Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price effect on Altcoin  (Read 3162 times)
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

This year the whole market follows Bitcoin price. There're only few coins that continue to be stable or grow even when BTC falls. When BTC domination grows then most of altcoins fall while BTC continues to grow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:53:29 PM

most of altcoins price in usd terms is depends on bitcoin price in usd terms
if you trade altcoin in BTC terms i think there is no significant effect on altcoins

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Radzivill

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 07:56:21 PM

Now it's such a time that you can watch the entire crypto-currency market as a whole at the cost of bitcoin (as well as any altcoin). If bitcoin falls, almost the whole market falls.
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:27:54 PM

Bitcoin is the first thing that non-crypto people think, when they hear crypto word, so it is the main price affector here
Tiklohor

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:36:03 PM

I see that all altcoins depend on bitcoin. and it is worth it to fall in price - as all the altcoins fall. about the coefficient I will not say anything, I did not count.

yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:40:49 PM

there are BTC to usdt in the market.
in most market, i think.
but not all the coins can have a value directly with USDT in exchange.
every market has ALTS to BTC or ETH and ETH TO BTC.
once bitcoin fall in the market the chain will do.
they will also go down in price in terms of USD value.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:57:36 PM

Hey everyone,
How strongly Altcoin value relate to bitcoin price. Can we know the condition of ETH/BTC ratio by analyzing BTC/USD value ?

Bitcoin still the elephant in the room. On coinmarketcap since I am checking regularly the dominance has fallen from 45% to 38%. Interestingly the large exchanges can have a major impact on the importance of bitcoin by simply adding more ETH NEO and Fiat trading pairs. Right now I do not think the market can go bull as long as bitcoin is not on a bull run.
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:08:32 PM

Hey everyone,
How strongly Altcoin value relate to bitcoin price. Can we know the condition of ETH/BTC ratio by analyzing BTC/USD value ?
I think not so strong but if altcoin is ethereum of course my judgment changed because according to me ethereum is different from other altcoin and have big impact on market and also crypto then i think the value of ethereum is strong enough although not so big
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:43:54 AM

Hey everyone,

If I think it's natural that bitcoin prices affect the price of altcoin because people will see from the rise and fall of bitcoin prices, when bitcoin price drops then the price of altcoin also dropped because the bitcoiner will think twice to sell or buy altcoin, well this is what will making the bitcoin price with altcoin related.
gawuk

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:08:14 AM

Hey everyone,

There are several factors that influence the price link between bitcoin and altcoin. But not necessarily when bitcoin rises then altcoin rises, or vice versa. Currency exchange cryptocurrency does not stand alone. Each exchange offers several cryptocurrency currencies. There is a pair with, dollars, BTC, ETH or other. When one currency rises, one will trade or find the difference from the currency either with fiat money or other crypto money. Example when btc rises, then people will look for another coin to pairkan with btc, so the coin is pushed the price.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:12:14 AM

Bitcoin certainly does have a massive effect on the majority of the altcoins so if Bitcoin sneezes all the rest of the coins catch a cold. Ethereum nearly always moves in the same direction as Bitcoin, most of the alts will follow but you will still find some that will move independently dependent on project milestones etc.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Balmoon

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:23:52 AM

yes, it does happen when btc up alt even go up, I think bitcoin can manipulate the price.
dalimex

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:25:13 AM

Hey everyone,

It's like bitcoin is king, so what happens to bitcoin will inevitably affect other coins. Because this bitcoin is the first coin to appear in cryptocurrency, and bitcoin has a big influence on the price of other coins in the market.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:39:34 AM

I think the reason why Bitcoin affects the price of altcoins is because people believe that without Bitcoin or the whole crypto currency market will crumble. Also there are traders that when they see Bitcoin price goes down, they would sell their Altcoins to buy more Bitcoin.

This is why Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency, it controls the price of the market.
caoowd8

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:54:15 AM

Bitcoin certainly affects all other digital currencies. Bitcoin is the weather. If it rains, everyone will have an umbrella. If he is sunny, everyone can feel the heat. It is a symbol of digital currency and a barometer.
kostagr33k

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:11:16 AM

I've seen the price change in the market. And I think that the price of altcoins is very much dependent on the price of bitcoin. In the red market if bitcoin falls and then altcoins, too
Shikamaru

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:07:02 PM

Hey everyone,

As I know the price of altcoin follows the bitcoin price. So when bitcoin is auto-boosted altcoin also so.
And it does not only affect the altcoin but all the coins. Because bitcoin guide to all existing coins.
gaponya

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:09:46 PM

All altobins are dependent on bitcoin and ether because it is the top coin, but not always, there are coins which are fixed on the market and are not so dependent on the top but it is a rarity!
tensports

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:22:07 PM

yes bitcoin price effect most of altcoins price bitcoin is king of all coins and this will continue as much as bitcoin will be the most valuable coin so its price affects all prices
tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:45:00 PM

All altcoins are related with one another. It effects through bitcoin or ethereum. Many times bitcoin falls down then some selected coins go up and others fall down. All altcoins do calculations according to bitcoin or ethereum and convert them in bitcoin or ethereum. Bitcoin hasD strong value.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: