Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and the stock exchange  (Read 683 times)
glennbuck (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:25:07 AM

I think bitcoin is a great idea and originally for the purpose of sending and receiving goods and services,from are own private bank accounts ie wallets and to avoid fiat currency inflating the value of are money away.So when did alt currencys and bitcoin become stock exchanges to trade for one another?At the moment it is looking like a dot com bubble,from the gambling going on with the exchanges and alt coin gamblers.How will this effect cryptocurrencys in the future?Could it destroy cryptocurrencys?

2X4B-523P
The_Restaurant_at_the_End_of_the_Universe
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#guerillacoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
best-miner.com

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

best-miner.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:30:35 AM

Really good quesiton, now the situation i think it is more and more clear.

Although most of country goverment try to not let bitcoin to be real currency, we know that like overstock.com  has accpet bitcoin and has really great sales, you know, when 1 competitor has get a new way to find many customers, as the biggest one amazon, if he don't follow up, he may lose these kind of customers, as people has purchase habit like, when use bitcoin pay, i choose overstock, when......, so like their CEO said, i think amazon will follow up too. then you will know, goverment can't use their policy to kick bitcoin out again, as more and more people will use it, when it become their property, goverment has no right to forbid its using.

And in some country like south american, their currency is really mess. so people would like to find another currency to hedge, like gold or dollar. now they can use bitcoin now, some of my customers really enjoy it, For as bitcoin is much better than their bank to hedge assets, but i always told them one thing.

Never put eggs in one basket, using 10%-20% to invest in mining or bitcoin, if you losing it, you won't be too sad, if it grows in next few year, you will be wealthy then.

best-miner.com, bitcoin news & bitcoin miners
2T bitcoin miners for 2099$, 34M litecoin miners for 999$,
1T bitcoin miners for 1299$, World wide free shipping with DHL in 1 day.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

If you look closely at the stock market, it is basically a form of legalized gambling. This is coming from someone with a degree in business economics.  My first job out of college was at Morgan Stanley. Every stock broker there was basically just pushing the ones that were recommended by upper management. Anyone that was managing a substantial amount of money, had their book of business handed down from a family member who had been in the business for years. Every move that the bigger players make is based off of some form of inside information. The key was to not push the envelope fat enough to raise any red flags. So the same market manipulation that people worry about in BTC or LTC (or any other alt-coin), is exactly the same in the actual stock market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: