Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These are Scammers!!! https://bostonbtcminers.us  (Read 1412 times)
Bestcoin-fan (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:58:18 PM

Sporte77, you may (and should)  report to your fellow coiners  right now! Believe me, there is absolutely no sense in waiting!
You have just presented $140 to those foul scammers, that's it!

Donate BTC: 1EeAXetny8pdoAZ4gyhDwnoMUxoTNGyKSz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
universalresonance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:45:17 PM

Sorry to hear that brother.

I, posted on a previous thread where a user lost money as well.

Bitcoin is well and good but to me it seems like you people are very rich or became quick millionaires.

WHY on earth would you spend even a penny on a product without some sort of escrow service. You have no recourse if merchandise comes bad or something messes up.

It takes SO long to make BTC and you end up losing within days. I understand escrow service could be expensive but seriously it won't as expensive as losing the entire sum!!!

Developers can develop such complex coins- can't they also setup an automated intermediary shop for such processes to be taken care of? (if human interaction needs to be eliminated) btw this idea-good eh?!

I hope it resolves or at least- the scammers learn the hard way to not scam.
Bestcoin-fan (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:05:26 PM

WHY on earth would you spend even a penny on a product without some sort of escrow service. You have no recourse if merchandise comes bad or something messes up.

It takes SO long to make BTC and you end up losing within days. I understand escrow service could be expensive but seriously it won't as expensive as losing the entire sum!!!.....

universalresonance, usually I would have noticed that the site was a scam, I think.

I just so much wanted that miner, I was so tired of looking for where I could really buy it that I just lost sobriety of my mind.

Besides,  I erroneously decided the Bitcoin payment processor for the scammers was a sort of escrow service (see details there:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164985.0

BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:32:05 AM

What proof do you have that website has scammed. In order for you to make that sort of thread here on the four of you really should back it up with some kind of proof. I've never heard of the website I don't represent them but I'm not going to take somebody's information unless they have proof.
Bestcoin-fan (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:03:30 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2017, 09:10:48 AM by Bestcoin-fan

What proof do you have that website has scammed. In order for you to make that sort of thread here on the four of you really should back it up with some kind of proof. I've never heard of the website I don't represent them but I'm not going to take somebody's information unless they have proof.

I wonder what sort of additional proof am I supposed to provide??? You go to... You may exclusively easy GET THE PROOF YOURSELF!! Just do order something there yourself!

You may also check my transaction details in which I had paid those foul scoundrels before I started this thread here for example:
  https://blockchain.info/ru/tx/2b6aa0f9a5b4abdcd8efae415d4b7b8db23f0be991f94404e9cd5c3c60729e8d  

The address   1BVMPEsxsdz8ZqVj1HRabgB71QNQCf22ow  from where I paid in that transaction is mine (see it in signatures in the bottom of all of my posts) ,the amount matches.

But of course the most obvious proof lies in the other thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164985.0    
where even the Bitcoin payment processor representative confirms they are scammers and says they have already blocked their account and domains!

thutrang2

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:39:34 AM

bitcoin lad đồng tiền aỏ ,không có ngân hàng trung ương ,tránh được tình trạng lạm phát ,...không giao dịch qua kênh trung gian ,  ,ít nguy hiểm cho các cửa hàng thấp nhận giao dịch  bitcoin ,  baỏ vệ môi trường ,
BitsofTwits

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:56:25 PM

I'd like to provide here an abstract from my dispute with the support desk at https://www.coinpayments.net payment gate.

Here:

Coinpayments.net Support
..I'm sorry to hear of this trouble, but the bitcoin network is designed to make chargebacks impossible. Coinpayments never has access or control of a user's bitcoins in any way, which means only the end user has 100% control over his own bitcoins. This means we have no power to stop or reverse a transaction for you.

Me:
Dear Mr Data (this is how he introduced himself to me),
I know and fully understand what you say.
I just cannot see ANY SLIGHTEST sense in your being as an intermediary payment processor between sellers and buyers. With the same "success" one could just pay (after intense praying) directly on any seller's website. The meaning of any payment gate (processor) is to provide a kind of PROTECTION against fraud to both buyers and sellers. You provide NO protection at all!!!
The problem is NOT the crypto payments are irreversible! The problem is YOU have done nothing to be a honest reliable intermediary by, for example, holding payments in YOUR OWN temporary wallets for SOME time after deals EXACTLY to be able to resolve such disputes!!

Coinpayments.net Support
You are thinking of an escrow service, not a payment processor. If you want to operate that way you would want to contact sellers beforehand and ask them to use our sister site SetEscrow.com for your transaction instead of a regular CoinPayments payment. Our purpose as an intermediary is to provide an easy to integrate payment system for merchants without them having to run coin daemons on their own insecure and/or more expensive servers or develop custom solutions for themselves. We also provide the feedback system to help buyer's gauge the honesty of the seller.

Me:
A regular buyer cannot, and has not to, understand such nuances!
And what "running coin daemons" are saying about??
ALL a seller has to do is just provide his bitcoin address ONLY!!! He doesn't have to run any "daemons"!!!
Just go to site http://www.bitcoinqrcode.org/ or any similar one , and generate a picture from his address and place it in his shop near the address itself.
NO daemons or wallets needed!!! A seller can create  just a watching wallet to monitor his addresses and users' payments

So, do NEVER consider crypto payments as trusted or more reliable, or protected in a way (like I was thinking), if a shop suggests crypto payments with a gate like that worthless useless https://www.coinpayments.net/

CoinPayments has always been one of the good guys. They do their best to provide a payment gateway which services a decentralized industry. This is the beauty and the downfall of cryptocurrencies. You, as a user of the system, must protect yourself and be wary of all interactions in this space.

I came across this on their support page which pretty much sums things up:

https://coinpay.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000181459-scam-warning

Make sure to check merchant's feedback before purchasing, do research on the store for reviews on social media and other places, even try contacting the merchant beforehand. General rule, If someone is selling something that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure to use the feedback feature to help rate the merchants accordingly. Always stay vigilant when shopping online! Please be careful, completed transaction funds can't be reversed. If you still wish to purchase from a merchant you do not know, please do not buy the most expensive thing in their store, start with something you can afford to lose if it does not work out. We can't prevent all scams, but with enough people making educated decisions, we can deter scammers together.

Bestcoin-fan (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:06:36 AM

So, I am absolutely right saying that the CoinPayments IS indeed both worthless and useless! Any third party in a payment is valid only when they are a guarantor (insurer) of the transaction, otherwise they are just useless intermediaries.

BitsofTwits

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:33:08 PM

So, I am absolutely right saying that the CoinPayments IS indeed both worthless and useless! Any third party in a payment is valid only when they are a guarantor (insurer) of the transaction, otherwise they are just useless intermediaries.

I believe that to be incorrect.

Maybe I'm biased as I have been using the CoinPayments platform for years and know the team personally. However, they are a good company who has been in operation for 5 years working hard to build a platform for the altcoin community. There will always be problems with the illicit use of cryptocurrencies and other methods of value transfer, especially when there is a lack of oversight. CoinPayments is not a marketplace which monitors vendors but a service provider enabling merchants to accept payments in 450 currencies.

They charge a very small fee unlike paypal and other payment gateways. They pass that savings onto the merchant/purchaser and don't take in enough revenue to monitor each and every payment that flows through the system. Think of it like sending payments to any blockchain wallet instead of like an amazon or ebay.

Some ways to protect yourself in the future.

Make sure to check merchant's feedback before purchasing, do research on the store for reviews on social media and other places, even try contacting the merchant beforehand. General rule, If someone is selling something that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure to use the feedback feature to help rate the merchants accordingly. Always stay vigilant when shopping online! Please be careful, completed transaction funds can't be reversed. If you still wish to purchase from a merchant you do not know, please do not buy the most expensive thing in their store, start with something you can afford to lose if it does not work out. We can't prevent all scams, but with enough people making educated decisions, we can deter scammers together.

Never send money to someone with no track record/review. You wouldn't hand $100 to a random person on the street, why would you do it online?
BitsofTwits

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:37:29 PM

I so much wanted to hope the damn shop was not a scammer! But look into the topic with the continuation (see link above), even the crypto payment processor has already closed the scammer's account at their service due to customer complaints

Also, it's good to hear that CoinPayments has closed their account once brought to their attention. I don't think it is fair to call CoinPayments a scam because of this incident.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: