Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best paper for a paper wallet  (Read 2058 times)
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:36:58 PM

I am looking for something better then just good old paper to print paper wallet. But I cant seem to find anything. The closest I can find is water proof paper for maps.(don't know how thick it is) I like to keep a paper wallet with .01 btc in my wallet to help explain bitcoin  when asked. I am wondering if their is paper out their that is more like current currency than binder paper.

Books printed on "good old paper" can last hundreds of years. Don't see the need for "special paper". We have a similar thread about types of ink. Same thing again. Any normal ink is fine. Books that monks wrote 1500 years ago are still perfectly legible. I don't think hi-tech solutions are needed for paper/ink when doing paper wallets. Maybe don't use invisible ink though Smiley

Do they? Most books I have start to yellow pretty quickly even after a few years. And those old books are usually written on papyrus or hemp paper or some other form.

I have books from primary school from 30+ years ago, and they are fine. Cheap shit paper and cheap shit ink. What are you doing to make yours turn yellow after a few years? I think that is fungus Wink

Maybe glossy paper ones will last, but not standard paperback books etc. And why are you keeping on to outdated textbooks from 30 years ago? Do they tell you that earth is flat in them?  Grin

Nah, just my school reports really, to give my son a giggle Smiley "Has potential but doesn't listen" etc. Still in pristine condition after 30 years. But yeah I agree, standard paperbacks use shitty paper, the cheapest of the cheapest, and do tend to turn yellow. Uggh!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: