Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cube running at 20% Efficieny  (Read 1381 times)
qwertyasdfg (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:28:23 PM

Evening All,

I received my cube over the weekend and have just found the time to set it up.

I've used the default settings and have connected successfully to slush's pool.

My cube is being powered by a Corsair 500W CX500 PSU and I have set the clock on the device to high, for the first few minutes the Efficiency is in the 80 percentile but then it drops to the 20% region and stays around there. I've noticed eight X's in ASIC row 49-64 and my MHS is around 13374. I am only hosting the 1 cube using my 500W power supply.

Can anyone tell me why my efficiency is so low and what I might be able to do to remedy this?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:37:19 PM

ASIC_01-16: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_17-32: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_33-48: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_49-64: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_65-80: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
ASIC_81-96: O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
if you have x's then you have a problem

see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.0

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:15:18 AM

more than likely mot enough power id be using atleast a 700w psu for these

midniteslide

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:43:12 AM

Four of my five cubes do the same thing. They run perfect on low so I don't really care but I know it is not a power issue as I'm using HX1050's.
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:39:21 PM

I've been told that sometimes the heatsink screws on the mini-blades come loose during shipping, and that checking them all for tightness is recommended before hashing.  If you haven't already, you might check that.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
qwertyasdfg (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:54:55 PM

see

Thanks for the advice, I got allot of support from this thread.

Deffo wasn't a power issue, 500W is more than capable of running one cube efficiently but thanks for the reply!

Four of my five cubes do the same thing. They run perfect on low so I don't really care but I know it is not a power issue as I'm using HX1050's.

On low I have my cube running at 95% efficiency but only hashing at around 29000MHS

I've been told that sometimes the heatsink screws on the mini-blades come loose during shipping, and that checking them all for tightness is recommended before hashing.  If you haven't already, you might check that.

From the advice I received from the other thread, I opened the cube and found it not to be aligned correctly in it's structure, once I managed to get the board and blades out of it, I checked all the screws and tightened them as a few of them were loose, after I put the cube back together I only had 1 x but still wasn't able to run the cube efficiently in high clock mode, efficiency went down to 10% or less and it was only hashing at 01085MHS or thereabouts.

So once again I reopened the cube and checked the screws again, put it back together and was back to square 1 with 8 x's, I tried a final time to reopened and this time rearrange the blades to determine whether there was a problem with the actual board or the blades, turn's out the problem is with the board itself, as even after rearranging the blades the same 8 x's show up in the same row!

I have been on to the seller and he is awaiting a response from the supplier, so I'm hoping this will be sorted soon.

Thank you all for your help and advice.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:04:56 AM

working overclocking can not be guaranteed.
Thats why there is a guaranteed speed.

So the 8x stay always in the same position if you change the plug-in position from the miniblades?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:08:48 AM

It's probably PSU.

My Cube wouldn't run with a Corsair CX750, nor a Dell 875W (out of a Precision workstation), and it also didn't run off a regulated 12V 30A bench supply.  I had the same issues, one mini-Blade X'ed out, then half another X'ed out, and would only mine about 10% of the time.

Finally tried another supply, a cheap OCZ ModXStream-Pro 600W and the Cube is fully functioning and mining at a little over 37GH for the last 21 hours solid.
qwertyasdfg (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:25:53 PM

working overclocking can not be guaranteed.
Thats why there is a guaranteed speed.

So the 8x stay always in the same position if you change the plug-in position from the miniblades?

Yes, that is correct, I have re-arranged the mini-blades twice over now and the 8x's remain in the same place!

I have upgraded the PSU from a 500W to now a 600W Corsair CX600 and same issue still remains, also if I try to switch to OverClock the hash rate and efficiency drop to some ridiculously low levels as mentioned in previous posts.
qwertyasdfg (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:50:08 PM

see

Thanks for the advice, I got allot of support from this thread.

Deffo wasn't a power issue, 500W is more than capable of running one cube efficiently but thanks for the reply!

On low I have my cube running at 95% efficiency but only hashing at around 29000MHS

From the advice I received from the other thread, I opened the cube and found it not to be aligned correctly in it's structure, once I managed to get the board and blades out of it, I checked all the screws and tightened them as a few of them were loose, after I put the cube back together I only had 1 x but still wasn't able to run the cube efficiently in high clock mode, efficiency went down to 10% or less and it was only hashing at 01085MHS or thereabouts.

So once again I reopened the cube and checked the screws again, put it back together and was back to square 1 with 8 x's, I tried a final time to reopened and this time rearrange the blades to determine whether there was a problem with the actual board or the blades, turn's out the problem is with the board itself, as even after rearranging the blades the same 8 x's show up in the same row!

I have been on to the seller and he is awaiting a response from the supplier, so I'm hoping this will be sorted soon.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Back to square 1 Sad

FINALLY today I received a new board via OC directly from yxt, now I've taken the old board out and put the new board in after switching over the mini blades and am trying to connect to it using 192.168.1.254:8000 but am unable to do so, I cannot even see the device anywhere in the wired devices section of my router!

Anyone got any advice on what I might be doing wrong here?? My routers subnet is 192.168.1.x

Do I have to flash this new board with some sort of firmware before I can use it to control the mini blades???
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:33:06 PM

factory reset

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██