Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:20:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypted wallets  (Read 647 times)
trasp (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:26:13 PM

Dunno if this has been up before, but I was bored this weekend and wrote my first PyQt app which encrypts wallets. The base is pretty much done allthough I have to fix the widget containing the helpinfo asap I suppose, it opens in the background and can't be scrolled or closed until MainWindow is closed... I didn't sleep this night and was too confused this morning to fix it. Anyway, I feel I'm pretty much done with this very first stage and someone else might have good ideas on how to protect the variables and memory and all that.
Atleast it feels nice to share my code with someone even though it might not be of use, I suppose I will have to show my code for someone some day anyhow, so what better place than the internet Wink.

https://github.com/Trasp/WalletPadlock ( <- Edit: Python source pacakge avaiable, only, should be os-independent though)

PS. If you didn't understand this I've never released a single line of code publicly before and I've only been writing small apps for myself, each time in different language, spread over a long time with huge breaks. Might warn you for some bad hacks in there, this ain't going to be safe against sophisticated trojans for a while anyway...

PS2. Serious gitpackages and all that yadda yadda comes later if ever (;

Edit: Dammit, move my post, somehow managed to post it wrong >< I blame the lack of sleep.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: