Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003814 times)
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

Even it looking really hard could it gain to achieve this milestone of $5k due to bear market. When FOMO will start and bull situation will come than it will easily move to above $2k if Bitcoin would get recover to $20k

There were some news now from Barclays and they said they believe that the last peak of Bitcoin was the final peak we will ever see. Let's prove them wrong!
We always hear from the Banks, the Tycoon that Bitcoin is bubble, cryptocurrencies are scam. But for me if bitcoin or blockchain become the future, It will have a tremendous impact on them.
I think this market will recovery soon.

Every ICO and any other coin offering could turn up to be a scam, Bitcoin and Ethereum can play a big part on the monetary system but it could never replace fiat, i see a good resistant on the ETH price bitcoin went down but seeing that the price is still at the 400 USD is a good sign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:57:33 AM

Even it looking really hard could it gain to achieve this milestone of $5k due to bear market. When FOMO will start and bull situation will come than it will easily move to above $2k if Bitcoin would get recover to $20k

There were some news now from Barclays and they said they believe that the last peak of Bitcoin was the final peak we will ever see. Let's prove them wrong!
We always hear from the Banks, the Tycoon that Bitcoin is bubble, cryptocurrencies are scam. But for me if bitcoin or blockchain become the future, It will have a tremendous impact on them.
I think this market will recovery soon.

Every ICO and any other coin offering could turn up to be a scam, Bitcoin and Ethereum can play a big part on the monetary system but it could never replace fiat, i see a good resistant on the ETH price bitcoin went down but seeing that the price is still at the 400 USD is a good sign.

Eth dont want to replace Fiat. ETH will be a Supercomputer and the WEB 3.0 and not a currency
shixd8899

Activity: 350
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

It is a great pleasure that under the guidance of V God, the progress of ETH has been orderly.
GraBitCoin

Activity: 630
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:26:47 AM

Let's hope that the development of this platform will not stop!
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:55:50 AM

Fiat maybe the standard now but it really depends on everyone. If people refuse to accept fiat then fiat has no value. If people refuse to accept coins then coins have no value. But Fiat is not superior to coins. In fact fiat is no longer what it was. It used to be backed by gold reserves. Now it is not. Fiat is printed everyday at a rate controlled by a few people. They can increase or decrease printing as they see fit. What backs fiat the government? Let me ask if i demand my fiat to be converted into whatever is backing it can i get a portion of your government? A blockchain is the same. But remember when you have coins you have data on every node there is. If there are a million nodes then you own a portion of the data on that million nodes. Whereas your fiat you own a paper that says you have one dollar. Burn that paper and you have nothing.
weishen77

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:26:13 PM

V God is slightly tender, but the technology and the need for the old, ETH along with the plan, though the bumpy, but the period; BM free and easy, and with DAC Dali thinking, must be beware of the community voice overheating drown BM, cause BM to go; AB ideal, but not extreme, the idealist practice, as long as no empty talk, long time, 3 In the year and 5 years, your return is packed with a sack

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

If eth is the apple of such large enterprises, can be changed, but also changes more and more difficult. If we do it again, it's "fork". This kind of bifurcation needs community consensus, otherwise it is waste paper.

The addition of smart contracts, into a network, guarantees a steady flow of soft and hard forks. This change of direction signifies a significant jump away from the previous generation of crypto-currencies.

Turning to abandoned blockchains: for any group to pick up an abandoned blockchain of a big entity (like Ethereum), the group must own a significant quantity of Ethereum in order to finance the purchase of inevitable dump of coins for their smaller entity (new Eth? coin) using an abandoned blockchain.

I, really, don't think there is any miner or group of miners who have several hundred thousand Ethereum coins to finance the launch of a new coin using an abandoned blockchain - it is just FUD by people to claim there is another group of miners who have a spare 100,000 to 300,0000 Eth for such an enterprise.
GraBitCoin

Activity: 630
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:07:57 PM

If eth is the apple of such large enterprises, can be changed, but also changes more and more difficult. If we do it again, it's "fork". This kind of bifurcation needs community consensus, otherwise it is waste paper.

The addition of smart contracts, into a network, guarantees a steady flow of soft and hard forks. This change of direction signifies a significant jump away from the previous generation of crypto-currencies.

Turning to abandoned blockchains: for any group to pick up an abandoned blockchain of a big entity (like Ethereum), the group must own a significant quantity of Ethereum in order to finance the purchase of inevitable dump of coins for their smaller entity (new Eth? coin) using an abandoned blockchain.

I, really, don't think there is any miner or group of miners who have several hundred thousand Ethereum coins to finance the launch of a new coin using an abandoned blockchain - it is just FUD by people to claim there is another group of miners who have a spare 100,000 to 300,0000 Eth for such an enterprise.

Human greed is great ... If it is economically feasible, then there may be people who will invest such funds in order to get more ...
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:10:26 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 06:21:09 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Human greed is great ... If it is economically feasible, then there may be people who will invest such funds in order to get more ...

The people, who created ETC had 100,000s Eth and they were also major GPU miners. No miners are left on Ethereum Network who have 100,000s of Eth.

So, this is just FUD - there is no-one involved with Ethereum mining with the Eth to finance picking up an abandoned blockchain as a new coin.
chacha4twenty

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

ethereum price moving to green side and ethereum is rose almost 6% over a 24 hour period.
i hope ethereum will constantly rise and hit 500$$.
who thinks that it will hit 500$$ in near future.??  Roll Eyes
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:53:14 PM

The people, who created ETC had 100,000s Eth and they were also major GPU miners. No miners are left on Ethereum Network who have 100,000s of Eth.

So, this is just FUD - there no-one involved with Ethereum mining with Eth to finance picking up an abandoned blockchain as a new coin.

I think that major Ether holders right now are ICOs' wallets and exchanges' wallet so in my opinion you're right, there are no miners with such huge amount in their wallets

Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

So as per the article, ethereum chances of going into POS system will be very less
mehar_gee

Activity: 504
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:20:58 PM

ethereum price moving to green side and ethereum is rose almost 6% over a 24 hour period.
i think that eth will cross 1000$ again in this year
and price of eth is already going up in USD and BTC
eth can not stay that low forever
its just a great chance to buy eth at current low price and hold until it cross 1000$
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:58:16 PM

So, this is just FUD - there is no-one involved with Ethereum mining with the Eth to finance picking up an abandoned blockchain as a new coin.
maybe miner move their funds to another wallets due to regulation and Tex charges.
and right now mining eth is so complicated because of difficulty increases and price drops
but i think miners could get the more profit by hold their mining eth reward and wait for eth price rise
many people are saying that eth will starting go up and in the end of this year we may see a new all time high price
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:40:13 PM

You can't set up a fork unless you have a large amount of Monero coins already - it is just FUD!

Basic crypto-economics - you cannot finance the abandoned blockchain via selling off the bigger entity to buy dumped coins in the smaller entity.

Also, Mrpumperitis you accidentally included a proof, which justifies an immediate fork to introduce anti-ASIC measures onto the Ethereum Network's algorithm.

ASICs arrive in July 2018, an early fork in April or May 2018 eliminates the possibility of people using the abandoned blockchain to make a new coin, because waiting for 2/3 months for your ASICs to arrive would be an extremely expensive way to salvage a speculative ASIC equipment purchase.

And, you need to listen to one of the Core Developers meetings, Ethereum Network is doing soft forks and hard forks on a regular basis.

I dont see etc, BCH or many of the other coins forked recently (some with $bill caps) being fud...they are real. Basic crypto-economics .
They serve a community and a purpose....
There were asic miners,fpga miners and gpu miners on xmr afiak....3 dif groups of miners, now 1 is excluded.
yes so what if they need a large amount already, thats why they enjoy a fork to get even more for free.

Back to eth,
 Firstly i wouldn't advise anyone to buy asics for a coin that has had a pos switch planned from near day1 and we are very close to getting to that part of the roadmap this year.

Another thing if eth forks to rid off asics, the new changes could also have asics in the future, but they wont say or sell them to the public.

If people want to use the old chain ,they can, its happened before, it could happen again.
ETH roadmap continues.

XRP never forks! You have to remember us!
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:24:34 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 02:34:08 AM by thevictimofuktyranny

So, this is just FUD - there no-one involved with Ethereum mining with Eth to finance picking up an abandoned blockchain as a new coin.

I think that major Ether holders right now are ICOs' wallets and exchanges' wallet so in my opinion you're right, there are no miners with such huge amount in their wallets

On this ANN, I did forecast that ETC would drop out of the Top 10 crypto-currencies back in 2016 and those guys should have accepted the hard fork, instead of picking up an abandoned blockchain.

When ETC launched it, was around 7.6% of Ethereum' value.
ETC peaked at around 24% of Ethereum' value.
After the dust settled done, it was around 10% of Ethereum' value

Today, ETC is worth 3.5% of Ethereum' value.

And, those guys had 100,000s of Eth in their wallets, they even said they had 1,000s of Bitcoins in their wallets.

Picking up an abandoned blockchain turns out to be very expensive to do and can reduce a significant proportion of one's long-term asset appreciation potential when compared to accepting soft and hard forks the Core Developers decide to do.
lidonglan1012

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:42:20 AM

The price of Ethereum has been quite steady in recent week. I basically confirm that 400$is near the bottom area.
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:12:07 AM

Hi,

I replaced the SSD and now try to synchronize my wallet again. The problem is that it can't be synchronized for 2 days.
Here's how:

]

What do I have to do to see my coins again in my wallet?
Is there a way like Monroe to use remote nodes, because the database is about 100GB?
Thanks.

chacha4twenty

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

i think that eth will cross 1000$ again in this year
and price of eth is already going up in USD and BTC
eth can not stay that low forever
its just a great chance to buy eth at current low price and hold until it cross 1000$

well you are talking about $1000 ?
i think it will be cross the limits like last year on december all time high ethereum hitted $1,417.38.
history will repeat, right now ethereum rising constantly and trading at the price of $422 on Binance.  Roll Eyes
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:29:59 PM

Any technical analysis available for ethereum for next few months?
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: