Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain development ideas.  (Read 1604 times)
CCdom (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:45:41 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 10:56:07 PM by CCdom

Hello,

I would like to develop 2 domain names, but to be honest, I don´t know from where to begin  Undecided
The domains are ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM and BITCOINYE.COM.
Your advices will be very important for me.

May be something like affiliate site Huh

Hopefully will wait for your comments.

Thanks in advance !!!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:59:39 PM

Hello,

I would like to develop 2 domain names, but to be honest, I don´t know from where to begin  Undecided
The domains are ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM and BITCOINYE.COM.
Your advices will be very important for me.

May be something like affiliate site Huh

Hopefully will wait for your comments.

Thanks in advance !!!
What you think , can I develop  onlinebitcoingames.com domain name as an  online gamling, betting website ?
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 11:07:38 PM

well yea the domain with "onlinegames" in it should have some kind of online games on it.
Bitcoinye could be anything to do with bitcoin, maybe write a blog or figure out what ye is suppost to mean or stand for.
You could put crazy picutres having to do with bitcoin on bitcoinye , bitcoin ye?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

maxuser

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 03:09:18 AM

For ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM a list of trending/new Bitcoin based games may be cool, with affiliation etc... or even hosting and providing embedded games on your pages from other developers.

For BITCOINYE.COM I have always thought of adapting the concept of "Penny Auctions" to Bitcoin as this may be very rewarding! You can sell gift-cards and other trendy devices like what are actually doing all these sites. But you can go further in the specialization and sell only virtual currencies. I mean, users buy packs of 100/200/500 bids credits with BTC/LTC/DOGE... and you sell packs of 1.5 BTC, packs of 55 LTC, packs of 700K DOGE... This can offer the chance of winning a big prize for a modest spending, and also converting their coins to another type.
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:47:30 AM

well yea the domain with "onlinegames" in it should have some kind of online games on it.
Bitcoinye could be anything to do with bitcoin, maybe write a blog or figure out what ye is suppost to mean or stand for.
You could put crazy picutres having to do with bitcoin on bitcoinye , bitcoin ye?

Thanks a lot for your comment, I think you´re right, "BITCOIN YE" concept will work and has a big potential. Yes, I have to think about this .... Wink.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:29:01 PM

For ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM a list of trending/new Bitcoin based games may be cool

This is basically what I did for Bitcoin Dice.

Start out listing other people's online bitcoin games (good for SEO, to build traffic to your domain), but then you can also include your own games on the site later on, if you get some developed.

Here's an online bitcoin game for you to list Wink http://bitcoinkamikaze.com
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

For ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM a list of trending/new Bitcoin based games may be cool

Start out listing other people's online bitcoin games (good for SEO, to build traffic to your domain), but then you can also include your own games on the site later on, if you get some developed.

Thank you very much for your advice and good idea, but I have question : are that kind of websites profitable ?
May be it is very confidential information, but it´s important for begin to do something.
Regards.
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:18:08 PM

For ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM a list of trending/new Bitcoin based games may be cool, with affiliation etc... or even hosting and providing embedded games on your pages from other developers.

For BITCOINYE.COM I have always thought of adapting the concept of "Penny Auctions" to Bitcoin as this may be very rewarding! You can sell gift-cards and other trendy devices like what are actually doing all these sites. But you can go further in the specialization and sell only virtual currencies. I mean, users buy packs of 100/200/500 bids credits with BTC/LTC/DOGE... and you sell packs of 1.5 BTC, packs of 55 LTC, packs of 700K DOGE... This can offer the chance of winning a big prize for a modest spending, and also converting their coins to another type.
Thanks, your comment is very informative.
I would ask to you, where can I find more information about virtual currency trading ?
Regards.
ChronosTrigger

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:37:06 PM

I would ask to you, where can I find more information about virtual currency trading ?
Regards.

Well for one thing, you can start here https://cex.io/r/1/ChronosTrigger/0/
If you want to learn more about it, you can go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsgnitaGv70

Its rather informative, and i'm learning it as well. If you want to compare notes and such you can contact me and we can learn together  Wink
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:56:14 PM

Regards.

If you want to learn more about it, you can go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsgnitaGv70

Its rather informative, and i'm learning it as well. If you want to compare notes and such you can contact me and we can learn together  Wink
Thanks for info, one question please, are bitcoin affiliate websites profitable ? There is a "bitcoin boom" on web now, and it´s very interesting for me.
Regards.
ChronosTrigger

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:47:33 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 05:33:18 AM by ChronosTrigger

Regards.

Its rather informative, and i'm learning it as well. If you want to compare notes and such you can contact me and we can learn together  Wink
Thanks for info, one question please, are bitcoin affiliate websites profitable ? There is a "bitcoin boom" on web now, and it´s very interesting for me.
Regards.

Well yea, there are some sites that i go to. There are some faucets that are pretty good to. Go here and check it out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718.0
spyro

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

Try and go for a shorter snappier name  Cool

Cyberdyne

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:31 PM

Thank you very much for your advice and good idea, but I have question : are that kind of websites profitable ?
May be it is very confidential information, but it´s important for begin to do something.
Regards.

Bitcoin Dice makes absolutely zero profit by itself at the moment, but it is part of a much larger overall strategy of either a) driving traffic to profitable sites or b) selling advertising space. So far I have no revenue from that site though, although it's getting 200+ unique visitors a day.

Your domain is certainly a good one for people typing "online bitcoin games" into Google*, you just need to beef up that SEO advantage by putting lots of relevant content on it.

*A link for you to get the ball rolling Wink
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:06:39 PM

Regards.

Bitcoin Dice makes absolutely zero profit by itself at the moment, but it is part of a much larger overall strategy of either a) driving traffic to profitable sites or b) selling advertising space. So far I have no revenue from that site though, although it's getting 200+ unique visitors a day.

Your domain is certainly a good one for people typing "online bitcoin games" into Google*, you just need to beef up that SEO advantage by putting lots of relevant content on it.

Thanks ))) What you think, it will be better to develop the domain , or to let it "virgin" and wait a little bit more time in expectation, that market will grow and the domain´s price too( I hope). I´m just asking  your personal opinion. And one favor more, please, your opinion on BITCOINYE.COM domain name.
Well done with http://bitcoindice.com/
Regards.
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:25:50 PM

May be 3 letter domain like BTC dot com or net, even org would be more catchy, brandable and attractive,
but ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM will be very good for SEO and professional webmasters will find the way to rank the domain(website) in first page of google or bing etc...
Keyword domains are and always will be wanted(may be the word wanted isn´t correct, but you will understand me Wink. I just hope that bitcoin games get more popularity... Smiley
Regards:

By the way, what about BITCOINYE.COM ?
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Onlinebitcoingames.com seems too long for good branding, try to find a better domain, if you are looking for a tld registar I recomend namecheap
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:44:33 AM

May be 3 letter domain like BTC dot com or net, even org would be more catchy, brandable and attractive,
but ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM will be very good for SEO and professional webmasters will find the way to rank the domain(website) in first page of google or bing etc...
Keyword domains are and always will be wanted(may be the word wanted isn´t correct, but you will understand me Wink. I just hope that bitcoin games get more popularity... Smiley
Regards:

Make sure the domain is not taken. Any BTC domain will be 100% taken
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:20:27 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 09:28:23 PM by CCdom

Try and go for a shorter snappier name  Cool
Regards:

Make sure the domain is not taken. Any BTC domain will be 100% taken
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. I just wanted to say that 3 letter domains are perfect for branding, but keyword domains are very important for SEO.
That´s why the domain name onlinefreegames(com) was sold for 90000 usd. I have a dream that bitcoin games get more popular  Smiley
Regards.

ONLINEBITCOINGAMES.COM     BITCOINYE.COM

Cyberdyne

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:25:21 PM

Regards.

Thanks ))) What you think, it will be better to develop the domain , or to let it "virgin" and wait a little bit more time in expectation, that market will grow and the domain´s price too( I hope). I´m just asking  your personal opinion. And one favor more, please, your opinion on BITCOINYE.COM domain name.
Regards.

I think as long as you're not outright destroying it's reputation, then putting at least *some* content on there is fine for future value. What is to be gained by keeping it completely empty for years?

I have a mix of both; Domains that have some small amount of content for SEO purposes, and some that are completely empty. But the only reason I have empty ones is because there are not enough hours in the day Smiley If I could snap my fingers and have them all filled with relevant content I would!

You can also make it clear right on the home page that you might be interested in selling the domain... eg: http://btc3.com
CCdom (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:41:32 PM

Regards.

Regards.

I think as long as you're not outright destroying it's reputation, then putting at least *some* content on there is fine for future value. What is to be gained by keeping it completely empty for years?

I have a mix of both; Domains that have some small amount of content for SEO purposes, and some that are completely empty. But the only reason I have empty ones is because there are not enough hours in the day Smiley If I could snap my fingers and have them all filled with relevant content I would!

You can also make it clear right on the home page that you might be interested in selling the domain... eg: http://btc3.com

Thanks for sharing your  experience and knowledges.
I don´t want to "steal" more time from you Smiley, but if you have more advices , I will accept with pleasure Wink.
Regards.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: