Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet backup not working?!?!?!  (Read 912 times)
maxman190 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

I didn't see a technical support in altcoin section, so I'm posting here.

Can a wallet.dat file be corrupted or something?!
I just re-installed USDe coin wallet and let it re-sync, I replaced the wallet.dat in appdata with my backup and now it's giving me error whenever I open the USDe-qt.
"A fatal error occured. usde can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: NSt8ios_base7failureE
ReadCompactSize() : size too large
C:\Users\User\Desktop\USDe\usde-qt.exe in Runaway exception"
Help?!!?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:49:07 AM

Sounds like usde-qt.exe is bugged, and produced an invalid wallet.dat file. Hope you have previous backups ... if not, contact the developers directly would be my suggestion.
maxman190 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:30:51 AM

Sounds like usde-qt.exe is bugged, and produced an invalid wallet.dat file. Hope you have previous backups ... if not, contact the developers directly would be my suggestion.
That can happen?!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:08:24 AM

That can happen?!

Its a program. Programs are (normally) bugged. So yeah, it can happen. But before panicking, contact the developers, they might have a fix in the works or some sage advise Smiley
maxman190 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:42:00 AM

That can happen?!

Its a program. Programs are (normally) bugged. So yeah, it can happen. But before panicking, contact the developers, they might have a fix in the works or some sage advise Smiley
I got my original wallet back by right clicking my usde folder, clicking properties, previous version tab and rolled back to the date when I deleted the original wallet and I got it. Now I'm scared to back up my wallet and I'm scared my local wallet might get hacked, so I'm basically screwed.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:47:04 AM

That can happen?!

I got my original wallet back by right clicking my usde folder, clicking properties, previous version tab and rolled back to the date when I deleted the original wallet and I got it. Now I'm scared to back up my wallet and I'm scared my local wallet might get hacked, so I'm basically screwed.

Yeah I know its very scary when wallet software goes wrong, or data gets corrupted. One of the downsides of software wallets. They need to be "bug free" but unfortunately, I've never come across a bug-free (substantial) program.
Txslady

Activity: 244

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:10:46 AM

[/quote]

MaxMan190:  I just moved all my wallets to a new computer.  Here is what to do...... 1. Install a new wallet on the pc    2.  Go to old wallet console and type dumpprivkey your coin address   3.  Go to new wallet console type importprivkey your private key from old wallet   EXAMPLE:  dumpprivkey abcdefg123456

I would suggest you record the private key for all your wallets.  In my short experience none of the wallet backups work but I know for a fact the method above does.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: