Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself  (Read 12565 times)
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 05:31:46 PM

Options to protect yourself are already very much described, but you must understand that there are no guarantees that really could protect you. This simply will not happen because it is a cryptocurrency market.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 05:46:44 PM

These are helpful tips for the whole crypto community to be more secure. I like the featured add-on Crytonite shield though unfortunately its only has only a trial period for 30 days. I hoped this thread will be continuously updated for latest tactics in scam protection.
I tried that, the Crytonite shield but I already used the 30 days trials. As of now, I used AVG for free I think it makes me help to filter those links that contents scam. So, far I didn't infect on malware virus which is very risky for us to make a scam. Yes, I agree that this thread is very helpful and I read it all because I want to know thou how to secure my wallet.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 07:13:48 PM

The best way to stay safe from being scammed in crypto is to do a proper and in-depth research on the project you want to invest in. At least, you might find some unrealistic things about the project. Proper research can make you 40% sage from being scammed.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
raden1922

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:48:39 PM

Very interesting information and very useful appeals. Of course so that we are more careful before entering the site, meaning more control so we don't go wrong. Thank you for enlightening and insight from you. I hope many people read and really evaluate every action in entering the world of the internet, so that it is not wrong and fatal.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 08:48:33 PM

I know some people who losses huge money by sign up fishing site as myetherwallet fishing  website. I would prefer everybody to download apps from apps store and Google play store. Before open account check more and more time and you know scam apps also has in apps store.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
Brainnin

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 09:09:38 PM

People keeps loosing huge money in cryptocurrency due to different types of scammers finding their way into crypto space daily and coming up with different tactics of scamming crypto enthusiasts especially newbie.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:54:39 AM

-snip-

Thank you for share such good post. scam projects everywhere. many good bounty hunters leave bounty because of scam projects. it's really bad that after 3 months done work you probable got nothing. always check projects before you join guys. happy hunting... Wink
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 11:14:02 PM

This is really nice article. I will really look back on this post  before joining a bounty. Some points were really empasized on this posts and I found it really interesting on how we can protect ourselves on from scammers. Though it doesn't touched everything, atleast we have an idea to determined what are the possible scams.
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 11:30:38 PM

I could remember that just late last year and early this year, there were so many projects who were indirectly asking for private keys, by claiming they water to create the hard fork of a particular coin and for people to do that by login to a scam site.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 02:56:42 AM

I couldn't think that phishing sites could be like that. We should be aware that even if they are copying the same url, there are still differences. Also, I remembered I've been scammed by one ICO who did not payed us their coins. I wasn't see that comin' and my efforts go to waste. Now I am not joining just some ICO projects.
aundroid (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:18:30 AM
Merited by tyz (1)

Sorry guys, completely forgot to update this topic.

As everybody probably noticed, the Cryptonite extension was changed from 'free' to 'chargeable' (8$ / month, as far as I know).

So if you don't want to spend $96 a year on an extension (which I can understand) I would recommend you to bookmark all your relevant pages for now.

Besides, I can recommend you to install MetaMask that gives very good phishing alerts.

I will revise the initial post in this thread when I have a little more time.

As always: Stay Safe Online!

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 08:32:41 AM

For me, I always study carefully the projects I want to join. And scammers often take advantage of people's greed, so remind yourself, nothing is free, and don't be too greedy
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:51:59 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2019, 09:03:36 AM by abake

This post is very insightful. This goes a long way to help new and old crypto enthusiasts  to be careful and spot scams,  including the high level scams. Like the illustration given for kucoin and Binance scam sites, almost exactly as the real ones. Thanks a lot once more, I learnt from this post. Safety is very important in crypto space. 

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:34:03 AM

Agree with the author. Its very useful thread and i think we should always careful on website security. If we always check on website security or phising email, i am believe we can avoid from hacking and our account in exchanger more secure. Hackers always find a new way and i think we should keep safety when browsing

michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:41:43 PM

Agree with the author. Its very useful thread and i think we should always careful on website security. If we always check on website security or phising email, i am believe we can avoid from hacking and our account in exchanger more secure. Hackers always find a new way and i think we should keep safety when browsing

Make sure we always be careful when we connect to the internet because we don't know where the hacker is. The hacker will try anything to get the information from us, and if it's related to the exchange, make sure you never share anything with other people. Just keep it for yourself and don't tell anyone if you want to be saved. We need to activate many types of protection from the exchange so we can minimize the chance for the hacker to break our account.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
installer

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:47:32 PM

I think that the most popular way of getting scammed is telegram. People are just sending their private keys to unknown users or sending ETH to contribute to a public sale via PM on telegram. This is just silly guys, be careful.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:53:01 PM

From my point of view if you are in crypto for half a year at least, then you can easily protect yourself from scams. You have enough experience and can select good projects to participate
cuo

Activity: 560
Merit: 185

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:10:58 PM

very interesting, I would like to share this good information to my group.
We can see so many scammer in verified project today, it will makes investor confuse and dont want to invest again, so, in early 2019 we can see so many ICO project failed!
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:53:22 PM

Yes, there are not enough protection instructions. Scammers are constantly coming up with something. To steal our money. Do not rush to invest in projects check the team and idea.

KingDome

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:57:43 PM

Yes, there are not enough protection instructions. Scammers are constantly coming up with something. To steal our money. Do not rush to invest in projects check the team and idea.
Even though you are researching the whole idea and the concept, it wouldn't guarantee you to get scammed by the developer whether the developer is scamming you due to the hack on their platform or etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: