Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: StopTheFakes ICO. Pinkertons from Russia  (Read 112 times)
shitcoinoffering (OP)

Activity: 445
Merit: 71

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

A dramatic story about a fresh scam from Moscow’s “silicon valley” with a whitepaper in Russian, a fake team and an undisguised attempt to cheat the Howey Test. Oh yes, and the mission of the would-be product is to rid the world of piracy and fraud.

Fast and affordable internet has made life easier and more pleasant, but it has shot copyright right in the face. Films, books, music and photos are now available to all in huge quantities for absolutely nothing. Copyright holders hold this enormous power to use in marketing activities, but their profits have come up short due to pirated copies. In a nutshell: if you want to dance, you have to pay the piper.

The creators of StopTheFakes believe they can change the situation. For this purpose, they have invented an analogue of the Pinkerton Agency. Except they won’t be hunting for heads, but counterfeit goods.

Naming and Website

The name is strong and powerful. A bit like FuckThePolice 😀

The website isn’t the most attractive and special one you’ll see today. It doesn’t catch the eye.

According to ancient marketing tradition, the storytelling begins by identifying a problem. Counterfeiting is terrible. American cinema loses 58 billion dollars a year because of it, while fake pill peddlers flog $200bn worth of products over the same period.

Then the plan calls for glad tidings. Something like “Hey guys, we know how to stop the enemy! Watch our flashy video about the project.”

StopTheFakes video

And while we’re at it, the creators demonstrate finished prototypes for browsers and Android devices. This is commendable and inspires confidence. A convenient scheme shows how everything will work and the road map promises that as early as in June the service will help to record 5,000 copyright violations.

Next, there is the usual: team, advisers, Medium, Github (only the code for the token, not the platform itself) and media publications. Here, we need to give some advice to the people who are responsible for the latter. Be more careful with your articles and don’t make mistakes like this one.

Read more here: https://shitcoinoffering.com/stopthefakes-ico-pinkertons-from-russia/

Mr. ScamKiller - Shitcoin Offering Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loran Lann

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:20:18 AM

PROJECT IS SCAM!!!
CEO was involved in real criminal fraud.
It is started with the fact that team didnt count my stakes in signature bounty campaign. After ban in telegram, rudeness of the support team, long disputes, my STF were calculated. They STF is nothing for me, it is reward for 2 weeks, but it's all not about money.
This fact was forgotten, I did not even check my wallet.But then I find out that the other participants get they STF. I wrote in a telegram group, but my posts were simply deleted (STF team style), then I wrote to the admin who said that everything was right, and now they don't want to do ahything about it and after I said that I will start my company to spread information about their behavior, they made it clear that they do not really care about their reputation.
Previously, I make a little investigation about the CEO of this project (MIKHAIL KRZHANOVSKY). It turns out our CEO was working in the Federal Tax Service of Russia, and he was involved in the sale of land of his boss, this lands were received, let's say so, not entirely legal.
Here are some interesting articles about this fact.
https://www.novayagazeta.ru/articles/2013/12/15/57656-general-nalogovoy-stoit-osobnyakom-s-basseynom-sportzalom-i-vinnym-pogrebom
I did not dig very deep, but the negative is already was to the float. I'll check on his another merits, and then I'll tackle on the team.
Investors, just imagine, if minor problems are solved in a that way, that threatens to your investments?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: