Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003785 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:48:43 AM

Each one is very free to do what he wants with his money, I will wait to pay no more than 0.001 per ETH

Sorry, but this will not be. It is only your dreams, without any analysis. You expect that price will fall more than 7 times Huh

Ignore the trolls, some people were born to lose lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:25:25 AM

Welcome to the end
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 06:34:10 AM

TradeBlock has ethf listed correctly

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:14:53 AM

Each one is very free to do what he wants with his money, I will wait to pay no more than 0.001 per ETH

Sorry, but this will not be. It is only your dreams, without any analysis. You expect that price will fall more than 7 times Huh

actualy i do not lose becouse i sold this coin soon enough now its falling.how did i lose ?
are you holding ?
if yes. be so kind and let not otheres pay for your stupid decition.
be honest and tell that the coin is falling.
and might and will and soon are wishes no fakts.
so right now its falling and small investors should get out. no one can promis it will rise again.
not even vitalik.
he never says anything about price. he tells about ideas visions but those can also come true on a other chain.
roodstock etc and some others. and if they come true its not said the price will get back to ath.

and with this pos implementation i see no price rising.

szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:17:57 AM

actualy i do not lose becouse i sold this coin soon enough now its falling.how did i lose ?
are you holding ?
if yes. be so kind and let not otheres pay for your stupid decition.
be honest and tell that the coin is falling.
and might and will and soon are wishes no fakts.
so right now its falling and small investors should get out. no one can promis it will rise again.
not even vitalik.
he never says anything about price. he tells about ideas visions but those can also come true on a other chain.
roodstock etc and some others. and if they come true its not said the price will get back to ath.

and with this pos implementation i see no price rising.

Pos maybe rising price when optical cpu is avalible.Maybe for 10 years this optical cpu.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:33:28 AM

Well, Ethereum is under priced as a factual statement, when compared to making mining hardware investments into other crypto-currency hardware.

A 5 card overclocking friendly premium RX 480's rig and PC investment is $1450 mining ethereum at $0.10 electricity is 330 day ROI.

A Antminer S9 and Antminer PSU investment is $1443, return on investment is 191 days.

Assuming, both investments are mining at max output.

Clearly, this does prove, that Ethereum is under-priced up to 42% relative to people buying Bitcoin mining hardware.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:22:12 PM

Well, Ethereum is under priced as a factual statement, when compared to making mining hardware investments into other crypto-currency hardware.

A 5 card overclocking friendly premium RX 480's rig and PC investment is $1450 mining ethereum at $0.10 electricity is 330 day ROI.

A Antminer S9 and Antminer PSU investment is $1443, return on investment is 191 days.

Clearly, this does prove, that Ethereum is under-priced up to 42% relative to people buying Bitcoin mining hardware.
are you really comparing ethereum with bitcion?
seriously ?

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:32:26 PM

either underpriced or over difficultied.
if some miners left you'd get your ROI earlier Smiley

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:43:22 PM

I can tell, you've missed the point of factual measures of undervaluation, in favour of subjective opinions about if, but and I wish.

Yes, we can all dream about other people doing things that make us better off Smiley
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:51:50 PM

I can tell, you've missed the point of factual measures of undervaluation, in favour of subjective opinions about if, but and I wish.

Yes, we can all dream about other people doing things that make us better off Smiley

I am inclined to say that what you have "proven" here, in an unnecessarily convoluted way, is that ETH is valued less than BTC. Which is ofc plainly obvious to anyone with eyes.

You have said nothing about undervaluation. I.e. why is ETH valued less than it should be.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:08:00 PM

I am not worried at all as Ethereum is most popular and useful after Bitcoin. It is going to bounce back once we are finished with current price movement of BTC. There will soon be some stability in price and then at least 3X price will be again for Ethereum. It has much way to go yet.
Zinkin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:52:24 PM

The big investors can prove if it is under priced.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:54:34 PM

I am inclined to say that what you have "proven" here, in an unnecessarily convoluted way, is that ETH is valued less than BTC. Which is ofc plainly obvious to anyone with eyes.

You have said nothing about undervaluation. I.e. why is ETH valued less than it should be.

Well, you must be fairly blind to not understand the reasons for undervaluation.

Generally, it is caused by severe short-term negative event. From Bitcoin history the collapse of exchanges through theft like Mt. Gox or the sale of Silk Road's confiscated 44,000 BTC depressed prices in the short-term.

In the case of Ethereum, the short-term negative event was the severe network attack that made it very difficult for investors to access the Ethereum coins in their accounts.  

These severe short-term negative events gradually degrade into insignificance and undervaluation reverses into a much higher price over the long-run.  
xizmax

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:09:12 PM

Well, you must be fairly blind to not understand the reasons for undervaluation.

Generally, it is caused by severe short-term negative event. From Bitcoin history the collapse of exchanges through theft like Mt. Gox or the sale of Silk Road's confiscated 44,000 BTC depressed prices in the short-term.

In the case of Ethereum, the short-term negative event was the severe network attack that made it very difficult for investors to access the Ethereum coins in their accounts.  

These severe short-term negative events gradually degrade into insignificance and undervaluation reverses into a much higher price over the long-run.  

While I might or might not disagree with your assessment of ETH undervaluation as laid out. You are completely off the mark in accusing me of blindness. None of what you outlined above is obvious, or can be inferred, from the mining equipment example you purported as, not merely illustrating, but Clearly proving the undervaluation.

If you wanted to talk about negative events, why didn't you do it in the first place?
I maintain the position that your opening mining example does not say anything other than ETH is valued less than BTC

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:47:01 PM

While I might or might not disagree with your assessment of ETH undervaluation as laid out. You are completely off the mark in accusing me of blindness. None of what you outlined above is obvious, or can be inferred, from the mining equipment example you purported as, not merely illustrating, but Clearly proving the undervaluation.

If you wanted to talk about negative events, why didn't you do it in the first place?
I maintain the position that your opening mining example does not say anything other than ETH is valued less than BTC

Well, it appears you simply want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

And, you've used the proxy argument of "being confused" by the original post.

The original post, is factual assessment of ROI on buying GPU rig versus buying Antminer S9 and PSU - these cost nearly identical amounts of money.

However, the GPU rig takes 330 days to achieve a ROI on mining Ethereum. The Antminer setup takes 190 days to achieve a ROI on Bitcoin.

Because Bitcoin is biggest crypto-currency in the world, it is used too benchmark other Top 10 crypto-currencies, as too whether those Top 10 currencies are overpriced or undervalued relative to purchase from miners or alternatively buying mining hardware.

As a digression: there are lot's of people who buy hardware to get cash and they will pile into the crypto currency that offers the fastest ROI - this reduces that currencies price in the future.

This is valuable indicator of future price movements downwards - the bigger the currency the better it can survive heavy selling.

xizmax

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:03:36 PM

I am often guilty of this particular transgression, however it is not the case here.

The original post, is factual assessment of ROI on buying GPU rig versus buying Antminer S9 and PSU - these cost nearly identical amounts of money.

However, the GPU rig takes 330 days to achieve a ROI on mining Ethereum. The Antminer setup takes 190 days to achieve a ROI on Bitcoin.
Your original post, as written, is an assessment of ETH pricing versus BTC, not of ROI on miners. You claim that ETH is underpriced because it takes longer to achieve positive ROI.
Convince me there is a causal link there, because it would be a nice tool of assessing market values of altcoins.

The way I see it, SHA ASIC units are priced with BTC price somewhat in mind. Naturally, as their only purpose is to mine BTC - so perhaps their pricing is in a way indicative of BTC value (wild speculation on my part).
The same cannot be claimed with regards to GPU rigs. To put it bluntly, AMD and Intel don't give a rats ass about ETH.
Using your argumentation, I could pick any random GPU mineable shitcoin and then claim it is wildly underpriced as I'd never ROI mining it.

Additionally, what about POS coins? How can we value those, as there is no hardware to mine them.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:33:49 PM

I am often guilty of this particular transgression, however it is not the case here.

Your original post, as written, is an assessment of ETH pricing versus BTC, not of ROI on miners. You claim that ETH is underpriced because it takes longer to achieve positive ROI.
Convince me there is a causal link there, because it would be a nice tool of assessing market values of altcoins.

The way I see it, SHA ASIC units are priced with BTC price somewhat in mind. Naturally, as their only purpose is to mine BTC - so perhaps their pricing is in a way indicative of BTC value (wild speculation on my part).
The same cannot be claimed with regards to GPU rigs. To put it bluntly, AMD and Intel don't give a rats ass about ETH.
Using your argumentation, I could pick any random GPU mineable shitcoin and then claim it is wildly underpriced as I'd never ROI mining it.

Additionally, what about POS coins? How can we value those, as there is no hardware to mine them.

Now, you are using the proxy argument of not seeing the connection, which has been published many times by other people.

When, I first got into crypto-currencies over, 2 years ago - it was written out that when the ROI is close too 365 days on mining hardware you're better off buying the Bitcoins from the exchanges, when the ROI is close to 180 days you are better off buying mining hardware.

Turning too, pricing on POS.

It is a simply calculation - how many businesses are being built on it, which will meet the supply of any POS output (the POS rate being low is beneficial).

Ethereum has the highest number of entrepreneurs building new businesses on the network, which is going to get rid of any POS output of Eth.

The simply fact is: a lot of smaller crypto-coins, that had POS implementation have never had any businesses built onto their networks.

Therefore, most of data people quoted about POS is merely written out by Trolls!

It is irrelevant to Ethereum, because there are regular updates from people building these businesses that will use Ethereum's facilities for smart contract technology.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:58:15 AM

The big investors can prove if it is under priced.
the big guys ? like who ? pump and dumpers ?

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:06:26 AM

Now, you are using the proxy argument of not seeing the connection, which has been published many times by other people.

When, I first got into crypto-currencies over, 2 years ago - it was written out that when the ROI is close too 365 days on mining hardware you're better off buying the Bitcoins from the exchanges, when the ROI is close to 180 days you are better off buying mining hardware.

It is a simply calculation - how many businesses are being built on it, which will meet the supply of any POS output (the POS rate being low is beneficial).

Ethereum has the highest number of entrepreneurs building new businesses on the network, which is going to get rid of any POS output of Eth.

The simply fact is: a lot of smaller crypto-coins, that had POS implementation have never had any businesses built onto their networks.

Therefore, most of data people quoted about POS is merely written out by Trolls!

It is irrelevant to Ethereum, because there are regular updates from people building these businesses that will use Ethereum's facilities for smart contract technology.
you never heard of bitshares but anyway.

you pointed it out right this coin is for bussines and bankers not for everyday people. every day people like you just pay for them to gorw and hope the coin will make them rich.
and id guess those biz will be happy if the price stays low once there project runs on the chain.

dont get me wrong i like the idea of ethereum. but i say the coin is overpriced it will fall and be used as suposted. its not a get in and get rich coin.

and i would not invest a tousend to mine gosh there are faster and easier ways to double my money

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:13:37 AM

you never heard of bitshares but anyway.

you pointed it out right this coin is for bussines and bankers not for everyday people. every day people like you just pay for them to gorw and hope the coin will make them rich.
and id guess those biz will be happy if the price stays low once there project runs on the chain.

dont get me wrong i like the idea of ethereum. but i say the coin is overpriced it will fall and be used as suposted. its not a get in and get rich coin.

and i would not invest a tousend to mine gosh there are faster and easier ways to double my money

I do understand, that you have no interest in Ethereum and don't follow developments.

The list of businesses in development is unrelated to banking - not surprising that you didn't realise that.

As you've posted on this thread, you don't know anything about Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: