Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 06:31:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase short me 9.1 BTC  (Read 725 times)
pedrobk (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:30:32 AM

I started using Coinbase about 3 weeks ago, and got verified by giving certain bank info, credit card, cell phone, etc.  My 1st few transactions went through fine...I did not have the "High Risk" problems that a lot of other users seemed to have had.  But I did have one big problem...on January 10th, I purchased 9.1 BTC, January 14th my bank account was withdrawn to pay for the purchase, and on January 16th the transaction is marked as "Completed."  The big problem is that my wallet never received the 9.1 BTC. I sent my 1st Claim through Coinbase Support on Jan 16th and received a generic email stating that Coinbase received my claim.  No one got back to me, so I sent a new claim the next day on January 17th.  I waited a few days and still did not hear back from anyone.  I checked my case a few days later, and it was marked as "Resolved" for both cases, but I still have not received my BTC. Next, I tried calling a telephone number I found on the Internet for Bitcoin (415) 580-2710, but no one answered.  I left a message, but never received a call back.  Finally, today I created a 3rd case stating that entered 2 prior cases and a phone call to no avail.  I received the same generic automatic email stating that my case was received.  I checked it one hour later, and Coinbase marked it as "Resolved" again without doing anything.  I still do not have the 9.1 BTC, and I still have yet to receive any response from support.  After doing a quick check on this company, I was blown away with how many negative reviews they got.  Has anyone had a similar situation, and what do you guys think the best course of action to take from here is?  I appreciate your help.
Thanks
PB
successjr11

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 02:55:51 PM

That's a bit troubling. I'd go find the venture capital group who just invested $25 mill into Coinbase and hit their website with emails about your issue.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck.
pedrobk (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:50:14 PM

Thanks for the advice. I feel that I shouldn't have to go outside of Coinbase's support to get this issue resolved.  Even a simple, "We will look into this issue, sorry for the inconvenience," would put my mind at ease.  Sending only automated responses is very disrespectful. This whole experience has made me lose a lot of respect for Coinbase.   
pedrobk (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:24:52 PM

Update: After sending another email, I finally got a response from someone at Coinbase today 1/22/14. They realized their error and credited me the 9.1 BTC. It took a good amount of time, but at least the issue was resolved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: