Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2018, 09:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 [988] 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 ... 1079 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 1844888 times)
revilo

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

pls what is the total supply of ethereum?
ethereum total supply is increasing because mining reward
miner get reward with each block they mined and confirm the transactions
now the circualtion supply is more then 100 milllion for now and its total supply is unlimited but only miners can get few in a year

Interestingly though Vitalik brought up the discussion about implementing a cap to the total supply of ETH.

If I remember correctly it was on april 1st? By the way, if he want to implement a cap (but this question is for all PoS coins) how it will work with PoS ? It's the same thing as PoW where miners get only transaction fees after all coins are mined?

Yes it was on April 1st and he admitted that it was supposed to be a semi joke to see how the community actually responds. It turned out that there was more to the cap idea than Vitalik might have thought and the discussion was pretty good. Yes it would be that only transaction fees go towards staking nodes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanovmoscow

Activity: 560

Vena.network

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:38:34 PM

It is always good time to buy tokens like Ethereum as in spite of all these existing issues they are going to see increase in its value. There is no immediate solution nor alternative in near future so no risk real risk at this moment. I also had one small issue but at increasing of gas that transaction was confirmed with a minute. Not everyone is encountering serious issues in my opinion.

I think the problem of the cost of transactions will be solved by moving at least partially to the POS. Then any attempt to spam the network will collide with the wall. The main thing is to move on, and then everyone pulls and pulls with this business and it's not clear if they start at all.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄█████████       ▐█▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀            ▐█████▄
      ▄████▀                 ▐██▛▜███▄
    ▄█████▄                  ▐██▌  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀█████▄              ▗▟██▌    ▜███▖
  ███▀    ▀█████▄▄        ▄████▀▘     ▝███▖
 ███▀        ▀▀█████▄▄ ▄▄███▀▀         ▝███
▐███             ▀▀███████▀             ▐██▌
███                 ▀███▀                ███
███                  ███                 ███
▐███              ▄██████▄▄             ▐██▌
███▄          ▄████▀  ▀▀███▄▄         ▗███
  ███▙      ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄▄    ▄███▘
   ▀███▄    ███▀              ▀▀████▄████▘
    ▀████▄  ███                  ▀█████▀
      ▀████████                ▄▄████▀
        ▀▀█████           ▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀██      █████████▛▀
                     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
Vena Network

an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━                                                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━                                                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
WhitePaper            ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾   Luoshu Agreement   ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾              Announce 

romeox6x

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

ETH ASIC miners have an expense benefit over GPU miners that is only going to grow as time passes. At this time, thankfully rewards remain high enough to keep GPU miners in the overall game - assisting to maintain some extent of decentralized mining to raised secure the blockchain. but after casper it'll be different game
AndoLeone

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:45:54 PM

Without a doubt, ETH needs changes and improvements. Now many people say that it has competitors, but I think that it is difficult for someone to overtake ETH. And I believe that the price will increase.
big_daddy

Activity: 574
Merit: 180

....:to the moon:....

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:48:10 PM

ETH ASIC miners have an expense benefit over GPU miners that is only going to grow as time passes. At this time, thankfully rewards remain high enough to keep GPU miners in the overall game - assisting to maintain some extent of decentralized mining to raised secure the blockchain. but after casper it'll be different game

There is no daggerhasimoto asic machine on the market
Those from birmain are not real asic chips, so, eth and other equal algos are still asic proof

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
Davidbike1

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:04:54 AM

Come on Ethereum, let's make some gains! Eth/Btc ratio is low right now.  This might be the best time for a quick reversal because the demand for bitcoin will be higher as we approach closer to the Sec decision for the bitcoin ETF.

Having bought Ethereum Ripple Litecoin Dash, and darn all I did was lose more money on poloniex margin. They all look very low but there is just no sign of any of them coming back right now. All of their ratios have done nothing but get worse.
Vouchforme

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:12:26 PM

Thank you for such a great project   our  mission and idea is build on Ethereum

wish you luck with updates and upgrades of Ethereum network

clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

What is secret mission you have which you want to build on top of the Ethereum blockchain. When this kind of comment than it is really surprising in what direction this community is moving and we really need this?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
hzjixiang

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

Reducing block rewards will harm GPU miners the most creating threat of increased mining centralization. In the event that you reduce the prevent reward and kick ASICs from the network with a PoW change, it is possible to improve decentralization, protect GPU mining bonuses, and reduce inflation, The developers are currently talking about what EIPs relating to the forthcoming Constantinople hard fork.

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1079
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

What is secret mission you have which you want to build on top of the Ethereum blockchain. When this kind of comment than it is really surprising in what direction this community is moving and we really need this?

lol what? No surprise at all: Ethereum was built to have dapps built on top of it.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
mandibleclaw

Activity: 434
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:55:02 PM

Those from birmain are not real asic chips, so, eth and other equal algos are still asic proof

So you're telling me that Antminer E3 (https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/bitmain/antminer-e3/) doesn't work with ethereum? Why? Since it works for ethash algorithm, I don't see why you can't mine ethereum blocks...

drwoo

Activity: 601

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:38:57 PM

Without a doubt, ETH needs changes and improvements. Now many people say that it has competitors, but I think that it is difficult for someone to overtake ETH. And I believe that the price will increase.

That is all underway if you check out the latest interviews with the core developers. Once these things are ready and enfold their potential we will see better times.

trader1a

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:54:48 PM

So you're telling me that Antminer E3 (https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/bitmain/antminer-e3/) doesn't work with ethereum? Why? Since it works for ethash algorithm, I don't see why you can't mine ethereum blocks...

It is the same hash/watt as with gpus. "ETH ASIC miners have" not "an expense benefit over GPU miners".
sacombank

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:23:45 AM

A lots of ICOs used ethereum to take money and network ethereum so slow to have a transitions i think the ethereum price can hit $1000 when ethereum update.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux[/
Sanguintan

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:29:14 AM

That is all underway if you check out the latest interviews with the core developers. Once these things are ready and enfold their potential we will see better times.

So it is the good time to accumulate more?
big_daddy

Activity: 574
Merit: 180

....:to the moon:....

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

The E3 is not an asic machine
Is built with gpus without vents
6 or 8 gpus, modified

So, too expensive, you can build a rig with that money and enjoy 2/3 years of warranty on the equipment

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
rongwang

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:52:26 PM

Very fashionable project, you walk on the right road, do you have any other reward plan besides signature plan, and what's the progress of your exchange?COINS are valuable only in circulation
DaVinci666

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:38:19 PM

Welcome to the New Beginning

When the grand experiment that is bitcoin began, the anonymous wizard desired to test two parameters- a trustless, decentralized database enjoying security enforced by the austere relentlessness of cryptography and a robust transaction system capable of sending value across the world without intermediaries. Yet the past five years years have painfully demonstrated a third missing feature: a sufficiently powerful Turing-complete scripting language. Up until this point, most innovation in advanced applications such as domain and identity registration, user-issued currencies, smart property, smart contracts, and decentralized exchange has been highly fragmented, and implementing any of these technologies has required creating an entire meta-protocol layer or even a specialized blockchain. Theoretically, however, each and every one of these innovations and more can potentially be made hundreds of times easier to implement, and easier to scale, if only there was a stronger foundational layer with a powerful scripting language for all of these protocols to build upon. And this need is what we seek to satisfy.

Ethereum is a modular, stateful, Turing-complete contract scripting system married to a blockchain and developed with a philosophy of simplicity, universal accessibility and generalization. Our goal is to provide a platform for decentralized applications - an android of the cryptocurrency world, where all efforts can share a common set of APIs, trustless interactions and no compromises. We ask for the community to join us as volunteers, developers, investors and evangelists seeking to enable a fundamentally different paradigm for the internet and the relationships it provides.

Who is Behind Ethereum?

Our primary core devs are:

• Vitalik Buterin → Inventor of Ethereum, protocol developer and researcher
  • Gavin Wood →Lead C++ developer
  • Jeffrey Wilcke → Lead Go developer

Primary non-development members include:

• Anthony Di Iorio → Founder and Executive Director of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Bitcoin Decentral, KryptoKit
  • Mihai Alisie → Founder of Bitcoin Magazine and Egora
  • Joseph Lubin → Software engineer, Quantitative Analyst
  • Stephan Tual → Founder of Ursium, Communications

A more extensive but non-exhaustive list of team members can be found here.

Our ether sale is available at http://ethereum.org ; the site contains all needed instructions.

The Next Step: Some Links

Welcome to the Ethereum Ecosystem:

Contact Us:

General Queries
info@ethereum.org

Summary after 4 years. ETH was after my bitcoin holding since 2012 the best investment.
Next one is neblio.

Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:04:32 PM

~snip~

Summary after 4 years. ETH was after my bitcoin holding since 2012 the best investment.
Next one is neblio.

You can say this without quote the OP everyone can understand what you want to see. This board already turned into advertising page where you can share your precious knowledge other people to let them know what hidden gem you have.

███ 
    █████████
    ██████████
    ████████████████
  █████████████████
      ██████████████
      ███████████████
      ████████████
      █████████████
      ██████████
      █████
Rigoblock

▄                          ▄▄████▄   
  ██▄                  ▄██████████▀
  ████▄▄            ███████████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄███████████
  ██████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
      ███████████████████▀
      ▀█████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀
▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

▄▄██
                    ▄▄███▀███
        ▄▄▄█████▀  ▄███▀
  ▄███████▀  ▄██████
      ▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▀
            █  █████████
            ▀▄█▀  ▀█████
              ▀▀        ▀▀█
TELEGRAM
        ▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄
    ▄██▄██████████████▄█▄
    ██████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
▄██████▀    ▀████▀    ▀██████▄
███████        ████        ███████
███████▄    ▄████▄    ▄███████
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
  ▀▀████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄████▀▀
DISCORD
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄████████
   █████▀▀▀▀
   █████
██████████
▀▀█████▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
FB

██▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄██
    ████████████████
  ▄████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
  ██████████████████ 
  ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ████████
           █████████
         ███████████
         ███████████
GITHUB

███
▀▀▀
███   ███  ▄████▄
███   ████▀▀▀████
███   ███          ███
███   ███          ███
███   ███          ███
███   ███          ███
LINKEDIN
sacombank

Activity: 359

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:23:06 AM

The ethereum price don't move when the bitcoin price hit $7600 and keep rising . everyone know the eth  send and receive  faster than all altcoins .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux[/
Pages: « 1 ... 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 [988] 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 ... 1079 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.