Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimental fork invites programmers  (Read 642 times)
Lolcust (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 04:13:45 PM

Hello!

As some of you might know, I have started a humble little fork, with the explicit purposes of 1) seeing how a "very" fast block rate fares (so far it's been doing relatively nice) 2) otherwise experimenting with various interesting features that aren't currently ripe for wide-scale use in general bitcoin 3) adopting a different block rate / decentralization tradoff stance, one that favors faster blocks 4) providing an environment where those interested can test out various optimizations before they can go into bitcoin proper and generally provide a less "serious business" coin for programmers to play with 5) assuming the alt cryptocurrency in question survives and reaches the point of transitioning to block rate of 7 secs per block (which is one of the "goals"), see how a currency with fixed, non-changing production rate behaves economically

Thread here.

As some of you might know, I am not a programmer (I would hardly qualify for a code monkey), and thus the project so far is somewhat lacking in talented code contributions (message signing would be interesting thing to test out on GG, for one).

Thus, people with coding skills, free time, and desire to contribute their expertise to an experimental "fast" blockchain, or just provide constructive advice, are hereby kindly invited.

Thank you for your attention

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: