Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920045 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 07:45:57 PM

I am the director of the Bitcoin Embassy, and authorized to speak on behalf of the organization.

The Bitcoin Embassy has never and would never enter in any partnership with "Potcoin".

In addition, the Bitcoin Embassy is not a Bitcoin Exchange and has never been.

In the strongest possible terms, we ask you to remove this fake news article.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

I am the director of the Bitcoin Embassy, and authorized to speak on behalf of the organization.

The Bitcoin Embassy has never and would never enter in any partnership with "Potcoin".

Wow. Why is the potcoin team lying to all of us?
They must be a bunch of scammy fuckers.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Bemerand

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:58:41 PM

Cant you give them red trust for this scam?

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 10:30:24 PM

I'll be very interested in what the dev have to say about this because if they have lied to us all then it won't go down well with thhe investors who truly believe in POT coin like myself. I'll wait and see what the dev has to say first on the matter before making any decisions.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Bemerand

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:32:55 PM

I'll be very interested in what the dev have to say about this because if they have lied to us all then it won't go down well with thhe investors who truly believe in POT coin like myself. I'll wait and see what the dev has to say first on the matter before making any decisions.

What's there a need to wait its not like the devs can say "oh sorry, we thought we had a partnership with them"

Its obvious that the dev team only cares about their own profits and not the investors. There is news coming oit about people losing their potcoin in the potcoin wallet too now. I think this is all about to unravel in a bad way.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 11:16:38 PM

What's there a need to wait its not like the devs can say "oh sorry, we thought we had a partnership with them"

Its obvious that the dev team only cares about their own profits and not the investors. There is news coming oit about people losing their potcoin in the potcoin wallet too now. I think this is all about to unravel in a bad way.

True but I was hoping to hear what the dev had to say and since he is now offline I'm going to wait and just offloaded all my POT coins as people don't like to be lied too. I made a nice little profit as I got in when POT was at 2,500 sats, I hate to leave but I think it's best as I don't want to lose out and even if POT does continue to rise I won't regret my decision. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Noolz39

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:12:49 AM

Thanks for your reply
And now i want to explanation from pot team  Angry
BitFrank

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:42:11 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 03:52:38 AM by BitFrank

I am Francis Pouliot, the Director of Public Affairs at the Bitcoin Embassy, and in that respect I am the ultimate responsible for partnerships and agreements.

I confirm: there is no, have never been, and will never be any partnership or agreement between the Bitcoin Embassy and Potcoin leaders (nor any other "altcoin" representatives).

Thus, it should be clear that news article circulating that there is an agreement with the Bitcoin Embassy is entirely false. This is the definition of fake news

They have agreed to remove that mention from their press release, a clear admission of guilt.

Because I am horrified by the idea that the Bitcoin Embassy would be associated to Potcoin because of their press releases and media pumping, I'll share some thoughts.

How could they possibly think they could get away with this? Here is some context:

1. The Bitcoin Embassy is a non-profit organization founded in 2013. It is hosted on the third floor of a building which hosts numerous Bitcoin projects.
2. On the first floor of the building which hosts the Bitcoin Embassy, there is a physical Bitcoin Exchange called Satoshi Counter. Some traders there (myself included) often suggest our clients to use shapeshift to transform altcoins to bitcoins, after which we can buy the bitcoins off of them. In that case, the clients are transaction with Shapeshift, and not with us directly. One of the foudners of the Bitcoin Embassy is also a founder of Satoshi Counter.
3. Potcoin representatives were told by a trader at Satoshi Counter how they could use shapeshift to exchange their Potcoins, like any other altcoin, for Bitcoin, after which they could buy/sell bitcoins at Satoshi Counter, like any client does.
4. The Bitcoin Embassy was never consulted in anyway by Potcoin. I was notified of this news by a Google alert. There is no agreement, either verbal or in writing. There is certainly no partnership, nor contract of any kind. Myself and transisto are the only two people involved in both organizations, but there are many more different people involved with Satoshi Counter and many other involved with the Bitcoin Embassy, and both organizations are effectively completely separate.
5. There is no agreement, partnership of any kind between Potcoin and Satoshi Counter either. It's not a question of semantics here. As people, none of use would EVER engage in any partnership with the leaders of Potcoin.

Let's be 100% clear: this was an extremely unethical and deceptive use the Bitcoin Embassy logo, name and reputation without our consent.

It could have passed off as an honest mistake, but not only did they not comply to my requests to have them take down reddit post and tweets, they actually started negotiating and asking me to remove tweets and reddit posts criticizing them.

If it wasn't clear enough, and with all respect to this community, I personally am offended by the very idea that the Bitcoin Embassy could be associated to Potcoin. A more cynical person than myself would call Potcoin an obvious ponzi scheme which has no other purpose than speculation, and which is specifically crafted to create a sense of community to attract what traders will call "bagholders" which allow earlier investors to cash out.

Why would anybody merchant accept Potcoin instead of Bitcoin? What is the value proposition? It's like litecoin, but it's has a more limited market potential? And it's not even like litecoin, because the development team is inactive.

Potcoin is basically a gift card that only lets buy at VERY LIMITED number of stores. Who in his right mind would trade a liquid currency for that, unless you do it right away before a purchase because there is a discount?

It's a vastly inferior clone that is dramatically less secure, liquid or useful. I can probably do a Potcoin clone equivalent in a few minutes. Even the copyright information of Potcoin shows that it is a clone of Bitocin and Litecoin, just worse.

The Bitcoin Embassy has almost never endorsed any product or service. We would NEVER endorse any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Nobody in their right mind would endorse Potcoin, unless it was out of ignorance or naivety at best, and greed and in the pursuit of personal profit at worse.

Anybody caught promoting Potcoin on the Bitcoin Embassy premises will be immediately expelled with a permanent ban.

I have to admint I am biased, since I was very angry when we caught one of the Core members of the Potcoin team puting a sticker on one of our windows, which was a pain in the ass to take off. You know who you are, you had a baseball cap and were walking your dog and got caught by our cameras.

I continue to encourage cyrptocurrency innovation, but using deceptive marketing to enrich earlier investors is not innovation.

Bemerand

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:10:35 PM

I am Francis Pouliot, the Director of Public Affairs at the Bitcoin Embassy, and in that respect I am the ultimate responsible for partnerships and agreements.

I confirm: there is no, have never been, and will never be any partnership or agreement between the Bitcoin Embassy and Potcoin leaders (nor any other "altcoin" representatives).

Thus, it should be clear that news article circulating that there is an agreement with the Bitcoin Embassy is entirely false. This is the definition of fake news

They have agreed to remove that mention from their press release, a clear admission of guilt.

Because I am horrified by the idea that the Bitcoin Embassy would be associated to Potcoin because of their press releases and media pumping, I'll share some thoughts.

How could they possibly think they could get away with this? Here is some context:

1. The Bitcoin Embassy is a non-profit organization founded in 2013. It is hosted on the third floor of a building which hosts numerous Bitcoin projects.
2. On the first floor of the building which hosts the Bitcoin Embassy, there is a physical Bitcoin Exchange called Satoshi Counter. Some traders there (myself included) often suggest our clients to use shapeshift to transform altcoins to bitcoins, after which we can buy the bitcoins off of them. In that case, the clients are transaction with Shapeshift, and not with us directly. One of the foudners of the Bitcoin Embassy is also a founder of Satoshi Counter.
3. Potcoin representatives were told by a trader at Satoshi Counter how they could use shapeshift to exchange their Potcoins, like any other altcoin, for Bitcoin, after which they could buy/sell bitcoins at Satoshi Counter, like any client does.
4. The Bitcoin Embassy was never consulted in anyway by Potcoin. I was notified of this news by a Google alert. There is no agreement, either verbal or in writing. There is certainly no partnership, nor contract of any kind. Myself and transisto are the only two people involved in both organizations, but there are many more different people involved with Satoshi Counter and many other involved with the Bitcoin Embassy, and both organizations are effectively completely separate.
5. There is no agreement, partnership of any kind between Potcoin and Satoshi Counter either. It's not a question of semantics here. As people, none of use would EVER engage in any partnership with the leaders of Potcoin.

Let's be 100% clear: this was an extremely unethical and deceptive use the Bitcoin Embassy logo, name and reputation without our consent.

It could have passed off as an honest mistake, but not only did they not comply to my requests to have them take down reddit post and tweets, they actually started negotiating and asking me to remove tweets and reddit posts criticizing them.

If it wasn't clear enough, and with all respect to this community, I personally am offended by the very idea that the Bitcoin Embassy could be associated to Potcoin. A more cynical person than myself would call Potcoin an obvious ponzi scheme which has no other purpose than speculation, and which is specifically crafted to create a sense of community to attract what traders will call "bagholders" which allow earlier investors to cash out.

Why would anybody merchant accept Potcoin instead of Bitcoin? What is the value proposition? It's like litecoin, but it's has a more limited market potential? And it's not even like litecoin, because the development team is inactive.

Potcoin is basically a gift card that only lets buy at VERY LIMITED number of stores. Who in his right mind would trade a liquid currency for that, unless you do it right away before a purchase because there is a discount?

It's a vastly inferior clone that is dramatically less secure, liquid or useful. I can probably do a Potcoin clone equivalent in a few minutes. Even the copyright information of Potcoin shows that it is a clone of Bitocin and Litecoin, just worse.

The Bitcoin Embassy has almost never endorsed any product or service. We would NEVER endorse any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Nobody in their right mind would endorse Potcoin, unless it was out of ignorance or naivety at best, and greed and in the pursuit of personal profit at worse.

Anybody caught promoting Potcoin on the Bitcoin Embassy premises will be immediately expelled with a permanent ban.

I have to admint I am biased, since I was very angry when we caught one of the Core members of the Potcoin team puting a sticker on one of our windows, which was a pain in the ass to take off. You know who you are, you had a baseball cap and were walking your dog and got caught by our cameras.

I continue to encourage cyrptocurrency innovation, but using deceptive marketing to enrich earlier investors is not innovation.

Looks like Sharon Peretz tried to pull the wool over your eyes. Glad it did not work and super glad I never went ahead with the hook up I offered them.

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:14:49 PM

i agree with that, potcoin has nothing just the name

it s why i support the xci project , because it s has something more, the transaction are anonymous

if potcoin wanna succeed they need to do something too because you are aright why use potcoins if you can use bitcoin
Noolz39

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

it s why i support the xci project , because it s has something more, the transaction are anonymous

if potcoin wanna succeed they need to do something too because you are aright why use potcoins if you can use bitcoin
POT coin have a  good PR, same as BELA, PINK etc
scamalert0

Activity: 498
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

POT coin have a  good PR, same as BELA, PINK etc

Why POT coin moving so much up and down?? It is pumping dumping coin. You never hold long this coin .. So sell and buy this is the strory of POT.
Cypress

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:43:20 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for the CTO/CEO or whoever is making the decisions for Pot Coin. Is that Shawn Peretz? Does anyone have any contact info for that person? They seem very mysterious about where they are located and who their dev team are. Thanks for your help.
GER_Nexus

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:50:48 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for the CTO/CEO or whoever is making the decisions for Pot Coin. Is that Shawn Peretz? Does anyone have any contact info for that person? They seem very mysterious about where they are located and who their dev team are. Thanks for your help.

CYPRESS HILL WANTS TO INVEST IN POTCOIN

You heard it here first Wink
holydarkness
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1397

Yes, I'm an asshole

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:37:54 AM

Why POT coin moving so much up and down?? It is pumping dumping coin. You never hold long this coin .. So sell and buy this is the strory of POT.

Didn't exactly watch POT movement for the last few days so I can't be sure how much and fast the ups and down they had, but the market themselves is quite crazy these days, so I don't think it can be used to determine or to assume that POT is pump and dump coin as there are lots of other coins that also move very fast for the last couple of days. STR for example, they went up, crashing polo, then went down alongside a lot of traders money with it.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Obfuscode

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:51:10 AM

Why do you want to find them?
scamalert0

Activity: 498

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:03:14 PM

Dumping my POT and buying FLO.
Flow going to be huge coming days . definitely go 10K.
POT will take year .. I will come back at same price POT.
Cypress

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:52:47 PM

Why do you want to find them?

Investment. Getting anyone to respond is very difficult so looking for any advice on getting through to him.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 08:37:40 PM

Id say it looks like POT is staging for another brief bump up. thats just imo though

holydarkness
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1397

Yes, I'm an asshole

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:11:43 AM

Dumping my POT and buying FLO.
Flow going to be huge coming days . definitely go 10K.
POT will take year .. I will come back at same price POT.

And the reason behind this prediction is ... ? You were talking about FLO, right? The one which currently at 1,300 sat, it seems quite far for 10k. I know, there's nothing impossible in crypto, hence I asked what is the reason behind your prediction. A new feature? New important development news?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: