Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC Saturn mining rig for sale (London, UK)  (Read 1892 times)
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:19:58 AM

looks like it... i made him a good offer he wouldn't refuse but still no response...  Cheesy

So the "local sale possible" bit was the "hook" for the scam?
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:32:10 AM

Nice ...... takes a lot to stay on top of these scammers Wink need to be ever vigilent.

I guess the keyword always is "escrow" and forget the rest of the bs that is thrown around. Anyone who shies away from escrow gets three red flags Smiley
highwave

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:24:26 AM

"local pickup" can also be helpful. Smiley

If I had enough BTC for this miner I would have gone for it - I live in NW London so checking if scam or not would be very easy for me. Grin
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

"local pickup" can also be helpful. Smiley

If I had enough BTC for this miner I would have gone for it - I live in NW London so checking if scam or not would be very easy for me. Grin

If its a scam, "local pickup" could be more dangerous than useful. He could pass you a box of pixies and you wouldn't necessarily know. You'd have to see the rig in operation.
highwave

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

Do you really think i'm gonna take a sealed box without checking its contents first ? Shocked

I never buy anything locally without examining it first and making sure it's fully working and in good condition so no pixies for me, thanks... Grin

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:28:53 AM

Do you really think i'm gonna take a sealed box without checking its contents first ? Shocked

I never buy anything locally without examining it first and making sure it's fully working and in good condition so no pixies for me, thanks... Grin

Sure, you might, but a lot of people are more naive, just take the thing and walk off.

But testing the thing is dangerous as well. You are meeting a stranger, and have to go together to his gaff or your gaff to test the thing, its not like you can test it in the park Wink
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

Sure, you might, but a lot of people are more naive, just take the thing and walk off.

But testing the thing is dangerous as well. You are meeting a stranger, and have to go together to his gaff or your gaff to test the thing, its not like you can test it in the park Wink

Sure you can. Raspberry Pi and USB battery pack. Never leave home without 'em.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:05:51 AM

Sure you can. Raspberry Pi and USB battery pack. Never leave home without 'em.

Yeah but you are a smart dude, a rare commodity.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: