visits. Devs should post where people go to know, which is HERE.

Then again, they should also come with ANTICIPATED solutions to clear to see problems, like this horrible transition but...

Yes, I did get what you meant by POS. Did you not understand what "I disagree" means? It means I think your wrong. Where is this hostility coming from?
POTcoin is one of those times where you can either take a risk and be part of the revolution or lose big time, OR you can do nothing and be able to gloat if it crashes but be kicking yourself for not investing.

I will repeat, reddit IS where the discussion is happening. Maybe you haven't noticed but when someone from potlabs posts here they link to a reddit post. What does that tell you? Answer: The devs are active on reddit and not here. I will also repeat, its not the devs fault that cryptsy and bitt are being slow with bringing the wallet back online, they don't work for nor do they have any influence on how fast they get their wallets synced and back online. Bittrex should be up soon, they were told by the devs to resync from scratch to get rid of the upgrade error, that should have taken them a day or 2 so they should be back online sometime soon. As for cryptsy, who the hell knows, what I do know is that it is in the exchanges best interest to bring those wallets back online so that people can deposit/withdraw/trade and the exchanges can make their profit.

TLDR; Please calm the hell down and go smoke a bowl. Being angry with the world won't make things go the way you want them, you need to learn which battles to fight and which ones to just let go.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:29:13 AM

Bittrex should be up soon, they were told by the devs to resync from scratch to get rid of the upgrade error, that should have taken them a day or 2 so they should be back online sometime soon.

TLDR; Please calm the hell down and go smoke a bowl. Being angry with the world won't make things go the way you want them, you need to learn which battles to fight and which ones to just let go.

LOL, liking your TLDR's  Smiley

As far as resyncing to get rid of the error I am in the process of doing so myself. It has taken longer than expected. I'm on day 2 with about 14 weeks to go on a wallet in the top 200.

It didn't help that the bootstrap download on the potcoin web site was/is broken. I know you offered an alternative but I decided to just do without since I didn't have time to mess around with it any longer...just now almost back online due to a Windows 10 activation issue   Sad

cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:40:30 AM

Anyone check out my PotCoin design t-shirt ? haha  Grin

Let me know what you want to see and you'll be able to pay with PotCoin for it. Thanks!
midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:55:16 AM

Do what rdyoung said and you should be fine, I just sent you the amount you lost incase you can't get it back though Smiley

Thank you for the coins. The posting was more to make aware that something amiss was happening during the transition from PoW to PoS.  The tranction was small for me, but I am not sure if others are lost in the blockchain.

Since I have not even received a responce from the mining pool, should I mention who is not responding to keeping the sanctity of the coin and the blockchain.

Do we expose the non-responding party, or just drop it as ancient history?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:07:57 AM

Yes, I did get what you meant by POS. Did you not understand what "I disagree" means? It means I think your wrong. Where is this hostility coming from?
POTcoin is one of those times where you can either take a risk and be part of the revolution or lose big time, OR you can do nothing and be able to gloat if it crashes but be kicking yourself for not investing.

I will repeat, reddit IS where the discussion is happening. Maybe you haven't noticed but when someone from potlabs posts here they link to a reddit post. What does that tell you? Answer: The devs are active on reddit and not here. I will also repeat, its not the devs fault that cryptsy and bitt are being slow with bringing the wallet back online, they don't work for nor do they have any influence on how fast they get their wallets synced and back online. Bittrex should be up soon, they were told by the devs to resync from scratch to get rid of the upgrade error, that should have taken them a day or 2 so they should be back online sometime soon. As for cryptsy, who the hell knows, what I do know is that it is in the exchanges best interest to bring those wallets back online so that people can deposit/withdraw/trade and the exchanges can make their profit.

I understand what "disagree" means, when it is written, not before. Especially when I believe we are all in agreement and, somehow, looking for a solution. That the Potlabs people may choose to post in reddit rather than here is just an exercise in absurdity for, again, extremely few people goes there so it is a BIG MISTAKE
midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:24:38 AM

I understand what "disagree" means, when it is written, not before. Especially when I believe we are all in agreement and, somehow, looking for a solution. That the Potlabs people may choose to post in reddit rather than here is just an exercise in absurdity for, again, extremely few people goes there so it is a BIG MISTAKE

A Google search of the right term will take you anywhere!

If you are looking for something, you will continue to look for the answer.

This is how we end up here or on Reddit!
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:29:35 AM

Thank you for the coins. The posting was more to make aware that something amiss was happening during the transition from PoW to PoS.  The tranction was small for me, but I am not sure if others are lost in the blockchain.

Since I have not even received a responce from the mining pool, should I mention who is not responding to keeping the sanctity of the coin and the blockchain.

Do we expose the non-responding party, or just drop it as ancient history?

Do they have other methods for contact? I would exhaust every possible method before calling them out publicly. Do they have a twitter, google+, facebook, etc? Maybe making a public plea for them to contact you without giving any details would get you somewhere, if/when that fails, then call them out and start a thread here and on facebook, gethashing might be another place to post about it, your likely not the only one they are ignoring if indeed that is what they are doing.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:32:28 AM

Here is one more place where we DISAGREE. Some here see reddit as the armpit of the internet, to me BCT fills that role perfectly. The reason the discussion is happening at reddit is because questions/announcements/etc don't get drowned out by posts by angry people such as yourself, IE, you don't have to cover 500 pages to keep up with the conversation.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:52:59 AM

Bittrex should be up soon, they were told by the devs to resync from scratch to get rid of the upgrade error, that should have taken them a day or 2 so they should be back online sometime soon.

LOL, liking your TLDR's  Smiley

As far as resyncing to get rid of the error I am in the process of doing so myself. It has taken longer than expected. I'm on day 2 with about 14 weeks to go on a wallet in the top 200.

It didn't help that the bootstrap download on the potcoin web site was/is broken. I know you offered an alternative but I decided to just do without since I didn't have time to mess around with it any longer...just now almost back online due to a Windows 10 activation issue   Sad

I am going setup the bootstrap to sync to another service as well, have it upload to box or bitcasa, etc. Box is probably the better choice as I have several 50gig accounts with them Smiley

What activation issues did you have with win10? My POS server refused to activate until they had reenabled the activation servers and I upgraded it to RTM.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:38:30 PM

"POTcoin is one of those times where you can either take a risk and be part of the revolution or lose big time, OR you can do nothing and be able to gloat if it crashes but be kicking yourself for not investing."

Exactly, worth the risk. The competition also has issues and this was the first. If this coin is solid by the time some next bit Marijuana related events come around, almost certain to have some nice gains. If they actually end up getting used in a bunch of dispensaries, then the sky is the limit long term.

Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: