Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAKE] Amazon to start accepting bitcoin  (Read 8616 times)
Gladdy

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:33:51 PM

I sent this email to Amazon's customer support on Jan 19th. This was my message. It was a little crude but I was in a hurry and didn't expect to get a response back.

"

Original Message
---------------
01/19/14 09:50:00
Your Name: Alex Myers
Comments:Hello,
I was wondering if Amazon.com would be willing to accept bitcoins as payment for merchandise on their site. Since I have quite a few bitcoins that I would like to spend and there aren't many major websites that accept bitcoins, I would like to ask if there would be any chance of you begining to accept bitcoins in the future so I can spend my stash.
One of the reasons I prefer bitcoins over cash is because they are much more secure and there is no chance of having my personal information stolen, like what happened at Target recently for millions of customers. This would give me some peace of mind. Also, the transaction costs associated with bitcoin are almost 0% compared to the 2.5%~ cost that credit cards charge.
Would you be willing to begin accepting bitcoins on your website? Companies like Bitpay and Coinbase make it very easy to accept bitcoins and then transfer those bitcoins instantly over to cash for almost free. I would appreciate it if you would give me this payment option.
Let me know what you think - Alex Myers
---------------

"

I opened up my email today and saw a response from Amazon.

"

Hello,  

Thanks for writing to us.

We don't accept bitcoins as a payment method on our website at this time. However, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of creating our own bitcoin payment processor and will be able to begin accepting this method of payment in the near future on Amazon.com.

In the meantime, we accept credit cards, debit cards, payment from U.S. checking accounts, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Payments Stored Balance, and the Amazon.com Store Card. Here are the credit cards we accept:

-- American Express
-- Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
-- Discover
-- MasterCard
-- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
-- Eurocard
-- JCB
-- NYCE
-- STAR
-- China UnionPay (credit card only)

You can learn more about these payment methods on our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=513058

Thank you for your suggestion to accept bit coins as a payment method.

Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services. I appreciate your thoughts.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Hariprasath S.

"

Is this important news? Let me know your thoughts.

So amazon is not taking Bitcoin as payment ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: